HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Jeezus FREAKING KeeRIGHST...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Jan 11, 2013, 11:28 PM

Jeezus FREAKING KeeRIGHST it's time to move the gunfight back into RKBA...

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by REP (a host of the General Discussion forum).

It might have been appropriate to discuss guns here in GD immediately after the Newtown horror, but that's not what's being discussed here now...

What we have now are insults and claims of guilt by association. To be honest, pro-RKBA posters are not much better, myself included.

We're not going to solve the argument here in GD, whose purpose is TO DISCUSS ISSUES NOT RELATED TO GUNS.

Fuck me runnin' it's right there in the statement of "Forum purpose" right above the subject line in EVERY poster's window... UNLESS THERE IS REALLY BIG NEWS it says.

I'm seeing a place I've donated money to since the first time I saw a fundraising drive as a member self-destruct.

It ain't pretty.

Come on Skinner and Earl... put a stop to this.

26 replies, 2217 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 26 replies Author Time Post
Reply Jeezus FREAKING KeeRIGHST it's time to move the gunfight back into RKBA... (Original post)
cherokeeprogressive Jan 2013 OP
baldguy Jan 2013 #1
cherokeeprogressive Jan 2013 #3
MightyMopar Jan 2013 #6
The Magistrate Jan 2013 #2
cherokeeprogressive Jan 2013 #5
The Magistrate Jan 2013 #12
cherokeeprogressive Jan 2013 #17
Loudly Jan 2013 #18
cherokeeprogressive Jan 2013 #20
judesedit Jan 2013 #21
Son of Gob Jan 2013 #25
freshwest Jan 2013 #13
judesedit Jan 2013 #22
Laurian Jan 2013 #4
cherokeeprogressive Jan 2013 #7
cyberswede Jan 2013 #8
Rowdyboy Jan 2013 #23
baldguy Jan 2013 #9
MightyMopar Jan 2013 #24
galileoreloaded Jan 2013 #15
apocalypsehow Jan 2013 #10
Cali_Democrat Jan 2013 #11
MightyMopar Jan 2013 #14
tavalon Jan 2013 #16
Chorophyll Jan 2013 #19
REP Jan 2013 #26

Response to cherokeeprogressive (Original post)

Fri Jan 11, 2013, 11:44 PM

1. Because having the RW NRA gun worshiper arguments exposed to the light of day lets everyone see

just how STUPID they are?

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to baldguy (Reply #1)

Fri Jan 11, 2013, 11:50 PM

3. Yep... that's a thread winner right there... Define "gun worshipper".

Response to baldguy (Reply #1)

Fri Jan 11, 2013, 11:59 PM

6. I agree let them keep outing themselves like the RAPEpublicans outed the GOP on womens issues

To me, it sounds like RBKAers are starting to cry uncle.

Thanks to Yeager, Alex Jones, the LaPierre, Gohmert, Arapaio, etc the RBKA extremist crowd are making defending the present situation untenable for hunters, 22 caliber target shooters, more regular people with a non militarized gun or two.

If executed properly, stronger gun regulation can be a great wedge issue pushing the Republicans further into irrelevance.

Fri Jan 11, 2013, 11:49 PM

2. I Am Likng The Casualty Rate Among 'Team NRA' Regulars, Sir, To Put It Bluntly

And am willing to put up with a bit of aggravation to see long term trolls coming to the surface and exposing themselves for what they have been all along, and being dealt with a manner that is long over-due.

"The day of Purification is at hand...."

Response to The Magistrate (Reply #2)

Fri Jan 11, 2013, 11:59 PM

5. Ya know Mag... "Team NRA" seems to be anyone who owns a gun and isn't ready to melt it down.

At least that's the feeling I'm getting recently. Every poster who has no argument seems to revert to accusations of posters using "NRA talking points".

So who would those "long term" trolls be? Anyone who owns a gun? Any gun owner who isn't ready to willingly give up their guns? Name names My Man. Stop beating around the bush. Seems your standing here should be sufficient that you could point fingers, and not suffer any consequences, don't you think?

Response to cherokeeprogressive (Reply #5)

Sat Jan 12, 2013, 12:14 AM

12. Do Not Try And Play the Ferret With Me, Sir: It Does Not Do You Any Credit

Nobody makes these people come up into G.D. to do Wayne LaPierre impressions until the proprietors cannot tolerate it any longer. They walk themselves up to the block and say 'Please, chop me, now!' As long as they continue to do so, they will continue to be expelled. Gun control is now a live political issue, fit accordingly for the G.D. charter, and President Obama's administration and his Party have a position concerning it they mean to fight on. You might as well argue Ryan has a point on budget matters, or Gingrey has a point on 'legitimate rape', as continue to argue the stock old 'gungeon' lines against regulation of fire-arms and the glories of strutting about strapped and ready. You could do that sort of thing forever in the old protected lurk; those days are gone now....

"The floggings will continue until morale improves."

Response to The Magistrate (Reply #12)

Sat Jan 12, 2013, 01:33 AM

17. Please don't call me Sir; it's so condescending that it's not even funny. I fucking hate that.

I'm Chris which means I'm no one special. The only reason you'd be so formal with me is that you consider yourself to be above me in some kind of antiquated social caste sort of format. Well, that ain't happening because I don't see YOU as anyone special. I only see you as someone who intimidates other DUers with simple formality, and they not only buy it full-price; if it were gravy they'd buy bread FROM YOU to sop it up with. Homey don't play dat, Bro.

I asked you to name some of the "long term trolls" you referred to. Surely you could get away with naming names... But? You used a whole page of text to avoid responding.

Come on, Your Honor... who will you flog?

I don't give a fuck about Ryan or Gingrey, I don't strut about "strapped and ready", and I DON'T lurk. You should know that about me by now.

I'm willing to undergo ANY background check and willing to register ANY of the weapons I have in my house, all but two of which were passed down to me by not only my Father, but my Grandfather and a couple of Uncles. I'll sign on to ANY ban on weapons that look scary. I'll back ANY law passed that requires me to keep my weapons safe, out of the reach of children, and accountable.

The days I'd like to see gone are the ones where someone makes an oblique reference to "they" as it applies to DUers because that's who we're talking about here, isn't it?

Come on... chicken. Who's a "long term troll"? Name names rather than making oblique references. Surely you're up to that task. I'll even throw my own name out there as the first on your list. Name the rest...

Response to cherokeeprogressive (Reply #17)

Sat Jan 12, 2013, 01:42 AM

18. Your post count speaks for itself.

If you can go that long without being banned for saying something totally inappropriate, you've certainly earned your stripes.

I don't want to take your guns.

But I do favor making it very very difficult for you to buy bullets!

Response to Loudly (Reply #18)

Sat Jan 12, 2013, 01:52 AM

20. I have all the bullets I want.

Thanks for playing.

Response to cherokeeprogressive (Reply #17)

Sat Jan 12, 2013, 02:03 AM

21. Are you willing to pay for insurance just in case of an accident?Driving requires liability nsurance

in case of an accident big or small. Most gun accidents are not small. Why are you so upset? That is why people think guns are dangerous in some peoples' hands. Emotions run deep and don't always invite stable reations to situations. As we all know and I'm sure have experienced.

Response to The Magistrate (Reply #2)

Sat Jan 12, 2013, 12:32 AM

13. And while the teahadists are threatening the POTUS over gun rights, it's relevant.

We may even get to address their dearest held beliefs and prejudices in order to get a change. Sweeping it under the rug just breeds more to come out after every shooting.

As long as this is kept in the dark, we won't have a rational gun policy. It doesn't have to be all or nothing as portrayed by extremists.

It's time to face what drives people to feel entitled to put Liberal Hunting Permit bumper stickers on their vehicles. Our passive acceptance of this regarding of other humans as prey, stifles our democracy and whitewashes terrorist intent.

Democrats and progressive don't push this at conservatives to shut them up. This is not political speech, and it is not a game:

Response to freshwest (Reply #13)

Sat Jan 12, 2013, 02:11 AM

22. That's the only way they are brave? With a big fat gun in hand? Pretty sad. Major background checks

and insurance should surely be required for the asshole who came up with this picture and anyone sporting one. I think they forget that many libs and dems own guns, too. Hopefully, they are just more stable or we could really have a problem on our hands. Thank God for the National Guard. Which, by the way, is what a well-regulated militia looks like. Too many illiterates being brainwashed by the likes of Lintball, Humditty, and O'Really. TV and radio should be regulated, too. Propanganda not allowed.

Fri Jan 11, 2013, 11:51 PM

4. This is currently one of the biggest issues being addressed by the

Administration. To restrict general discussion on this topic would seem to be counter to the purposes of this site. If you are bothered by it, use the ignore/trash function rather than deny the discussion of a pressing issue to others who deem it important.

Response to Laurian (Reply #4)

Sat Jan 12, 2013, 12:01 AM

7. Change the forum's statement of purpose then.

Response to cherokeeprogressive (Reply #7)

Sat Jan 12, 2013, 12:06 AM

8. Skinner's most recent comment on this...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1002&pid=2176674

Skinner (56,432 posts)

5. God forbid we let you all talk about something which a bunch of people want to talk about.

And which just happens to be a huge issue right now.

What is this, a discussion forum????

I'd be happy to see the gun topics out of GD, too, but the bosses see it differently.

Response to cyberswede (Reply #8)

Sat Jan 12, 2013, 02:19 AM

23. I'm also ready to see it over, but the website owners make the decisions-its way above my pay grade

And it is fun to see the long-time trolls falling daily. The topic seems to turn them into lemmings. Sadly, there seems to be an unending supply.

Sat Jan 12, 2013, 12:09 AM

9. The GD Statement of Purpose also includes "No whining about DU."

Sat Jan 12, 2013, 02:46 AM

24. You can feel the RBKA crowd is losing the battle for the hearts and minds of middle America

The cultural Zeitgeist is turning against them. I think you'll hear a lot more retrenchment from the RBKAer's in coming days on DU and across the nation. It's turning from "we need military weapons to attack the government if we want" to "please what do I have to agree to to keep my shotgun".

Response to Laurian (Reply #4)

Sat Jan 12, 2013, 12:55 AM

15. ooh! your authoritarianism makes me tingle master! NT

==

Sat Jan 12, 2013, 12:13 AM

10. No, it's time for "pro gun progressives"* to take their disgusting pro-NRA sentiments and

talking points to another website, one more suited to their ideology. There is NOTHING even remotely "progressive" about the so-called "RKBA" movement. NOTHING.

Time to take that entire anti-progressive, pro-NRA show on the road and out of DU, "pro gun progressives"**: say hi to Jody and -.._..- when you get there!

*( )

**( )

Edit: typos.

Sat Jan 12, 2013, 12:13 AM

11. You know, a lot of pro-NRA conservatives have been outing themselves recently on DU

It's been quite a spectacle.

Perhaps we need more of this so that even more long term trolls can have their pizza delivery.

Response to Cali_Democrat (Reply #11)

Sat Jan 12, 2013, 12:52 AM

14. Mainstream gun owners don't want to follow lunatics like Yeager into conflict with the government

All these RBKA extremists wrapping themselves in their twisted interpretation of the Constitution all sounded good when it was theoretical, but the prospect of following Alex Jones, Yeager, Gohmert, etc into combat is separating the rational gun owners from the lunatics. We're going to starting to hear, "OK, what do I have to agree to keep my shotgun".

Sat Jan 12, 2013, 01:26 AM

16. Can't disagree with that

This is getting tiresome.

Sat Jan 12, 2013, 01:47 AM

19. Sorry. People are tired of being silenced on this issue. They want to talk about it.

Not just on DU, either, but everywhere. You can always hide threads you don't like.

Sat Jan 12, 2013, 03:03 AM

26. Locking

This topic violates the SoP of this Forum, but can posted in Meta.