HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Is there a more perfect &...

Tue Jan 8, 2013, 11:18 AM

Is there a more perfect "poster child" for this quote??

8 replies, 1139 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply Is there a more perfect "poster child" for this quote?? (Original post)
Playinghardball Jan 2013 OP
treestar Jan 2013 #1
el_bryanto Jan 2013 #2
cthulu2016 Jan 2013 #3
Playinghardball Jan 2013 #6
lpbk2713 Jan 2013 #4
Initech Jan 2013 #5
JoeyT Jan 2013 #7
ZombieHorde Jan 2013 #8

Response to Playinghardball (Original post)

Tue Jan 8, 2013, 11:19 AM

1. What is wrong with the people who send her to Congress?

And Obama is still President, so it has no hope of being made into law, therefore, it is sheer grandstanding and a waste of time.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to treestar (Reply #1)

Tue Jan 8, 2013, 11:21 AM

2. Depends on why she is doing it

It might be very good politics even if it fails, if she can portray herself as the one person in Congress willing to stand up to Obama.

We wouldn't buy that argument but there are those who might.

Bryant

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 8, 2013, 12:05 PM

3. Einstein never said that

And it's a very silly definition of insanity, and thus a slander every time it is attributed to Einstein

Reply to this post

Response to cthulu2016 (Reply #3)

Tue Jan 8, 2013, 12:41 PM

6. Where do you get your information?

Here are two websites that attribute that quote to Eiinsein...

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/alberteins133991.html

and;
Albert Einstein Quotes - General (Scroll down to the quote in bold)

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - Albert Einstein

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." - Albert Einstein

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." - Albert Einstein

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Albert Einstein

"People like you and I, though mortal of course like everyone else, do not grow old no matter how long we live... never cease to stand like curious children before the great mystery into which we were born." - Albert Einstein in a letter to Otto Juliusburger;

"The monotony and solitude of a quiet life stimulates the creative mind." - Albert Einstein

"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom." - Albert Einstein

"We have to do the best we can. This is our sacred human responsibility." - Albert Einstein

"Where there is love there is no question." - Albert Einstein

"I think and think for months and years, ninety-nine times, the conclusion is false. The hundredth time I am right." - Albert Einstein

"The pioneers of a warless world are the youth who refuse military service." - Albert Einstein

"The pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are permitted to remain children all our lives." - Albert Einstein

"Those instrumental goods which should serve to maintain the life and health of all human beings should be produced by the least possible labour of all." - Albert Einstein

"The search for truth is more precious than its possession." - Albert Einstein

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen." - Albert Einstein

"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious." - Albert Einstein

"Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts." - Albert Einstein

"Isn't it strange that I who have written only unpopular books should be such a popular fellow?" - Albert Einstein

"He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice." - Albert Einstein

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to not stop questioning." - Albert Einstein

"I never think of the future. It comes soon enough." - Albert Einstein

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed." - Albert Einstein

"I have deep faith that the principle of the universe will be beautiful and simple." - Albert Einstein

"Truth is what stands the test of experience." - Albert Einstein

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing." - Albert Einstein

"Quantum mechanics is very impressive. But an inner voice tells me that it is not yet the real thing. The theory yields a lot, but it hardly brings us any closer to the secret of the Old One. In any case I am convinced that He doesn't play dice." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses their intelligence." - Albert Einstein

"How strange is the lot of us mortals! Each of us is here for a brief sojourn; for what purpose we know not, though sometimes sense it. But we know from daily life that we exist for other people first of all for whose smiles and well-being our own happiness depends." - Albert Einstein

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving." - Albert Einstein

"To get to know a country, you must have direct contact with the earth. It's futile to gaze at the world through a car window." - Albert Einstein

"I love to travel, But hate to arrive." - Albert Einstein

"Politics is more difficult than physics." - Albert Einstein

"I hate crowds and making speeches. I hate facing cameras and having to answer to a crossfire of questions. Why popular fancy should seize upon me, a scientist, dealing in abstract things and happy if left alone, is a manifestation of mass psychology that is beyond me." - Albert Einstein

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious." - Albert Einstein

"Lasting harmony with a woman (was) an undertaking in which I twice failed rather disgracefully." - Albert Einstein

"A finely tempered nature longs to escape from the personal life into the world of objective perception and thought." - Albert Einstein

"If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z, X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"The ideals that have lighted my way and time after time have give me new courage to face life cheerfully, have been Kindness, Beauty and Truth." - Albert Einstein

"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" - Albert Einstein

http://www.alberteinsteinsite.com/quotes/einsteinquotes.html

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 8, 2013, 12:13 PM

4. I'm surprised she's even capable of making such a brilliant observation.

Wastes of time and money like this is why Congress never accomplishes anything.
They worked hard for the reputation of "least productive Congress ever", and they
deserve it. When they obstruct like this they know it reflects on Obama as well as
themselves so they consider it a good move in the long run.

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 8, 2013, 12:23 PM

5. 33 times and they fail every time? Talk about bat shit insanity!!!

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 8, 2013, 01:24 PM

7. Bachmann isn't really mentally ill.

She's just a stupid bigoted dominionist asshole. Therapy and medication can help mental illness, there's not a whole lot you can do about SBDA's. Either they'll have an epiphany and realize what shitheads they are or they'll spend their entire lives leaping from one idiotic crusade to another while constantly whining about how persecuted they are for not being able to persecute whatever group(s) they hate the most.

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 8, 2013, 09:04 PM

8. That definition of insanity is really dumb.

If it was true, then studying and practicing things wouldn't do anything.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread