HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » A Message To Matt Drudge ...

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 09:52 AM

A Message To Matt Drudge From An Adrenal Gland

It's not working, bro. The flashing sirens and big red letters. The horror stories about young people and minorities running wild, right below some crazy freak's banner ad for a video about how the whole country's about to collapse, and I'd better buy Glenn Beck's favorite brand of gold coins if I don't want to have to eat my own family. I watch it all now, and I don't even react. Nothing - not even a squirt of epinephrine. I'm sitting here as useless as an appendix. An appendix, Matt.

Used to be, I'd go over to your site, and the guys up in the cortex would just light me up with stimuli. The pituitary would be screaming at me like an air-traffic controller on crank:

"Have you seen this stuff in the Middle East? And these flash mobs everywhere... What the hell is going on?! Get to your basement now, because Obama and a gang of people who do not look like you one bit are about to bust in here!"

It was exhausting. I mean, I'm always up for some action. Elevating the heart rate is my whole thing. But you ruined it, Drudge. You've been telling me my whole world's going to end for more than a decade, and I look out my window... and the world's still there. Lately whenever I hear about some insane article on your site I just... I just can't get worked up about it any more.

Read The Rest Here:
http://paulbibeau.blogspot.com/2012/11/a-message-to-matt-drudge-from-adrenal.html

11 replies, 1610 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 11 replies Author Time Post
Reply A Message To Matt Drudge From An Adrenal Gland (Original post)
paulbibeau Jan 2013 OP
Cirque du So-What Jan 2013 #1
paulbibeau Jan 2013 #2
NJCher Jan 2013 #3
The Wizard Jan 2013 #4
Viva_La_Revolution Jan 2013 #5
paulbibeau Jan 2013 #7
calimary Jan 2013 #6
paulbibeau Jan 2013 #8
calimary Jan 2013 #9
paulbibeau Jan 2013 #10
Paladin Jan 2013 #11

Response to paulbibeau (Original post)

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 10:08 AM

1. Adrenal fatigue

http://www.adrenalfatigue.org/

Perhaps former Dredge-a-holics need a support group.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Cirque du So-What (Reply #1)

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 10:28 AM

2. I think so, yes.

But... how many are we talking about? And when you throw FN viewers into the mix, we're talking about something that would destroy the healthcare system.

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 11:43 AM

3. Matt Drudge?

I forgot he even existed!

Cher

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 11:58 AM

4. Drudge hasn't been seen in years

probably worm food.

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 12:46 PM

5. lol!

clever blog too. love the Tina Fay story!

Reply to this post

Response to Viva_La_Revolution (Reply #5)

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 02:40 PM

7. Thanks much.

I'm glad my darkness is entertaining.

You know what it's like to see an ex on a 30 ft tall poster in midtown Manhattan? YOU KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE?

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 12:54 PM

6. Welcome to DU, paulbibeau!

Glad you're here! I enjoyed this - thanks for posting it here!

These screamers and screechers and whiners and and yowlers are on the wrong side. Thick-headed, gullible, willfully - even proudly ignorant, with rigid, closed-minded, myopic worldviews.

Reply to this post

Response to calimary (Reply #6)

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 06:05 PM

8. Thanks, you. I am enjoying this crowd.

Reply to this post

Response to paulbibeau (Reply #8)

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 07:05 PM

9. We're a wild bunch, alright. Proud to be part of it! And glad to have you in there, too!

I love this place. BEST political site on the internets, as far as I'm concerned.

GREAT connective tissue to other resources and sites and research and good reads throughout the web. It's more like a think tank, really. MANY contributors here, some of them professional writers and pols. They come from all walks of life, every kind of experience, every imaginable profession, great thinkers and analysts, just about every age you can think of (except the little bitty ones, of course), from many other countries, and certainly all parts and corners of our own. And a great fiery motivating spark for activism!

I come here and learn. Every day.

Reply to this post

Response to calimary (Reply #9)

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 07:31 PM

10. Just you saying that makes me think we're all going to be okay...

We might actually end up okay! I mean, I don't want to go crazy here. But maybe modern democratic countries might do just fine.

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 07:52 PM

11. Very Nicely Done, Paulbibeau. My Compliments; Stick Around DU For A While, OK? (nt)

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread