HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Powerful manifestation of...

Tue Jan 8, 2013, 10:58 AM

Powerful manifestation of white privilege is whites get their own political party all to themselves

This is especially apparent in the South where white Christian heterosexuals get to have the Republican party and 90% of the political apparatus to all to themselves. Democrats are mulitracial, multicultural, multi religious or not, etc. Is this because of our policies or is it racial exclusion? I think the truth lies between. In the South in paricular, the Republicans ate the white party and Democarts are the black. party.

3 replies, 370 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Powerful manifestation of white privilege is whites get their own political party all to themselves (Original post)
MightyMopar Jan 2013 OP
el_bryanto Jan 2013 #1
Nye Bevan Jan 2013 #2
Fumesucker Jan 2013 #3

Response to MightyMopar (Original post)

Tue Jan 8, 2013, 11:01 AM

1. That's true but may be overly simplistic

I mean saying that the Republicans are the party of maintaining white privilege is accurate, but it underplays how pervasive white privilege is. It kind of makes it an us v. theme issue; the truth is white male liberal democrats also benefit from white privilege and should be aware of it.

Bryant

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Jan 8, 2013, 11:02 AM

2. How many black Democratic senators are there? (nt)

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 8, 2013, 11:19 AM

3. You're free to join the Republican party

All you have to do is agree to everything they might do or say no matter how stupid or ignorant or evil it might be.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread