HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Bolshoi ballet director i...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 12:46 PM

Bolshoi ballet director in acid attack, may lose sight

Sergei Filin, a former leading dancer at the Bolshoi who has been in the high-pressure job at the heart of Russian culture for nearly two years, was attacked outside his Moscow apartment building as he returned from an outing on Thursday night.

Such is the prestige of Filin's post in Russian life, and its power inside the theatre, that stunned current and former colleagues suggested the motive could have been envy, rivalry or even competition for roles.

His face covered in bandages with holes for the mouth and eyes, Filin sounded relieved to have survived the attack.

"I was scared, I thought he was going to shoot me, honestly ... and I turned to run but he chased me down," Filin told Russia's REN TV.

<snip>

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/18/entertainment-us-russia-bolshoi-attack-idUSBRE90H0CX20130118

1 replies, 321 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Bolshoi ballet director in acid attack, may lose sight (Original post)
cali Jan 2013 OP
2naSalit Jan 2013 #1

Response to cali (Original post)

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 01:23 PM

1. All I can say is...

WTF??? Our species is in grave trouble and most are in denial while they thrive on negative energy.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread