HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Ammunition shortage affec...

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 09:00 AM

Ammunition shortage affects local law enforcement agencies

TAMPA BAY - Across the country and the bay area, many shelves for ammunition sit empty while gun shows are seeing unprecedented lines of people buying guns and bullets.

St. Pete Police have already seen a delay. While they have an ample supply for ammo that officers carry on the street, there's an issue with the bullets they use for target practice.

There has been such a dramatic run on this stuff right now. They (retailers) have actually back ordered it. They have promised we will get it, but they can't put a date on it like they used to," said Mike Puetz, a spokesperson with the St. Pete Police Department.

Read more: http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/local_news/ammunition-shortage-affects-local-law-enforcement-agencies#ixzz2I3IanKav

It is amazing to me how much current events have had an effect on peoples purchase decisions. As much as I hate the term "gun nuts", this kind of backs it up. Do they really think that their precious ammunition is going to disappear. It is almost a self fulfilling prophecy. They buy all of the ammo up, and then there is none left on the shelves, creating an even bigger panic in their minds.

Would be great if all of that discretionary income could be funneled in a different direction.

2 replies, 526 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Ammunition shortage affects local law enforcement agencies (Original post)
NCTraveler Jan 2013 OP
sinkingfeeling Jan 2013 #1
NCTraveler Jan 2013 #2

Response to NCTraveler (Original post)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 10:02 AM

1. Then an Executive Order banning the sale of ammo to civilians is

in the interest of 'National Security'.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to sinkingfeeling (Reply #1)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 10:08 AM

2. Pretty sure that many of the people around MacDill and north central Tampa consider...

the TPD to be the security risk.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread