HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » what better way to shame ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Jan 16, 2013, 02:18 PM

what better way to shame the 0.1% to do what's right

"A national sex strike! Spain's 'high-class hookers refuse to sleep with bankers"

Take away all their play toys until they start to act like human beings and appreciate those who make their lives possible.

4 replies, 385 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply what better way to shame the 0.1% to do what's right (Original post)
tech3149 Jan 2013 OP
hughee99 Jan 2013 #1
tech3149 Jan 2013 #2
hughee99 Jan 2013 #3
TheKentuckian Jan 2013 #4

Response to tech3149 (Original post)

Wed Jan 16, 2013, 02:24 PM

1. A good thought, but Spain's "high-class hookers" will run out of money

long before Spain's bankers run out "middle-class" hookers looking to make better money.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to hughee99 (Reply #1)

Wed Jan 16, 2013, 11:33 PM

2. I don't think they'll enjoy the skills of less professional very long

An amateur might give you a good fuck, mabey even a great fuck, but you'll soon see a diminishing return.
Sex ain't like other skills, you can't get the same skills out of the box that you would from an experienced professional.

Reply to this post

Response to tech3149 (Reply #2)

Wed Jan 16, 2013, 11:56 PM

3. Lower cost isn't necessarily "less professional".

Someone who's used to making $200 an hour may even be willing to do things that someone used to making $1000 an hour wouldn't (if you offer $1000 dollars). There may be a drop off somewhere (maybe in appearance), but not necessarily in skills.

In any case, if there is a demand, the supply will be met by someone before long, especially if there's good money to be made.

Reply to this post

Response to tech3149 (Original post)

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 12:08 AM

4. They aren't going to be shamed into shit beyond a strategic retreat to end up with more

Of course I am not in a position to "take away their toys" in any such fashion but it won't work there and it sure as shit won't work here because the supply will out pace the demand at the available price point.

To be frank, I don't see how the 101st Hooker Brigade is going to go to the mat for the persecutors and turn on the people with money and connections IF it would work, which I find beyond doubtful.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread