HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » A Letter from AIG
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Jan 9, 2013, 07:51 AM

A Letter from AIG

Dear American Taxpayers:

In 2008, you paid for a bailout of A.I.G. totalling $182 billion. Today, we are writing to tell you that we’re thinking of suing you.

When we made this decision, we knew we were in for some rough treatment from the media. We’ve been called everything from soulless bloodsuckers to Satan’s scabrous handmaidens, and worse. At A.I.G., though, we have a different name for ourselves: true American heroes.

You see, by suing the same people who bailed out our asses just five years ago, we are standing up for one of the most precious American rights of all: the right to sue someone who has just saved your life.

Let’s say that you’re trapped in a burning building and a fireman pulls you out to safety. Once you’re out of the fire, though, you notice that the fireman carelessly ripped the lapel of your Armani jacket. Shouldn’t you be able to sue the fireman for the full cost of its replacement?

Read more: http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowitzreport/2013/01/a-letter-from-aig.html#ixzz2HTxlTVOo

1 replies, 1084 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply A Letter from AIG (Original post)
cali Jan 2013 OP
Gidney N Cloyd Jan 2013 #1

Response to cali (Original post)

Wed Jan 9, 2013, 08:51 AM

1. "Oh, and as for our ad campaign... "

Oh, and as for our ad campaign, “Thank you, America”? We’re sticking with that, just changing the first word.

Read more: http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowitzreport/2013/01/a-letter-from-aig.html#ixzz2HUCj8mWP

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread