HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Julian Assange announces ...

Tue Jan 24, 2012, 07:43 PM

Julian Assange announces own talk show

Is WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange the next new face in the world of TV talk shows?

That’s what the creator of the controversial website – which caused many a headache for the U.S. government by unleashing scores of classified documents in the name of transparency – announced in a statement published on the group’s website.

The theme of his show? “The world tomorrow.”

“Through this series I will explore the possibilities for our future in conversations with those who are shaping it,” Assange said in his announcement late Monday. “Are we heading towards utopia, or dystopia and how we can set our paths? This is an exciting opportunity to discuss the vision of my guests in a new style of show that examines their philosophies and struggles in a deeper and clearer way than has been done before.”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0112/71882.html

Could be interesting depending on how it ends up going. There does not seem to be anything hard on who is going to carry the show, which seems weird.

1 replies, 385 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Julian Assange announces own talk show (Original post)
Ohio Joe Jan 2012 OP
gateley Jan 2012 #1

Response to Ohio Joe (Original post)

Tue Jan 24, 2012, 07:48 PM

1. Has potential. nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread