HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Bush 41 released from hos...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Jan 14, 2013, 01:52 PM

Bush 41 released from hospital

Former president George H.W. Bush has been released from The Methodist Hospital in Houston after being treated for bronchitis, a bacterial infection and a cough, according to a statement released by Jim McGrath, a spokesman for Bush.

"Mr. Bush has improved to the point that he will not need any special medication when he goes home, but he will continue physical therapy," Amy Mynderse, an internal medicine physician, is quoted as saying in the statement.

Bush is quoted in the statement as saying he is "deeply grateful" for the care he received at Methodist. "Let me add just how touched we were by the many get-well messages we received from our friends and fellow Americans. Your prayers and good wishes helped more than you know, and as I head home my only concern is that I will not be able to thank each of you for your kind words."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/01/14/bush-houston-hospital/1832755/

2 replies, 365 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Bush 41 released from hospital (Original post)
YoungDemCA Jan 2013 OP
malaise Jan 2013 #1
BeyondGeography Jan 2013 #2

Response to YoungDemCA (Original post)

Mon Jan 14, 2013, 01:53 PM

1. Good - now he can watch Barck Obama achieve what he never did -

A second term.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to YoungDemCA (Original post)

Mon Jan 14, 2013, 01:54 PM

2. Well, that's gracious

I suggest we follow his lead on that front, for at least one thread.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread