HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Police officers storm int...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 12:49 PM

Police officers storm into Les Miserables screening, shoot pistol-waving moron multiple times

Police officers storm into Les Miserables screening and shoot suspect multiple times in front of horrified audience

Officers say Tom Billodeaux, 20, of Escondido, California, pulled a handgun on them after they discovered sitting with 15 other people in the dark theater at Reading Cinemas Carmel Mountain. San Diego police armed with assault rifles stormed the cinema and went theater-to-theater looking for Billodeaux after he allegedly threatened his girlfriend and a bystander with a pistol and then fled into the megaplex.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2261570/Reading-Cinemas-shooting-Tom-Billodeaux-wounded-police-screening-Les-Miserables.html

17 replies, 1539 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 17 replies Author Time Post
Reply Police officers storm into Les Miserables screening, shoot pistol-waving moron multiple times (Original post)
elehhhhna Jan 2013 OP
Robb Jan 2013 #1
patrice Jan 2013 #2
99Forever Jan 2013 #5
patrice Jan 2013 #6
hack89 Jan 2013 #8
patrice Jan 2013 #9
hack89 Jan 2013 #10
patrice Jan 2013 #13
hack89 Jan 2013 #14
patrice Jan 2013 #15
hack89 Jan 2013 #16
ProudToBeBlueInRhody Jan 2013 #11
hlthe2b Jan 2013 #3
NYC_SKP Jan 2013 #4
patrice Jan 2013 #7
nadinbrzezinski Jan 2013 #12
FarCenter Jan 2013 #17

Response to elehhhhna (Original post)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 12:59 PM

2. Concealed Carry is an infringement of my right to choose whether I want to take this kind of

risk or not.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to patrice (Reply #2)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 01:03 PM

5. Our rights aren't nearly as important...

... as *The Precious*!

Reply to this post

Response to 99Forever (Reply #5)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 01:08 PM

6. Yes! And that ring fits gun-owners perfectly, making them hidden to all but their puppet Master

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 01:13 PM

8. It is unlikely this was legal concealed carry

California is a may-issue state - it is harder then hell to get a CCW there.

Reply to this post

Response to hack89 (Reply #8)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 01:26 PM

9. My point is that I cannot see how CCW can avoid mixing the bad guys with the "good" guys. nt

Reply to this post

Response to patrice (Reply #9)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 01:28 PM

10. Illegal concealed carry will always happen

criminals don't obey laws. There will always be "bad" guys with guns all around you.

Reply to this post

Response to hack89 (Reply #10)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 01:40 PM

13. What a world and hardly anyone will admit that the gun itself is causing this, because

almost everyone considers that "miniscule" amount of ______________ to be insignificant, fuck ALL of the multipliers.

Reply to this post

Response to patrice (Reply #13)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 01:47 PM

14. No - criminals are causing it

the issue is people's behavior. Guns are not magic talismans that turn decent people into murdering felons.

I know in your mind every gun owner is merely a pre-criminal. But simple minded thinking like that will not fix complex societal ills.

Reply to this post

Response to hack89 (Reply #14)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 02:16 PM

15. You don't know what's in my mind at all. & You obviously don't care enough to even ask yourself

whether you do or not.

I have said in numerous places that the guns are symptoms of root causes and problems will morph from one thing (guns) into another until we address the root causes, which are mostly about troubles that families have being families.

If you cared to understand, perhaps you would have developed a hypothesis, about "my mind", that could have gone something like this, "Maybe, because guns are the ultimate form of violence and people are powerless to effect the authentic root causes of our troubles, e.g. powerless to fix other people's families, they are focusing on trying to reduce the danger, so they can buy some time at least, while our culture as a whole gropes its way, by trial and ERROR mostly, toward somekind of amelioration of whatever is causing all of the fear and, valid or not, perceived need for more and more and more and bigger and bigger and bigger guns."

Don't bother replying to me; you will receive the exact measure of respect that you have given: NONE.

Reply to this post

Response to patrice (Reply #15)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 02:34 PM

16. I am sorry - I was wrong to assume so much about you.

Please accept my apology.

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 01:32 PM

11. The police were chasing this guy because he wasn't concealing anything

He was waving the gun around and threatening, and then chose to conceal himself in a theater.

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 12:59 PM

3. I saw Les Miz in a crowded theater north of Denver upon its open Christmas Day...

I have been too busy to go to movies the past several years, but had naively thought it might be less crowded (matinee)...

I have to admit being very uncomfortable when theater staff came in to tell us to move towards the centers as it was sold out, leaving us crammed together like sardines. I'm sure I'm not the only one who considered that we'd not be able to get out, or even find enough floor room if something had happened.

Sort of ruined the experience, frankly.

Glad no bystander was hurt in this latest incident...

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 01:01 PM

4. This is why I avoid theaters...

If it's not people talking over the movie or cell phones sounding, it's nuts with guns.

~~~

Reply to this post

Response to NYC_SKP (Reply #4)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 01:12 PM

7. I've never been afraid to go out, until now. The thought of a darkened theater strikes FEAR deep

into my heart. I'm afraid to go out to night clubs and restaurants.

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 01:33 PM

12. Two things that need correction

1.- The theater was evacuated theater by theater...suspect was wanted for rape and domestic dispute.

2.- The assault rifles were shotguns.

3.- it was a service side arm.

My literal back yard

Oh, final point...this was the second shooting at a theater in 24 hours in San Diego County. A theater employee f the AMC theater in Carlsbad went to the hospital the night before.

Here, local coverage

http://www.10news.com/news/police-say-they-shot-a-domestic-violence-suspect-inside-a-carmel-mountain-ranch-movie-theater01132013

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 03:24 PM

17. Why go to a theater? If the nuts don't get you the bedbugs and lice will...

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread