HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » So what happened to 1776....

Wed Jan 16, 2013, 05:27 PM

So what happened to 1776...?

I was under the impression that there was going to be be an armed insurrection against the government if Obama made Executive Orders on the gun control debate in Washington, D.C.

:crickets:

5 replies, 625 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply So what happened to 1776...? (Original post)
Earth_First Jan 2013 OP
Squinch Jan 2013 #1
Brother Buzz Jan 2013 #3
DavidDvorkin Jan 2013 #5
TeamPooka Jan 2013 #2
okaawhatever Jan 2013 #4

Response to Earth_First (Original post)

Wed Jan 16, 2013, 05:42 PM

1. They decided to go out for ice cream instead. But they insisted on wearing their racoon skin caps.

You know, so they look just like Davie Crockett. If Davie Crocket were a doughy middle-aged guy who doesn't get out in the sun much.

And they're carryin'! Oh, yes, make no mistake. They're carryin'!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Squinch (Reply #1)

Wed Jan 16, 2013, 06:14 PM

3. Interesting you mention Davy Crockett. He kept his promise and left the US....

"I told the people of my district that I would serve them as faithfully as I had done;
but if not ... you may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas." - Crockett

Reply to this post

Response to Brother Buzz (Reply #3)

Wed Jan 16, 2013, 07:15 PM

5. And we know how well that worked out for him.

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 16, 2013, 05:59 PM

2. dey watchin da Honey Boo Boo..... nt

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 16, 2013, 06:54 PM

4. For ur amusement:Upon actually reading the Dec. of Independence,

they learned it was signed July 4, 1776. Because they deem themselves "true" patriots, they decide to delay insurrection until July 4, 2013 when it's warmer. They are also bandying about the weekend of Sept 13-17th as that would include the dates of both the adoption and ratification of the Constitution. Many were heard to complain they also needed time to read it. Sadly, while the patriots have determined that postponing the insurrection until a more Constitutional-like-date, this being about the Constitution after all, they have no idea that the 2nd Amendment wasn't added until 2 years later.

Progress is steady they report, having resolved the issue of flag bearer. It seems that bhoiscommie, giving only his screen name, wanted to be the flag bearer since he was the only one who had a cloth Gadsden flag.(all others only had bumper stickers) Rkba2, thought he should be flag bearer since he had the only S. Carolina confederate uniform. After much debate bhoiscommie talked his mother into making him a uniform and rkba2 was nominated to carry a fife.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread