HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » I saw a bit of Daniels on...

Tue Jan 24, 2012, 10:57 PM

I saw a bit of Daniels on Keith's show. I heard, "Blah blah blah light bulbs blah blah blah."

Did he actually SAY anything other than light bulbs?

14 replies, 1224 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 14 replies Author Time Post
Reply I saw a bit of Daniels on Keith's show. I heard, "Blah blah blah light bulbs blah blah blah." (Original post)
valerief Jan 2012 OP
craigmatic Jan 2012 #1
Justice wanted Jan 2012 #2
Drunken Irishman Jan 2012 #3
Proud Liberal Dem Jan 2012 #13
stufl Jan 2012 #4
yellowcanine Jan 2012 #7
guitar man Jan 2012 #5
EC Jan 2012 #6
valerief Jan 2012 #8
EC Jan 2012 #10
PA Democrat Jan 2012 #14
BiggJawn Jan 2012 #9
JDPriestly Jan 2012 #11
Motown_Johnny Jan 2012 #12

Response to valerief (Original post)

Tue Jan 24, 2012, 10:58 PM

1. I dunno dude his boring was so distracting.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Jan 24, 2012, 11:00 PM

2. No offense to two year olds but that's what he reminded me of.

l

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 24, 2012, 11:02 PM

3. Basically, "we're fucked...sorry...good night..."

He's the Ray Patterson of this election.

Reply to this post

Response to Drunken Irishman (Reply #3)

Wed Jan 25, 2012, 09:05 AM

13. You're right

He ain't much on speeches!

Thanks for the good laugh DI. Fits Daniels to a "T"!

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 24, 2012, 11:06 PM

4. Well, you have to understand...that's a big issue for them.

On a different discussion group made up of all political thought, I spoke of the fluorescent that's been on continuously in my workshop for a year and it has not failed. I mentioned that my electric bill had gone down since I switched to fluorescent bulbs. I was accused of being a political idealogue.

The bulb issue is a big one for the Republicans. They have a lot at stake there. Kinda' indicates where they're coming from.

Reply to this post

Response to stufl (Reply #4)

Tue Jan 24, 2012, 11:29 PM

7. Republicans are so out of touch on this issue it is not funny. People are switching to CFLs AND

LED. LEDs are expensive now but the price will come down. They are far superior to incandescents and compact fluoresecents. They are efficient, come in an infinite range of colors and shapes, and they give off very little heat, have no mercury, etc so they are way safer than both incandescents and fluorescents. In a few years the only people buying old fashioned incandescent bulbs will be clueless Republicans trying to score a political point. There is truly a revolution in lighting going on. Flat screen TVs, house and office lighting, street lights, auto lighting. In 10 years it will be ALL LED. This is one place where the supposedly market savvy Republicans have completely missed the boat.

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 24, 2012, 11:15 PM

5. Only these idiots

Could bitch about somebody inventing a better lightbulb

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 24, 2012, 11:26 PM

6. I must have missed the light bulbs part... n/t

Reply to this post

Response to EC (Reply #6)

Tue Jan 24, 2012, 11:34 PM

8. Here's what he said.

"Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah LIGHT BULBS blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah."

But I didn't listen to it all.

Reply to this post

Response to valerief (Reply #8)

Tue Jan 24, 2012, 11:41 PM

10. Thanks, all

I heard was the blah part...over and over and over again.

Reply to this post

Response to EC (Reply #6)

Wed Jan 25, 2012, 09:27 AM

14. He was foaming at the mouth about big government and regulation

In word and deed, the President and his allies tell us that we just cannot handle ourselves in this complex, perilous world without their benevolent protection. Left to ourselves, we might pick the wrong health insurance, the wrong mortgage, the wrong school for our kids; why, unless they stop us, we might pick the wrong light bulb!

Talk about clueless.

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 24, 2012, 11:40 PM

9. I'm so ashamed.

Imagine what it's been like having that cretin for governor...

"Be Afraid! The world is scary, because most people in it are not Authoritarians like we are! But don't fear! The ReTHUGlicans are on the way! We'll fix the safety net so that if you're younger than 55 right now, you're fucked, oh, and we won't tell you what kind of light bubs to buy! Drill, baby, Drill and gawd bless Indiana!"

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 25, 2012, 12:01 AM

11. Daniels looks like he's selling snake oil at bargain prices just for you.

Honestly, how could anyone have voted for him ever?

He just doesn't even look honest. I don't usually judge people by their appearance that quickly, but really????

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 25, 2012, 12:03 AM

12. W's budget director

what could you expect?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread