HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » My Gunt Rant in Response ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 08:35 PM

My Gunt Rant in Response to a Former FB 'Friend'

A former FB friend (yes, I just unfriended him) posted a rambling diatribe about right to own multiple firearms, touting his military service and injuries, etc. His post was accompanied by photos of his guns, including one of what I assume is his young (10-12) daughter holding up a rifle with a multi-round clip in it, grinning from ear to ear. I posted the following:

"Attention gun owners - YOU ARE NOT UNDER ATTACK. Your need to post photos of you with your guns, your children with your guns, or your grandchildren posing with your numerous pieces of weaponry is a little self-aggrandizing and somewhat disturbing. The 2nd Amendment (as ratified by the States) says, "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." The Supreme Court in its decisions in 2008 and 2010 stated 'the Second Amendment protects an individual's right to possess a firearm, unconnected to service in a militia and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home.' Hear that? TRADITONALLY LAWFUL PURPOSES. If you want to collect firearms 'just because' and never use them against someone other than in self defense, then you are no more a threat to me than Grandma down the street who collects cow creamers or pink doilies. However, and here's a big HOWEVER ... because your firearm collection in the hands of a nutcase could be used against me at some point in the future, it is your freaking responsibility to keep your 'collection' out of the hands of said nutcases. So if you want to play with YOUR collection on YOUR property and can guarantee that YOUR collection doesn't affect me in ANY way, then go for it. I will assume that your firearms will have locks on the triggers and all rifles will be in locked gun cases or gun safes, unless of course you are operating them or posing for the aforesaid photos with the grandbabies. BUT, if you get your jollies from collecting assault rifles with large magazines which serve no purpose other than to make you feel 'important' or to compensate for some inadequacy on your part, then this does not apply to you. You don't need a gazillion-shot clip to make you a special snowflake, nor do you need it to provide food for your family. You are a danger to this country and its citizens, and all your blustering about 2nd Amendment rights or serving in the military doesn't make you right."

I am losing FB 'friends' faster than Mitt Romney post-election.

71 replies, 5774 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 71 replies Author Time Post
Reply My Gunt Rant in Response to a Former FB 'Friend' (Original post)
rustysgurl Jan 2013 OP
Ptah Jan 2013 #1
samsingh Jan 2013 #2
OneGrassRoot Jan 2013 #3
kag Jan 2013 #45
BlueWaffle111663 Jan 2013 #4
Squinch Jan 2013 #31
kag Jan 2013 #44
DanielW Jan 2013 #5
kestrel91316 Jan 2013 #7
billh58 Jan 2013 #11
OneGrassRoot Jan 2013 #29
billh58 Jan 2013 #38
OneGrassRoot Jan 2013 #39
billh58 Jan 2013 #43
OneGrassRoot Jan 2013 #53
DanielW Jan 2013 #13
rustysgurl Jan 2013 #24
jmg257 Jan 2013 #59
BlueWaffle111663 Jan 2013 #25
Squinch Jan 2013 #35
Honest_Abe Jan 2013 #50
jmg257 Jan 2013 #58
Scuba Jan 2013 #8
DanielW Jan 2013 #16
humbled_opinion Jan 2013 #46
proud2BlibKansan Jan 2013 #30
Scuba Jan 2013 #66
rustysgurl Jan 2013 #9
Bigmack Jan 2013 #12
lancer78 Jan 2013 #14
blackspade Jan 2013 #36
Squinch Jan 2013 #40
rhett o rick Jan 2013 #42
DanielW Jan 2013 #19
Nanjing to Seoul Jan 2013 #49
derby378 Jan 2013 #23
rustysgurl Jan 2013 #33
dkf Jan 2013 #41
The Wizard Jan 2013 #51
Squinch Jan 2013 #70
humbled_opinion Jan 2013 #48
derby378 Jan 2013 #67
Tsiyu Jan 2013 #64
Rockyj Jan 2013 #68
rustysgurl Jan 2013 #6
BlueWaffle111663 Jan 2013 #10
billh58 Jan 2013 #15
rustysgurl Jan 2013 #17
BlueWaffle111663 Jan 2013 #22
rustysgurl Jan 2013 #26
proud2BlibKansan Jan 2013 #32
Squinch Jan 2013 #37
Tikki Jan 2013 #21
Aristus Jan 2013 #18
BlueWaffle111663 Jan 2013 #20
rustysgurl Jan 2013 #27
billh58 Jan 2013 #34
OneTenthofOnePercent Jan 2013 #28
virgogal Jan 2013 #55
No Vested Interest Jan 2013 #56
mountain grammy Jan 2013 #61
otohara Jan 2013 #47
scmoore120 Jan 2013 #52
okaawhatever Jan 2013 #62
humbled_opinion Jan 2013 #54
kimbutgar Jan 2013 #57
Mr.Bill Jan 2013 #60
aikoaiko Jan 2013 #63
rustysgurl Jan 2013 #65
lumberjack_jeff Jan 2013 #69
NYC_SKP May 2013 #71

Response to rustysgurl (Original post)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 08:38 PM

1. a rambling diatribe?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 08:39 PM

2. kick

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 08:41 PM

3. LOL...I enjoyed that. :)

I, too, have been disgusted with the gratuitous posing with weapons as though they're toys, or even some new form of fashion accessory.

I especially enjoyed "I am losing FB 'friends' faster than Mitt Romney post-election."

Reply to this post

Response to OneGrassRoot (Reply #3)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 10:03 PM

45. Me too! Me too!

Just this very evening I've been having a FB argument with a "friend" who will probably become a "former friend" soon. But I'm also getting some seriously fun, supportive comments from some of my REAL FB friends.

Excellent post!

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 08:44 PM

4. lol gunt

If you had a CCW you would not fear his collection!!!

Reply to this post

Response to BlueWaffle111663 (Reply #4)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 09:27 PM

31. Oh, please.

Reply to this post

Response to BlueWaffle111663 (Reply #4)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 09:59 PM

44. troll

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 08:46 PM

5. wow

"BUT, if you get your jollies from collecting assault rifles with large magazines which serve no purpose other than to make you feel 'important' or to compensate for some inadequacy on your part, then this does not apply to you. You don't need a gazillion-shot clip to make you a special snowflake, nor do you need it to provide food for your family. You are a danger to this country and its citizens, and all your blustering about 2nd Amendment rights or serving in the military doesn't make you right."

one question for you, why do you care what the reason is for why somebody would want to own an assault rifle with a large magazine if they are not using it to harm anyone or anyone's property??? maybe they just like having the gun and shooting it at the range once in a while, why do they have to explain themselves to you, or to anyone, if they haven't done anything wrong?

actually, one more question, how is this person a danger to the country and its citizens?

Reply to this post

Response to DanielW (Reply #5)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 08:55 PM

7. Because there's a HUGE chance that he's going to

fail to keep control of every last one of his weapons at some point. And someone is going to die needlessly.

That's why.

Gun obsessives are so busy obsessing they forget to be RESPONSIBLE citizens.

Reply to this post

Response to kestrel91316 (Reply #7)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 09:05 PM

11. Those NRA-sponsored web sites

are sending them over in droves aren't they? Pity is, none of them have anything new to say and just keep repeating NRA/Gungeon talking points. The right-wing thinks that they "win" arguments by talking louder and more often that their opponents.

That's why they lose elections, and are on the verge of losing even more. They will also lose this "gunz are gud because I sed so" legislative battle as well. Public opinion has turned, and they are skeered...

Reply to this post

Response to billh58 (Reply #11)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 09:25 PM

29. ...

I'm too tired to worry about making this post DU3 compliant, but do you know what's up with the many pro-gun newbies obviously joining to post NRA talking points?

I realize there are already many DUers who are against gun control, but why are so many joining since Newtown? Do they really think they're going to change anyone's mind here on DU?

It's like one of us going to FR to post pro-choice arguments.

Waste of time, it seems.

Reply to this post

Response to OneGrassRoot (Reply #29)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 09:36 PM

38. I highly suspect

that the hard core DU Gungeoneers have called for backup from their right-wing friends on other gun nut sites. Some of the new gun trolls are obviously zombies from the Gungeon as well.

Your point about the futility of their efforts is well taken, but logic is not one of their strong suits, is it?

Reply to this post

Response to billh58 (Reply #38)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 09:38 PM

39. Good point.

Interesting about the recruitment efforts. Didn't think of that possibility.

Reply to this post

Response to billh58 (Reply #43)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 10:16 PM

53. wow, thanks for that, billh58. n/t

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 09:10 PM

13. but is there?

is there really a huge chance that the gun will lose control his weapons and one gets stolen?

if this was a factual statement, then wouldn't over 160million guns currently be stolen or lost control of, and 160million people be dead needlessly due to this???

Reply to this post

Response to DanielW (Reply #13)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 09:18 PM

24. Sigh ... So Simple Minded

Yes, Daniel ... every gun must be stolen and used against someone for change to occur. Are you even aware of how many stolen guns are recovered by law enforcement agencies on a daily basis? How many gun buy-back programs operate and what numbers they achieve? Do you even know what the hell you are talking about? Probably not, so not point in going on further.

Time to go back to the NRA playpen ... it's feeding time.

Reply to this post

Response to DanielW (Reply #13)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 11:17 PM

59. Oh I dont know...where do YOU think all those "outlaws with guns"

Get theirs?

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 09:18 PM

25. control

fail to control your car can cause someone to die! Do we nee to ban the v8 and v6?

Reply to this post

Response to BlueWaffle111663 (Reply #25)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 09:30 PM

35. Shall we list the rest of your lame arguments? My favorite is "spoons cause more deaths than guns."

Because that one is almost as stupid as the one about cars being equivalent to guns.

Don't you have anything better to do?

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 10:10 PM

50. No, but we do have reasonable regulations on them.

NT

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 11:14 PM

58. No we just need to highly regulate them, make them subject to safety

Standards, license the users and register the owner, require insurance, issue tickets for non-compliance of mv laws, have drivers prove competence, etc etc.

Hmm...sounds like a great way to handle guns and gun owners...thanks!

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 08:56 PM

8. Why should you care if I have a nuclear weapon in my garage, so long as I don't use it?

Reply to this post

Response to Scuba (Reply #8)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 09:12 PM

16. good point

as long as you're not blowing up someone or damaging or polluting someone's property then fine.

government has many thousands of these and only 2 have been used, and governments have killed many many more people than civilians have...

Reply to this post

Response to DanielW (Reply #16)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 10:03 PM

46. So than do you deny

that if guns were banned, especially the Bushmaster .223, that in fact the ban and the fact that the gun itself would not exist than many of the children killed at Newton CT would instead have spent Chirstmas with their family?

Reply to this post

Response to Scuba (Reply #8)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 09:26 PM

30. Because the brat next door who is left home alone far too often knows about it

and spends his every waking hour figuring out how he can break into your garage.

That's why.

Reply to this post

Response to proud2BlibKansan (Reply #30)

Mon Jan 14, 2013, 05:55 AM

66. Bingo.

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 08:58 PM

9. Common Good Over Personal Rights

Daniel - At some point the common good and general security of a nation's people trump an individual's personal rights. Let's say I'd like to collect virulent viruses and germs just because I'm a science geek and they interest me. I like to take the petri dishes out of their storage container and just look at them under a microscope once in while. Why should I have to explain myself to anyone? Well, it's because said virus/germ in the wrong hands could pose a serious public health/safety concern. As far as I'm concerned a semi-automatic rifle with a 30-shot magazine of hollow points isn't much different. Nice to own - nice to look at - not necessary for personal safety or self defense or food procurement. The days of I want it just because I want it and it's none of your damn business if I want it are OVER. There are nuts running around out there who are just itching to make a 'statement'. Would you want to be the gun owner whose house was broken into and whose guns were stolen and used to take out another school, or a daycare, or a mall, or whatever?

Reply to this post

Response to rustysgurl (Reply #9)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 09:10 PM

12. You have hit the nail on the head...

Not just about guns, either.

"Those people"... Repubs, Teabaggers, Neocons, etc. have absolutely NO sense of what you called "common good" or what I call "community".

Selfish, greedy... me...me... me...

If I want it, I should be able to have it.

Consequences - known or unknown - be damned.

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 09:11 PM

14. According to your logic

Abortion should be illegal.

Reply to this post

Response to lancer78 (Reply #14)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 09:31 PM

36. Fail.

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 09:41 PM

40. You don't seem to have been able to understand the post. Let me explain it to you.

It had to do with one person's wants not being able to create an unsafe situation for the population as a whole.

It didn't have anything to do with forcing someone to carry and give birth to a child.

Try reading it again.

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 09:48 PM

42. You should look up the word "logic". nm

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 09:13 PM

19. well,

many people do have private or semi-private businesses that work with dangerous virus's.

if your property isn't effecting my property than what is the harm done??

if your virus's damage me or my property then you should be held accountable.

Reply to this post

Response to DanielW (Reply #19)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 10:09 PM

49. pathogens are tracked and regulated. guns have lax laws due to nra and other gun wing nuts

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 09:17 PM

23. Viruses are not "arms"

There have been a lot of people on DU trying to frame the discussion on military weapons as one of "want" or "need" or even "obsession," and most of them cringe at calling it a "right." That, however, is the angle from which I enter the debate. Either we have the right to keep and bear arms, or we don't.

I'm one of those people who has a semi-automatic rifle with 30-round magazines. I will not go into detail as to the means of storage, but I assure you that it's very safe. It is an excellent self-defense weapon considering my personal activities and needs - granted, there are many case where I do not need access to it, but when I do, it's available.

True, the Constitution was written before the discovery of microbes and the invention of the Kalashnikov, but many of the Founding Fathers (including Ben Franklin) were also men of science or at least aspired to be. Without trying to get all originalist (which poses its own set of problems), I think they would be more leery of a collection of Petri dishes labelled "Ebola" and "H1N1" than they would of a rifle that is, unlike those viruses, an inanimate object that just sits there until utilized.

Reply to this post

Response to derby378 (Reply #23)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 09:29 PM

33. With All Due Respect to Your 'Personal Activities'

I am happy (at least I think I am) that you store your gun safely. Do you really need 30 shots to defend yourself? If so, then you need marksmanship classes - but I digress. I would not presume to know what our Founding Fathers would think of viruses or automatic weapons. All I know is how I feel about what's going on now, in January 2013. We have too many such weapons available far too easily to people who have no business having them. As I said in a previous post, at some point the common good outweighs personal rights - we need to be protected from ourselves on some level. Years ago when my 4-year-old son wanted to play with the hot pot on the stove, despite his insistence that he 'wanted' to I prevented him from burning the hell out of himself. He flew into a rage, flung himself on the floor, and pitched one hell of a hissy fit. It was his right to do so. It was also my right to remove said boiling pot from the his reach and then adjust his 'reset' button. Too bad we can't do that to some adults I know.

Reply to this post

Response to rustysgurl (Reply #33)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 09:44 PM

41. Maybe you should outlaw stoves?

Then little boys can't hurt themselves right?

The fact is that the common good probably does justify complete confiscation of a whole lot of things. Maybe even outlawing divorce. Outlawing skiing or football or boxing. Outlawing sugar, alcohol, tobacco... Really the list is potentially endless.

Reply to this post

Response to dkf (Reply #41)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 10:12 PM

51. But the question remains

Should Ice-9 be a controlled substance?

Reply to this post

Response to dkf (Reply #41)

Mon Jan 14, 2013, 05:52 PM

70. dkf, you are slipping. You are supposed to say that we should outlaw spoons. Because that's such a

compelling argument. Then you're supposed to say that cars kill more people than guns. Which isn't true, but it never stops you folks. Then you are supposed to say that there is nothing we can do about gun control, so we shouldn't try. Then you're supposed to say that it's all the fault of the mental health system.

Have I gotten all the bullet points (haha) from the memo?

Because they're all ridiculous. And you know it and I know it, and everyone else does too.

Reply to this post

Response to derby378 (Reply #23)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 10:08 PM

48. Is maybe the only reason you need 30 round clips

to defend yourself the fact that others may possess similar advantage if that is true than wouldn't banning and ceasing to make available such high capacity weapons solve the problem?

Reply to this post

Response to humbled_opinion (Reply #48)

Mon Jan 14, 2013, 12:24 PM

67. Lewis and Clark explored the wilderness with a rifle equipped with a 20-round magazine

It wasn't paranoia - it was preparedness.

Living in the city, I have access to very competent city and county law-enforcement agencies that I trust to keep the peace, and our murder rates have been declining over the past few years despite what some would call lax gun regulations. But when I venture out into the middle of nowhere as I am sometimes inclined to do, with the nearest thing resembling a town being half an hour's drive away, some measure of preparedness is in order. You might consider a 30-round magazine "overkill," and for all I know, you could be right. But very few military experts that I know of, if asked, have ever felt that a shotgun would be adequate preparation if they found themselves isolated from civilization and facing uncertain odds. I have to trust that they know of which they speak.

But granted, I see where you're coming from. It's all good.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 14, 2013, 12:47 AM

64. Your last question

Why not ask Nancy Lanza?

Oh, wait. YOU CAN'T because her OWN GUN WAS USED BY HER OWN SON TO KILL HER. AND 26 OTHERS.

Guess she didn"t do anything wrong either, did she? Until she did.

And we have to trust that millions of delusional gun-humpers will be more responsible?

That's asking for a LOT of trust that gun-humpers DON'T deserve.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 14, 2013, 12:41 PM

68. Nuts & Criminals could use social media

to locate gun owners like the dickhead who posts a picture of his personal arsonal with his kid(s)!

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 08:50 PM

6. LOL ... TRUE

But according to what I've been seeing on Craigslist, I don't even need a CCW. I was perusing 'barter' ads in my locale and came across numerous (and I'm talking more than 10) posts in the last week asking to trade, trucks, cars, trailers, musical instruments, etc. for something that goes 'bang-bang'. They can't say 'gun' on CL, so that's the verbage they use. Totally outside the gun sale/procurement laws - why aren't legitimate gun owners just as afraid of this as I am? Seriously? I can trade a set of whitewalls for something that goes 'bang'???

Reply to this post

Response to rustysgurl (Reply #6)

Response to BlueWaffle111663 (Reply #10)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 09:11 PM

15. Well aren't you so

special? God bless your little NRA heart for coming all the way over here from "Gunz R' Us" to educate we poor, stupid, Democrats.

Exactly where in the 2nd Amendment does it say that you "can buy a weapon with a high capacity magazine" as a "right?" Here's a hint -- it doesn't, and when the legislation is passed to regulate that "right" let's talk again.

Y'all come back. Heah?...

Reply to this post

17. I know what a CCW is ... but Whatever

I doubt very seriously if the traders on CL are abiding by their state's private transfer laws if they are advertising for something that goes 'bang-bang'. How you spend your money is your (and your wife's) concern. How it affects me if some nutcase steals your damned gun and high capacity magazine is MY concern.

And for the record - I am NOT anti-2nd amendment. But then again, if you could actually read and read what I wrote above in my first post, then you would know that. But you would rather be spoon-fed talking points by the NRA. And if you're a former LEO, all I can say is I'm glad you are a 'former' LEO in your parish (Louisiana I am assuming). I stand a much higher chance of needing to be saved from someone who stole your gun than being protected by said gun.

Reply to this post

Response to rustysgurl (Reply #17)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 09:15 PM

22. guns

had them for 29 years and never lost one yet!

Reply to this post

Response to BlueWaffle111663 (Reply #22)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 09:19 PM

26. Congratulations

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 09:28 PM

32. Well aren't you special?

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 09:32 PM

37. Just like Adam Lanza's mom the day before the massacre!

Reply to this post

21. Learn CPR...

best chance you'll have to be a hero.

Tikki

Reply to this post

18. Well done, rustysgurl.

Well done.

Probably didn't make a dent in his thick head, but well done anyway.

Reply to this post

Response to BlueWaffle111663 (Reply #20)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 09:22 PM

27. Do Your Research A Little More Carefully Dear

270 children have been killed by gunfire in Chicago since 2007 - NOT 446 in 2012 alone. Sheesh ... if you're going to use NRA talking points at least memorize them correctly.

Reply to this post

Response to BlueWaffle111663 (Reply #20)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 09:29 PM

34. BlueWaffle111663 took his pizza

to go.

Remarks in profile: "Gun troll"

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 09:25 PM

28. IMO, if someone's willing to 'unfriend' you over a political argument/stance/opinion

then they were probably a shitty friend.

I've known plenty of nice people who were fun to hang around with and were great friends despite having very different political opinions. Hell, my other 3 roommates' and my apartment consisted of a centrist libertarian, a DLC Democrat, a far left wing Liberal/activist, and a far right wing teabagger-type. We are all still good friends and whenever political conversations come up - we just laugh and bust each other's balls over it.

Reply to this post

Response to OneTenthofOnePercent (Reply #28)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 10:31 PM

55. What a refreshing,mature attitude. Thanks for sharing.

Reply to this post

Response to OneTenthofOnePercent (Reply #28)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 10:48 PM

56. No Need to unfriend

Just "hide" the offending statement/photo/etc.
I have family who post views entirely opposite of mine, but they are family and I want to stay in touch.
So I just "hide" certain posts so I don't have to see them.

Reply to this post

Response to No Vested Interest (Reply #56)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 11:22 PM

61. I do the same and usually only comment on family matters

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 10:05 PM

47. Well Done

The posing with guns thing is weird...creepy

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 10:16 PM

52. I am also a Former LEO

and my views have changed about guns in the last six months. I can not think of any valid reason why some one who is not in the military or active Law Enforcement would need an assault weapon or large capacity magazine. If you do not train with these weapons, and develop the necessary skills on a regular basis, they will not save the ordinary civilian from a shooter. Studies have shown that it actually makes you more of a target.

Don't get me wrong, I think they would be really cool to hold and to shoot, especially the way they are depicted on Television, but really beyond that....

I can't think of the New Town Shootings without picturing my children and can only imagine the pain that the families of those victims are enduring.

I can attest to Rusty Girl's claim that many firearms are stolen, in fact they are sought after by drug addicts that would rob a home so that they can be traded for more drugs.

I am not anti gun either, but if you need more than 10 rounds and multiple clips then you have bigger problems.

Reply to this post

Response to scmoore120 (Reply #52)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 11:25 PM

62. I have a big problem with the criminals being more heavily armed than the people (LEO's) who are

supposed to stop them. If people think about it...just how absurd is it that drug addicts steal guns because they are easier to sell without being traced than say, credit cards, car parts, internet software.....does that not tell us something right there?

Weapons: the bearer bonds of the 21st Century....nice (sarcasm thingy)

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 10:20 PM

54. The responses by the gun nuts on here

just prove to me exactly why the President will probably have to take unitary action to ban high capacity weapons, we should be able to discuss this issue without the extremists on the right trumping everything with the 2nd Amendment. Even rightwing Jusitice Scalia on a second amendment ruling stated ""the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited."

The Congress is inept and unable to govern when one house is so irrationally ideological, so therefore I support any actions that the President must take to protect the American people.

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 10:56 PM

57. I got attacked viciously on DU about an incident I had with a man buying

Ammo. He actually said to me that sandy hook was no big deal and the media was blowing it up for sensation. I deleted the post but now I realize the gun trolls were prowling on DU.

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 11:20 PM

60. Anyone who thinks there is the slightest probability

of being in a gunfight where they will actually fire 30 rounds, much less being on the winning side of said gunfight, is living in a fantasy. They should be far more worried about being struck by lightning.

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 11:52 PM

63. Do you know that 'gunt' is slang for something.

Urban dictionary in case you're interested.

Reply to this post

Response to aikoaiko (Reply #63)

Mon Jan 14, 2013, 02:06 AM

65. Meant to Type 'GUN'

If you can't look past my typo then go teach an English class ... but thanks for pointing that out.

Reply to this post

Response to rustysgurl (Reply #65)

Mon Jan 14, 2013, 04:08 PM

69. Individual posters might look past the typo, but google does not.

I would suggest editing your title to something that doesn't figure so prominently in the Urban Dictionary.

Reply to this post

Response to rustysgurl (Reply #65)

Fri May 24, 2013, 12:10 AM

71. Well you could sure as hell fucking edit the thing, right?

Why defend it, just edit.

It's easy.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread