HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Egg v. Adult
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Jan 9, 2013, 06:52 PM

Egg v. Adult

Here we go again as congressional Republicans are wanting to grant rights to eggs (because doing so pretty much negates the rights of the women carrying the eggs). And they are again advocating against women's reproductive rights while demanding defunding of Planned Parenthood. This doubling down on anti-women measures constitutes very real political violence -- no surprise, given that Republicans are the ones who voted down the Violence Against Women Act. Apparently they want to be able to trash women without impunity. What the hell?!

-

3 replies, 537 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to madamesilverspurs (Original post)

Wed Jan 9, 2013, 07:01 PM

1. The Beatles first broached this when they wrote, "I am the egg man". n/t

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to madamesilverspurs (Original post)

Wed Jan 9, 2013, 07:13 PM

2. Then we need to issue a (many) Social Security number(s) to every ovulating person's...

egg, each individual one..and survivors benefits to whoever owns those little eggs not caught up in the miracle.

Maybe we could just hand out a couple thousand Social Security numbers to each 12 year old female and tell
her to file them with the Department of Social Security as she feels or her religious organization feels is necessary...

Tikki

Reply to this post

Response to Tikki (Reply #2)

Wed Jan 9, 2013, 08:41 PM

3. I think it would be best if we gave all those little eggs the right to vote...

exercised by their mothers, of course.

But that's because I think the country and the world would be far better off if women were in charge. It couldn't hurt.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread