HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » My holiday ended! Now I h...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Jan 14, 2013, 01:36 PM

My holiday ended! Now I have to work two extra weeks!

You trolls are incredible! If you REALLY receive "paychecks" from anyone but Limbaugh and Hannity, does your pay stub reflect Holiday pay when you use your Holiday hours? So, like, after your Holiday, your Holiday hours are gone, right? Do you get it?

FUCK OFF, RUSH! Your trolls are stupider than you are! They actually seem to believe you!

2 replies, 551 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply My holiday ended! Now I have to work two extra weeks! (Original post)
Atman Jan 2013 OP
Puzzledtraveller Jan 2013 #1
Atman Jan 2013 #2

Response to Atman (Original post)

Mon Jan 14, 2013, 01:43 PM

1. Not defending anyone but what makes you think they get holiday pay

or paid time off?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Puzzledtraveller (Reply #1)

Mon Jan 14, 2013, 01:55 PM

2. My pay stub has a column for "Holiday Pay."

I get three weeks. It is indicated in hours on my pay stub so I can keep track. If I take a few days off, the hours in that column are deducted. If I use the full three weeks, that column will indicate 0 Hours. But I then don't go crying that I "lost" three weeks worth of benefits just because they're not on my pay stub anymore.

The Tax Holiday had a specific expiration date. Maybe it should have been listed on pay stubs. But the point is, using up a benefit provided to you does not mean you never got the benefit in the first place, and now you're being charged more. I could easily take off another week. Or two. I just won't get paid for them. It doesn't mean my employer lowered my salary or took more money from me.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread