HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Keith Ratliff = modern da...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Jan 9, 2013, 11:06 PM

Keith Ratliff = modern day Dr. Frankenstein!

Keith Ratliff was murdered by the very monster he helped create, the proliferation of weapons of mass death!

Some have questioned my empathy for the man who was murdered by a gun shot, that very person (Keith Ratliff) was a big part of the reason we have more than 11,000 gun deaths every year in America. It's not that I don't have any empathy for a person murdered, rather I have much more empathy for all of the innocent people who were murdered in part because of the actions of Keith Ratliff.

8 replies, 1427 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to DrewFlorida (Original post)

Wed Jan 9, 2013, 11:14 PM

1. I think you broke the hyperbole barrier

Ratliff was a social media bubba who talked about guns and First Person Shooters, but that was about it. His influence was nowhere near "a big part of the reason we have more than 11,000 gun deaths every year"

Show us that he had any real influence...Perez Hilton has more impact that Ratliff did.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to ProgressiveProfessor (Reply #1)

Wed Jan 9, 2013, 11:47 PM

2. Keith Ratliff operated FPS Russia, a youtube channel, 3rd ranked most watched.

In his videos he promoted all sorts of assault weapons, he promoted the ownership and proliferation of them!

Reply to this post

Response to DrewFlorida (Reply #2)

Wed Jan 9, 2013, 11:59 PM

3. You have still not justified that it has any real influence

The gun nutters according to experts here are old bitter poorly educated white people. They watch and are influenced by You Tube? Social media which includes You Tube Channels has very limited impact in the real world if you are older than 35. Look at the demographics.

He shot stuff up, emulated video games and movies. I doubt he motivated much of anyone who had the money to go buy evil guns. The second video you posted was not even on his channel.

I think you are giving a young guy on You Tube way way too much credit.

Reply to this post

Response to ProgressiveProfessor (Reply #3)

Thu Jan 10, 2013, 01:57 AM

7. Quote from Keith Ratliff; "I went to the movies with my pistol in my pocket the whole time I was

praying that somebody would try to pull a Batman"

Does that sound like someone we should waste our empathy on?
He was praying he would have an opportunity to end someone else's life!
What more do you need to admit that Keith Ratliff died by the very sword he lived by?

Reply to this post

Response to DrewFlorida (Reply #7)

Thu Jan 10, 2013, 08:35 AM

8. Hyperbole and over reaching are stock and trade for "journalist" whether they are on CNN, Fox, CNBC

or You Tube.

You originally claimed he had massive influence and was responsible for many gun purchases. Do you still think so?

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 10, 2013, 12:03 AM

4. why didn't he defend himself ? didn't they say he had guns near him

where he died ?

Reply to this post

Response to JI7 (Reply #4)

Thu Jan 10, 2013, 12:23 AM

5. Why didn't he defend himself in the nanosecond between when the other guy fired and ....

...when he was hit?

See, this is the thing about guns.

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 10, 2013, 12:24 AM

6. Below is a link to an article regarding what happened for those that do not know ...

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread