HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Talking Heads With Talkin...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 11:41 AM

Talking Heads With Talking Hands......

Watching Chris Matthews program today I was getting annoyed by his guests that where responding to his questions with all sorts of hand motions to make their points as they spoke.

Now don't get me wrong - some hand motion is ok - but I just couldn't get over the fact that some of them had to have a hand motion to just about every word they spoke. I noticed this at the beginning of the show - and as the show went on - it just became more noticeable to me and more annoying. They looked like a symphony orchestra conductor.

Is this something that they are coached with doing? Are they told that they have to swing their arms and make gestures with their hands and fingers in order to make their point? One of the guest even started to incorporate head movements in sync with the hands.

Am I just being to critical this a.m. because I'm cranky or has anyone else out there noticed this and is equally annoyed?

1 replies, 346 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Talking Heads With Talking Hands...... (Original post)
global1 Jan 2013 OP
shraby Jan 2013 #1

Response to global1 (Original post)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 02:27 PM

1. I've noticed it too..I think all talking heads have been told to do that to have some

animation on the screen.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread