HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Why does MSN use Fox Spor...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 06:05 AM

Why does MSN use Fox Sports

and not NBC Sports?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxsports.com

-snip-

In July 2004, FoxSports.com and Microsoft began execution of a multi-year agreement, which called for FoxSports.com to become the exclusive sports provider for Microsoft’s MSN.com portal, replacing ESPN.com. As a result of the agreement, the site is often referred to as FoxSports.com on MSN.

On December 17, 2009, FoxSports.com was briefly replaced on the MSN main page by NBCSports.com during a cosmetic upgrade.

3 replies, 1090 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Why does MSN use Fox Sports (Original post)
UnrepentantLiberal Jan 2013 OP
Buzz Clik Jan 2013 #1
UnrepentantLiberal Jan 2013 #2
Are_grits_groceries Jan 2013 #3

Response to UnrepentantLiberal (Original post)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 08:48 AM

1. Why not?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Buzz Clik (Reply #1)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 08:57 AM

2. I found my answer.

Microsoft, NBC finally split, MSNBC.com becomes NBCNews.com

Posted by Brier Dudley

It was a good marriage, one of the best among their circle.

But 16 years later, with the children grown and on their separate paths, Microsoft and NBC are ready to try new things and perhaps join with different partners.

On Friday, the companies formally dissolved their joint venture in Redmond-based MSNBC.com, ending a grand experiment in online news conceived early in the dot-com era.

Both companies are eager to refresh and broaden their online offerings amid broad shifts in where and how people consume online news. They insist it's an amicable parting.

More: http://seattletimes.com/html/technologybrierdudleysblog/2018699883_microsoft_nbc_finally_split_ms.html

Reply to this post

Response to UnrepentantLiberal (Original post)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 10:44 AM

3. I haven't found that Fox Sports

maintains a rabidly partisan political line in its broadcasts. If you don't want to support any part of the Fox empire, that's valid. I don't believe there is any reason caused by its broadcast content.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread