HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » They talk about arming te...

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 02:58 AM

They talk about arming teachers, I'll tell you which occupation needs to be armed

that is reproductive health practitioners. Those brave people have gotten death threats and some have been followed through, all because of what they do and their beliefs are, like the good doctor George Tiller, who was killed because of his job.

3 replies, 763 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply They talk about arming teachers, I'll tell you which occupation needs to be armed (Original post)
Great Caesars Ghost Jan 2013 OP
BlueMTexpat Jan 2013 #1
harmonicon Jan 2013 #2
momsrule Jan 2013 #3

Response to Great Caesars Ghost (Original post)

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 05:02 AM

1. IMO, the only professions/occupations that should be armed

are the military and law enforcement authorities.

If they were the only ones, George Tiller would still be alive. Along with so many, many others.

The answer is not more guns; it is fewer.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 05:38 AM

2. Here's an even crazier idea:

Maybe the questions isn't who should and who shouldn't be armed, but why anyone should ever be armed.

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 05:40 AM

3. I agree wholeheartedly.

There is so much violence in our country and military-grade weaponry should never have been allowed in the public sector- period. I don't want my neighbors to have armed drones either, do you? let's send strong messages to the "nugent nuts" and tell them they are no longer allowed to remove all the rights and lives of others, especially those without any defense against such weapons. Honoring second amendment rights of one should never remove the right to life of dozens or more citizens or non-citizens. There should be no controversy here!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread