HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Jersey City cops go to wr...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Jan 9, 2013, 06:09 AM

Jersey City cops go to wrong address and hold family at gunpoint, woman says

A Jersey City woman says police tackled her husband and held her family and guests at gunpoint when they responded to her home by mistake on New Years Day. And to make matters worse, the police refuse to apologize to her traumatized kids, she says.

"I was terrified and I didn't know what was going on," said Kesha Moyd-Jones, who is a legal secretary at the state Attorney General's Office in Newark and lives at 351 Randolph Ave. "They came with the attitude of 'shoot first and ask questions later.' "

-snip-

"Oh my God, there were about 20 police cars and more were pulling up," Moyd-Jones said today. She said her husband had just returned from walking their dog and he was standing outside the open front door. Moyd-Jones said the cops asked for a different address on the block, and my husband told them they were at 351 Randolph.

"I yelled down 'Look at the door.' Then they asked him if a Kesha lives here and as soon as he said 'Yes, that's my wife,' they threw him to ground and jumped on him. "I yelled down 'Get off my husband' and I thought maybe he'd done something and I yelled 'What's going on?' They looked up and said 'We are looking for Kesha.' and when I said 'I'm Kesha,' the next thing I know is they took out their guns and came in."

More: http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2013/01/jersey_city_cops_go_to_wrong_a.html

4 replies, 694 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Jersey City cops go to wrong address and hold family at gunpoint, woman says (Original post)
UnrepentantLiberal Jan 2013 OP
chatcat11 Jan 2013 #1
Logical Jan 2013 #2
HereSince1628 Jan 2013 #3
pinboy3niner Jan 2013 #4

Response to UnrepentantLiberal (Original post)

Wed Jan 9, 2013, 07:35 AM

1. That's wack

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Jan 9, 2013, 07:40 AM

2. Got to love the police! As arrogant a job as any!

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 9, 2013, 08:51 AM

3. It's hard to read when you are seeing red

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 9, 2013, 11:38 AM

4. Sounds like another case of FrankenSWAT

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread