HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Is Chris Christie going t...

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 01:05 PM

Is Chris Christie going to run for President as a Democrat in 2016?

Could he challenge Hillary and even attempt to be on the ticket?

Is that what is in the back of his mind.

I know some here are loving what he is doing.

Being from the area, I know the real Chris Christie and know he can't win the republican primary. He is also not on our side as a republican.His views are on the right.

But could he be thinking of switching?

I can't see him beating Hillary, who will be President against any contender.

But on the off chance that Hillary isn't going to run I can see both Christie and Bloomberg running and beating other candidates. (Bloomberg for Pres,as a Dem, Christie for VP... Who knows.)

(and what if they teamed up? Bloomberg/Christie?
There is no candidate on either side that would beat that team.
(except Hillary of course).

64 replies, 3828 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 64 replies Author Time Post
Reply Is Chris Christie going to run for President as a Democrat in 2016? (Original post)
graham4anything Jan 2013 OP
Laelth Jan 2013 #1
SheilaT Jan 2013 #2
graham4anything Jan 2013 #10
SheilaT Jan 2013 #11
graham4anything Jan 2013 #14
SheilaT Jan 2013 #21
graham4anything Jan 2013 #35
SheilaT Jan 2013 #43
graham4anything Jan 2013 #44
SheilaT Jan 2013 #45
graham4anything Jan 2013 #46
SheilaT Jan 2013 #47
libinnyandia Jan 2013 #55
graham4anything Jan 2013 #56
Whisp Jan 2013 #3
graham4anything Jan 2013 #15
Whisp Jan 2013 #39
Fumesucker Jan 2013 #4
graham4anything Jan 2013 #16
Whisp Jan 2013 #40
stlsaxman Jan 2013 #5
bongbong Jan 2013 #17
Isoldeblue Jan 2013 #6
onehandle Jan 2013 #7
Flashmann Jan 2013 #8
Kalidurga Jan 2013 #9
Motown_Johnny Jan 2013 #12
NoGOPZone Jan 2013 #13
exboyfil Jan 2013 #18
FSogol Jan 2013 #19
Salviati Jan 2013 #20
bluestate10 Jan 2013 #30
Salviati Jan 2013 #50
JaneyVee Jan 2013 #22
Tierra_y_Libertad Jan 2013 #23
cherokeeprogressive Jan 2013 #24
Puzzledtraveller Jan 2013 #25
bluestate10 Jan 2013 #32
Auntie Bush Jan 2013 #61
RedCappedBandit Jan 2013 #63
LittleBlue Jan 2013 #26
whatchamacallit Jan 2013 #27
SoCalDem Jan 2013 #28
ZombieHorde Jan 2013 #29
Autumn Jan 2013 #31
Bucky Jan 2013 #33
sad-cafe Jan 2013 #34
tabbycat31 Jan 2013 #36
applegrove Jan 2013 #37
Matariki Jan 2013 #38
JackBeck Jan 2013 #41
Jennicut Jan 2013 #42
Recursion Jan 2013 #48
CheapShotArtist Jan 2013 #49
libodem Jan 2013 #51
libodem Jan 2013 #52
hrmjustin Jan 2013 #53
Stinky The Clown Jan 2013 #54
Indykatie Jan 2013 #57
Coolest Ranger Jan 2013 #58
HangOnKids Jan 2013 #59
Iggo Jan 2013 #60
RedCappedBandit Jan 2013 #62
MrSlayer Jan 2013 #64

Response to graham4anything (Original post)

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 01:13 PM

1. My guess would be "no."

He may run for President, but he won't run as a Democrat.

-Laelth

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 01:13 PM

2. In a word, no.

First off, what makes you think Hillary is running then? She keeps on saying she's not going to, and I'm taking her at her word.

Secondly, if he were to run the laughter from the Democratic primary voters would be enough to stop him.

And Bloomberg is also a Republican. Yeah, I know he's calling himself an independent these days, but he's still a Republican.

I keep on being stunned by the total lack of imagination in thinking Hillary Clinton and only Hillary Clinton is the only possible Democratic nominee three years down the road. Am I the only person here who can recall that her nomination in '08 was considered inevitable? Am I the only person here who can recall that every other plausible Democrat decided not to run in 1992 because George H.W. Bush was a clear shoe-in to be re-elected? Remember how his second term went?

Between now and the end of 2015, which is when the potential field of candidates will start shaking out, there is simply no way of predicting what will happen, or who will rise to the top in either party.

Reply to this post

Response to SheilaT (Reply #2)

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 01:28 PM

10. Bloomberg is a liberal democrat from Mass. Always was. No matter what letter after his name.

NYC has a long habit of people changing to run to win when there is an opening

hating Bloomberg or saying he is a repub. is getting it all wrong.

Had he not run, most likely the police commish would have won(republican) as mayor right after 2001.

The democratic candidate wouldn't have won anyhow that year.

Not after 9-11. (Rudy would have won another term had he been able to, but then there were different rules in place and he couldn't. Matter of fact, Rudy tried to cancel the election which actually, 9-11 was primary day for the republican primary that year, Rudy attempted to outright cancel it, had a backlash and couldn't run for 3rd term if he wanted to due to his upsurping elections altogether.
(The election was postponed due to 9-11 a short while.)

But the mayor was destined that year to be a republican, Bloomberg saw opening and switched from liberal democrat to repub. to win.

As for Hillary, she is running and will win.
Bill Clinton did not campaign for nothing.

this is 2016 talking, not 1992.
(btw, 3rd party allowed Clinton to sneak in. Had Perot not run, he wouldn't have won.
Which is why 3rd parties are mischief makers and either way, cause the other party to win.
Perot hated 41 and that grudge personally caused him to stop 41.
In 2000, Perot backed W. Same in 2004.
It wasn't the politics, it was the person with Perot.

imho

as for Christie?
Wait til you see in June the iconic picture of the new boardwalk in Seaside heights reopening just months after Hurricane Sandy.
(and watch Bruce himself show up, as will President Obama.)

sometimes issues are once in a generation.

President Obama won using the same strategy Hillary would have won with.
Only reason she did not win was his voters voted for him.
in 2016, they will vote for her(and it really has to be a woman.)
But should she not run for some reason(I think she is running), there is no one else with her
standing in either party.

So anything can happen.

and guns are the issue of the moment, and Christie is mega confident with Sandy.
The beginning of the end for W was Katrina.
And the difference between what Gov. Christie did and Gov. Cuomo did during Sandy was stark.
And even starker was the difference between the normal Christie and the Sandy Christie.

(BTW-did you see the picture of Hillary the other day, her first day back?
That is how she will win. It was 13 men(all white) and Hillary, and all were focused on her.
That is the iconic picture of 2013 with regard to Hillary.
Some people might have missed it.

imho.

Reply to this post

Response to graham4anything (Reply #10)

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 01:35 PM

11. She's running?

When did she announce? I've only heard her saying that she's not.

And the idea that the Democratic nominee next time must be a woman is foolish. It may well be, but that woman won't be Hillary. Personally, I'm hoping Elizabeth Warren will run.

The letter after Bloomberg's name will matter if he tries to get the Democratic nomination. Maybe he'll try to run as an independent, but probably not.

And we're more than three freaking years away from the next election. The issue of this moment will not be the issue three plus years from now. Count on it. Go back and think about who actually ran in 1992 and 2008 and won.

Iconic photos do not win elections.

Reply to this post

Response to SheilaT (Reply #11)

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 01:50 PM

14. Why would you want Elizabeth Warren to leave the position of power she has now?

for her to run, for one thing against Jeb, she will be dukakissed like he was.
For another, she was never vetted and barely won her race in in one of the most liberal states
for another, she is in the perfect job
(and after the horrible runs by Kerry and Mitt, most likely no one from Mass. will run for a long time, and if someone from Mass does run, it would be the honorable Gov. Deval Patrick, who would run.

But why would you want someone else doing Warren's job? WHO??? There is no one else in the senate doing what she does, and campaigning for President is going to have to start for someone not Hillary, almost immediately.

So what would she run on ?
She just started her term and congress hasn't even been in session for the most part and won't til next week. So she has zero record. And again, who would replace her currently in the senate to do what she would do?

I thought she was singular in her single issue voters elected her for.

And well, President Obama as he says, goes forward.

all you are doing is going back and saying look at 1992 and 2008.

If you want to go back, look what happened in 1968 when the best able to win candidate did not run (LBJ), because voters fractured over one issue, forgetting all the others, and allowing an inferior candidate (but one heck of a nice, great guy, HHH) to be nominated.
Lost the electoin to Nixon.(who sabatoged the negotiations to end the war LBJ had worked hard on).

LBJ would have beaten Nixon in a down and dirty race.
and McGovern, great guy, but come on, anyone around then knew he wouldn't win both before and after Eagleton quit).

Hillary is running.
Just like some didn't think she would run for Senator of NY when she did.

Events do define the times.

and the times in 2016 will be for a cotinuation of what President Obama has done.
Not tearing it down and wanting change.
Why would anyone want to change what President Obama has started and achieved?
(only the Jeb Bush's want to do that.)

But Christie is interesting person.

Personally I would like Biden to be Hillary's VP
but Charlie Crist would be a great choice once he wins the Florida gov. as a Dem.
So would Jerry Brown or twenty others.
But no one is in the class of Hillary in experience, and standing.
And the fact that 100% of her dirt is public knowledge. No other candidate has been vetted
whatsoever.(and after the fraud Edwards was, best to get all the dirt out there way early, because dirt will be found if it isn't).

Though a Hillary/Warren ticket would be interesting, wouldn't it?

Reply to this post

Response to graham4anything (Reply #14)

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 03:57 PM

21. In 2016 Warren will have had as much time in the Senate

as Obama had, if she chooses to run. And 53.7% of the vote isn't usually defined as barely winning.

Biden's not going to be a VP again. He's already 70, and while he is certainly youthful and energetic, I wouldn't want someone already 74 to be running for VP. Which brings up Hillary's age. I'm a year younger than she is, but she certainly is looking tired and old. In fact, Elizabeth Warren looks a decade younger than Hillary, despite only being two years younger. Perhaps being Secretary of State is as aging a position as President. But I do think the job is better suited to someone who is somewhat younger than late 60's or early 70's.

It really is impossible to predict the future. Who knows what we as individuals and as a country will be experiencing between now and the next election? To grandly state that in 2016 what voters will want is a continuation of what Obama will be doing between now and then is presumptuous. Yeah, I do think Obama is a good President and I personally wish he'd push a whole lot harder for a genuinely liberal/progressive agenda. If you ask me, he should tell Congress to go fuck itself and actually close down Guantanamo. He should pull our troops out of Afghanistan immediately, if not sooner. He should stop the drone attacks. He should do everything possible to enact real meaningful gun control, cut military spending which is by far the largest part of our budget, push for better school funding and so on. What he actually does about any of these things remains to be seen.

I'm frustrated that so many here are just looking at the same-old, same-old candidates. Remember, in 2005, when Bush II was being inaugurated for the second time, not a single person out there even dreamed that the brand new Senator from Illinois with the weird name, could possibly consider running for President before at least 2012, and probably 2016. Here on this board hoards of people were hot for Kerry to run again, or for Gore to run again. There were all sorts of posts at that time about how one or the other of those two would be perfect and would of course win.

Hillary has baggage. To say that she's been vetted and all of her secrets are out there, while true, misses the point. In the end, in 2008, the Democrats rejected her in favor of the guy who went on to win the Presidency. She's done a fine job as Secretary of State. And mark my words, a couple of years from now there will be myriad posts here on DU saying how fantastic Kerry is in that position and how inevitable his nomination is.

Reply to this post

Response to SheilaT (Reply #21)

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 04:55 PM

35. Elizabeth Warren is the same age as Hillary. And Obama won Mass. larger than she did.

as for the last line, believe me, I won't be saying that.No second SOS ever is better than the first one.
However, his fan club already has said that he is the best SOS ever(and he hasn't even been voted on yet. (10, 9, 8, 7.....
and if the senate seat or governor's seat is lost, it will be his fault.
Some are saying Scott Brown is going to be the next governor and skip running for a 2 year senate seat,and having to run again. and going for the surer four year spot. and a Kennedy will win the senate election in 2014.

If Vicky Kennedy were senator now, I would want her to be the woman President were Hillary not running.

But more important, I am looking forward for Hillary to name Barack Obama supreme court justice in 2018,doing like Taft.

Personally, I think NO sitting governor, senator, should run for a different office in 2014 or 2016.

It is too close to give up a seat.

Reply to this post

Response to graham4anything (Reply #35)

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 10:43 PM

43. Elizabeth Warren is actually two years younger than Hillary.

I know, picky picky picky.

Reply to this post

Response to SheilaT (Reply #43)

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 11:06 PM

44. Golda Meir, the best female world leader ever, was alot older when she made history

you put Hillary down as too old, and want someone that is the same age. That is weird.

Michelle would be wonderful, but I think it will be Michelle46 in 2024.

but ageism is the same as any other ism. It is wrong. IMHO

Reply to this post

Response to graham4anything (Reply #44)

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 01:28 AM

45. Michelle who?

If you mean Michelle Obama, there's no evidence she's interested in running for office. And this whole idea that a wife or daughter or son of someone who held political office is now a good choice to run is creepy.

And if you're referring to some other Michelle that I'm spacing out on, apologies for my ignorance.

But the job of President of the United States is, I'm quite certain, significantly more challenging than that of Prime Minister of Israel, with all due respect to the difficulties that job entails. Golda Meir served 40 years ago, when the world was a somewhat less complex place than it is now.

Reply to this post

Response to SheilaT (Reply #45)

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 04:13 AM

46. and Hillary's mother lived to her 90s. Mike Bloomberg's mother lived to 102.

yes, Michelle Obama.

Did you think the same thing about FDR, about Al Gore, about John Quincy Adams, about any of the 3 Kennedy's?

Would you have wanted Jerry Brown not to give his entire life to public service because his daddy was in politiics?

Or do you just mean any Clinton or Obama or Bush.
Oh, I get it.

Golda Meir actually one could say had it much harder in her little neck of the woods.

Your wanting of someone never vetted, never having yet acheived anything to be President, and you are worried about that???

BTW, if you don't want Michelle Obama, how about Michelle Pfeiffer.
Can't recall any relative of hers running.
or maybe Michelle Dockery.
She handles the Abbey pretty well.
Or Michelle Trachtenberg. She would definitely not be to old.
Or Michelle Williams. She has had a tough life and knows what she would need to do in tough situations like those that life handed her. And she would qualify under your harsh age standard.

after Michelle Obama, any one of the others would be as realistic a chance as say
Alan Grayson, Bernie Sanders, Al Franken or Mark O'Malley ever being elected President.

Reply to this post

Response to graham4anything (Reply #46)

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 01:12 PM

47. FDR's father wasn't in politics.

As for Al Gore, John Quincy Adams, etc, all of those people chose to go into politics on their own. And good for them. Yes, the name and contacts helped, but it's no guarantee. They ran for office, did what needed to be done. As did Hillary Clinton when she decided to run for Senate in the state of New York. Her run for President in '08 wasn't just based on being the wife of a former President, but on her own particular track record. But she didn't win the nomination then.

Meanwhile Michelle Obama, wonderful person that she, so far has shown no interest in elected politics herself. And naming the other Michelle's is just an exercise in being petty for the sake of being petty.

Longevity in and of itself means nothing. It's commonly understood that Ronald Reagan was in early Alzheimer's by his second administration.

In the end, it comes down to getting over the notion that the only possible candidates for 2016 are those we are already thinking about.

Oh, and I personally think Alan Grayson or Al Franken would be fantastic Presidents, although I recognize they're not likely to run for that office.

Reply to this post

Response to graham4anything (Reply #10)

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 08:05 PM

55. In 2001 Bloomberg won because so many people stayed home, not beause his win was inevitable.

Reply to this post

Response to libinnyandia (Reply #55)

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 08:14 PM

56. it was next than impossible for downtown manhattan to vote also

there was some question as to what about the voters who already had voted in the morning of 9-11 as polls were already open 9/11.
But if you put Rudy and Bloomberg against each other, it is clear one is many times better than the other in every single cause and belief
(not to mention it was Rudy's inane idea to put the NYC base in the WTC complex to start off with, where Rudy happened to be that morning. Rudy himself could have been killed there, which gave him gravitas after 9-11 that others did not have. He had the WTC dust all over him that morning.)

Had there been an election in 2002, it is quite possible Rudy could have won on that iconic photo moment alone. But the elections weren't til 2004 for President.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 01:14 PM

3. this is a joke, right?

there is NO WAY. what's in your coffee this morning, graham?

Reply to this post

Response to Whisp (Reply #3)

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 01:53 PM

15. My goal would be to stop the thought of his switching from ever happening.

let's make him being governor the last thing on his resume.

get these things out in the open, then they can't spring them on us later on.

look how far the "maverick' (which we all know was a lie) label got McCain.
save for being against the best candidate of our time, and save for his running a terrible campaign, McCain might have gone all the way being a maverick.
(actually had he really been a maverick, he might also have succeeded against anyone else but President Obama.

Reply to this post

Response to graham4anything (Reply #15)

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 08:25 PM

39. Independent maybe

and we know how that one will go.

As I see it now he busted his chances with the GOP for all time (unless they decide to become humans again, which is unlikely in that short span of time).

I think he sacrificed himself for that run with how Hurricane Sandy went, which is almost commendable. But we will see. Memories are short.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 01:15 PM

4. No, I don't think the Good Baron has any intention of running as a Democrat

Reply to this post

Response to Fumesucker (Reply #4)

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 01:54 PM

16. thought you were going to reference and picture jabba here

Reply to this post

Response to Fumesucker (Reply #4)

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 08:27 PM

40. I wonder who will be his juice of Sapho?

he'll need a lot!

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 01:15 PM

5. Fat chance.

Reply to this post

Response to stlsaxman (Reply #5)

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 02:09 PM

17. Bad!

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 01:20 PM

6. I wondered that too, at times

But, I believe that the bottom line will always be, is being a conservative for Christie, never a Democrat.
What I think he's working towards, with his various criticisms, is being the messiah of the party and being the one to change it.

But he will never be able to outrun his roots in the Jersey mafia and will always be completely self-serving. Which is what the rethug party is all about.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 01:20 PM

7. An anti-union anti-transportation Democratic candidate?

Nope.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 01:21 PM

8. Good Gawd....

Secondly, if he were to run the laughter from the Democratic primary voters would be enough to stop him.

This^^^:

There is no imaginable scenario,in which I would cast a vote for him...Primary or General.....

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 01:27 PM

9. No not as Democrat

I don't think he would run as a Republican either. I am sensing some bad blood with him and the party and I am not sure Christie is the forgiving kind. I could see him going Independent just to be a fly in the ointment.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 01:43 PM

12. That is lunacy

The guy is about to run for reelection as an (R). He can't then just flip and run for President. He would be a whipping boy for both sides, trusted by none.

I also am not convinced Sec. Clinton is as strong as people think. All her negatives are still there from last time. She did support the Iraq war and spoke out strongly on the floor of The Senate in favor of it. She did fail to pass health care reform during her husband's administration. Worse, she flat out lied about the sniper fire in Bosnia that never existed. We just defeated a candidate who would say anything to get elected and I think it would be very easy to paint Mrs. Clinton with that same brush. If she decides to run then we can see what happens in 2015 and 2016 but I am not on the bandwagon as of yet.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 01:45 PM

13. Nah, that would imply he's in the wrong party now and his ego is too big to acknowledge that.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 02:23 PM

18. I think he has a shot

even at the Republican nomination. He is the non-crazy Republican. He will play well on the coasts and the more moderate of the fly over country. If he runs it should be about the delegates - don't worry about early losses just keep pushing the delegate count. If he stays true to himself then he won't have the issues related to Romney. He can be Gingrich without the baggage.

Four years is a long time. I do think that in general folks are not going to vote for an overweight person nationally. He he has a shot he will have to lose weight. The contrast between him and Obama walking on the coast was glaring. A young healthy looking Rubio will look so much better than him on the television screen.

Christie will not run or VP under any circumstances. When was the last time the Governor of a major state ran for VP (Spiro Agnew) and New Jersey is much bigger than Maryland. Before that you have to go back to Earl Warren. Alaska does not qualify as a major state, and Palin is definitely not Christie.

Don't you know you have to be a U.S. Senator to run on the Democratic VP ticket (13 of last 15)?

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 02:26 PM

19. Gas leaks are no laughing matter. Open some windows!

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 02:26 PM

20. Now that WOULD be something that would get me to vote 3rd party.

I sure as heck am not going to be voting for a republican turncoat for president.

The Baron Vladimir Harkonnen said it best: "Never trust a traitor, not even one you create"

Reply to this post

Response to Salviati (Reply #20)

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 04:22 PM

30. Well. Get used to dealing with republican turncoats. I hope you use judgment

when dealing with those people. Two democrats that recently got elected to the House were republicans or from a longtime republican family. McClain-Kuster from New Hampshire came from a republican family that left that party in the 80s when Reagan clearly dominated the republican party. Patrick Murphy of Florida changed his registration to democrat in 2011 after becoming disgusted with the tea party as the last straw in a list of things that were bugging him about the republican party.

Moderate and liberal republicans (yes, those animals do exist, even if on the endangered species list), will be bailing out of the republican party, Charlie Crist was the beginning of that wave. I have no love for republicans, but people like Crist are decent, patriotic americans that care about other people, even when I don't agree with some of their prescriptions for the economy. Those people are on the same side as we are on social issues, their basic instincts on what is right and wrong match up to ours. I will welcome those people to the democratic party with the understanding that their views will mature as those of Kuster, Murphy and Crist did. I say this as a person that comes from a family that has deep roots in the democratic party.

Reply to this post

Response to bluestate10 (Reply #30)

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 07:35 PM

50. In some districts and states that's fine.

However, if we need to run a republican turncoat in the district that I'm living in now or for the presidental election, then the democratic party is in SERIOUS trouble.

If we're running former republicans in places that have historically voted exclusively republican, but are getting a little leery of the nutjob direction their party has taken, I'm all for that. I don't think that we should really put them in positions of power within the party where their values would clash with traditional democratic values, but I'm sure that there are plenty of issues we can work with.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 04:05 PM

22. After that RIDICULOUS speech he gave at the RNC convention I don't want him. They can keep him.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 04:10 PM

23. Speaking of lousy choices...3rd Way Dem Hillary vs 3rd Way Dem(?) Chrisitie.

No sale on either.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 04:12 PM

24. Nnnnnnope

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 04:13 PM

25. No, and I think the "Hillary is a shoe in for president" idea is premature

It boggles my mind really, we rail against establishment dems yet are so willing to elect them. I'm not sure if it's just party loyalty, honest belief in the candidate to include sharing there ideals and approval of their policys, or is it just laziness.

Reply to this post

Response to Puzzledtraveller (Reply #25)

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 04:29 PM

32. People with your view on Hillary should pack a big lunch.

Because there will be a war to the very end if your ilk attempt to stop Hillary. Our party seriously need a woman at the head of our 2016 ticket, Hillary has superb credentials for that position. I plan to throw every dollar that I can generate behind her.

Reply to this post

Response to bluestate10 (Reply #32)

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 10:05 PM

61. + 100

Reply to this post

Response to Puzzledtraveller (Reply #25)

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 10:09 PM

63. You'll get flack from the 'conservative democrats' here..

but I, for one, agree with you.

I wouldn't vote for her in the primary. That said, I would vote for her if it came down to it in the general election.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 04:15 PM

26. Christie isn't ready for primetime

His style works in New Jersey, but not sure if it will work nationally.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 04:16 PM

27. Lol, what's your deal?

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 04:19 PM

28. I could see him running for GOVERNOR again ...as an Independent

and perhaps in 2020 as a Dem....(if a republican wins the WH)..

If he's re-elected governor, I can see him possibly attacking the health issues he surely has or will soon have..If he starts losing weight, I'll believe he's running for president..not until then. The rigors of a campaign are intense & I don't think he's got the stamina for it. He has already proven that he can be governor and stay at his status quo, but the presidential campaign is another beast entirely.. All it takes is for the press to start in showing him huffing and puffing for air & he's done..

He can control the media situations as governor in his own sphere of influence, but once on the national stage, all bets are off..

I think his time as a republican is over (outside the state of NJ).

He's a younger version of Giuliani, and we all saw how incapable Giuliani was of wooing the republicans....and republicans are even more strident these days.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 04:21 PM

29. My wild guess is he will run in 2016 as a Republican. nt

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 04:26 PM

31. Even if he did, he sure as hell wouldn't get my vote. And I don't believe Hillary will run.

But back to Christie, He could change to Democrat tomorrow and I still would never cast a vote for him. If he were the only Democrat who ran I would still never vote for him. If he ran with Biden, I would not vote for him. If he ran with God I would not vote for him.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 04:34 PM

33. Republicans don't see themselves the same way as DUers see them.

They're not ALL the hate filled paranoid psychotic rageaholics that we caricturize them as online here.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 04:35 PM

34. he will run, but

as an R

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 04:57 PM

36. Christie is NOT a Democrat, I repeat he is NOT a Democrat

He's one of the most conservative governors NJ's had in recent history.

He's Rudy '9/11' Guiliani 2.0 only substitute Sandy for 9/11.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 08:20 PM

37. He's going to run as a republican populist.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 08:23 PM

38. This is crazy talk

He *might* switch parties - but please name an example of someone who's switched parties immediately before a Presidential bid and had any success or support from the party?

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 08:27 PM

41. He doesn't support the Democratic Party Platform.

So this is pretty much a non-starter.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 08:29 PM

42. No. I appreciate that he is willing to call Repubs out for being asses even though it is obviously

good for him politically in a blue state. But he is not a Dem. He is a moderate to conservative Republican on many issues. Biden or Hillary or whomever else runs will be to the left of him on just abortion rights alone.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 01:15 PM

48. Stranger things have happened, but I think he'll run as an R

That's my guess, at least.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 02:32 PM

49. If Chris were to change parties,

I could see more of a chance of him becoming a Libertarian than a Dem.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 07:43 PM

51. Yes

Short answer. Alan Greyson for vice prez.

Reply to this post

Response to libodem (Reply #51)

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 07:45 PM

52. Joking

They would look like the mob.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 07:52 PM

53. No! We don't want that guy at all.

I doubt he could win the GOP nomination.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 07:58 PM

54. A NY/NJ ticket will never happen, even if we are a country for a thousand years.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 08:36 PM

57. Christie is Betting The GOP Will Be Ready for a Saner Candidate in 2016 - He's Wrong of Course

He's gonna run as rupub but here is no way someone with some of Christie's positions that are not bat shit crazy can survive a republican primary. For the repubs I think 2016 will be a repeat of last year with all the crazies running the primary show until the last one is left standing. Even if it's him the crazies are not going to get behind him fully leaving him with the same problems Rmoney had. Why would Dems get behind a Christie ticket? The logic of this suggestion as a possibility totally escapes me. Then you add a second VP candidate that isn't a Dem as a possibility. Wow, that's some weird thinking.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 08:43 PM

58. He would have to switch parties and I just don't see that happening

Reply to this post

Response to Coolest Ranger (Reply #58)

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 09:17 PM

59. You Never Know

Stranger things have happened.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 09:56 PM

60. In four words, No.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 10:07 PM

62. Doubt that. But I do see a lot of 'progressives' and 'democrats'

buying into his bullshit. Surprising that people can be so gullible.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 10:18 PM

64. A union busting toadie of the 1% running as a Democrat?

Considering the direction this party has taken since the 80's, this would be the next logical step I guess.

Where are the pro-labor, pro-people, pro-second bill of rights FDR Dems? Extinct it seems.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread