HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Inside the Hostess Banker...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 04:04 PM

Inside the Hostess Bankery- The Movie, Who Keeps the Dough (it's worse than you thought)

If you or someone you know can't understand why there was a strike at Hostess, watch this film. When you hear the media narrative about about Hostess and the Bakers Union strike it is impossible to learn the truth. EVERY media outlet leaves out the details the Hedge Funds don't want the public to know. Here are some examples-

1. The Union SELF-FUNDS a large portion of its pension. Each Lenexa, KS worker contributes $4.25 an hour to the pension fund.

2. The 'Company' had collected that money for over a year under the lie that it would eventually be repaid to the pension fund. A total of $50 Million in one year.

3. This debt to the pension was thrown out in bankruptcy court as a debt the 'Company' could not repay. This money has been forever stolen...

When the sale of 'Hostess Brands' is complete the Hedge Funds will pay back the secured debt of approx $1 Billion and pocket anything above that number without paying the pension funds back. Remember that almost half of that debt is loans and interest to THEMSELVES. They will have already profited tens of millions when they 'break even'. In a just society that would never happen...

&feature=player_embedded#t=0s

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/01/17/1179708/-Inside-the-Hostess-Bankery-The-Movie-Who-Keeps-the-Dough#

10 replies, 1008 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 10 replies Author Time Post
Reply Inside the Hostess Bankery- The Movie, Who Keeps the Dough (it's worse than you thought) (Original post)
HiPointDem Jan 2013 OP
okaawhatever Jan 2013 #1
HiPointDem Jan 2013 #3
zeemike Jan 2013 #7
Recursion Jan 2013 #2
Sherman A1 Jan 2013 #4
DogPawsBiscuitsNGrav Jan 2013 #5
Raine Jan 2013 #6
HiPointDem Jan 2013 #8
Mojorabbit Jan 2013 #9
HiPointDem Jan 2013 #10

Response to HiPointDem (Original post)

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 04:25 PM

1. I wonder if unions must sign a contract agreeing not to speak publicly. There is no other reason the

unions haven't spoken up about negotiations. I followed this story and the only public acknowledgement of the union side was in a Forbes article in 2011. It wasn't a pro-union piece, it just broke it down from an investment side. Specifically whether it could come out of bankruptcy. Between this case and two others i've seen in the news, it is clear the companies or pe firms are putting their side out there w/out comment by the union. The only explanation I can come up with is that they must sign a gag contract early on. Does anyone know if that's the case?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to okaawhatever (Reply #1)

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 05:14 PM

3. i believe i've seen comments from unions -- there are actually multiple unions involved though,

so not sure.

Reply to this post

Response to okaawhatever (Reply #1)

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 07:31 PM

7. Well if a tree falls in the forest

And there is no one around, does it make a sound?

You can speak up all you want...but if there is no media that will cover it the only ones that will hear it will be your neighbor.
The media controls our perception of things by what they don't say.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 04:27 PM

2. Yup. It was a huge pump and dump. The union made the right call.

My hope is Grupo Bimbo can step in and revive the brands.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 06:18 PM

4. Thanks for Posting!

Very informative.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 06:50 PM

5. All media leaves out the important stuff. Their pay checks come from corporate advertising.

Corporations like Wallstreet and the to big to fails own the media. It's no wonder we don't get the facts until after the fact, and even then it's mostly lies.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 07:03 PM

6. Interesting, THANKS for posting this. nt

Reply to this post

Response to Raine (Reply #6)

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 08:47 PM

8. you're welcome.

Reply to this post