HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » When I think of a group o...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 01:40 PM

When I think of a group of Dumbasses, I think of the Log Cabin Republicans

Really?

They have issues with Chuck Hagel and his anti-gay record? Did these dumbasses just wake up yesterday and realize that republicans are not very fond of homosexuals? I mean they were all happy to endorse Mitt Romney - was a President Mitt Romney going to promote a pro-LGBT agenda that the rest of America overlooked?

Seriously, biggest group of dumbasses out there is the Log Cabin Republicans. And about as relevant as month old used kitty litter!

Log Cabin Republicans Criticize Chuck Hagel's Gay Rights Record In Full-Page Ad

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/07/log-cabin-republicans-chuck-hagel_n_2423950.html

WASHINGTON -- As President Barack Obama is set to nominate former Sen. Chuck Hagel (R-Neb.) as defense secretary, the Log Cabin Republicans have released a full-page ad in the Washington Post opposing him.

The ad by the conservative gay rights group criticizes Hagel's record on issues of LGBT equality.

In 1998, Hagel called James Hormel, then President Bill Clinton's choice for U.S. ambassador to Luxembourg, “openly, aggressively gay." He characterized Hormel's sexual orientation as an "inhibiting factor" that would prevent him from doing "an effective job."

Hagel recently apologized, saying his 1998 remarks were "insensitive." Hormel has said the former senator's remarks seemed politically timed but accepted them as a "clear apology."

And btw this is not a post that is for OR against Chuck Hagel. I do realize has done somethings in the past that were very hurtful to the LGBT community. Had other LGBT support groups out there, like HRC, placed the full page ad in the Washington Post I would have respected that because most LGBT groups do spend their effort supporting, helping and electing Anti-LGBT Republicans.

And I would like to think (hope) that before Obama considered Hagel that he had assurances from Hagel that he (hagel) would not turn back many of the pro-LGBT advances that have happened these past 4 years in regard to the military.

2 replies, 480 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply When I think of a group of Dumbasses, I think of the Log Cabin Republicans (Original post)
LynneSin Jan 2013 OP
Lionessa Jan 2013 #1
LeftofObama Jan 2013 #2

Response to LynneSin (Original post)

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 03:11 PM

1. I don't know about dumbasses, but they certainly seem oxymoronic,

and I guess therefore moronic, so yeah, I guess dumbasses.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to LynneSin (Original post)

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 03:48 PM

2. Yep, dumbasses!

I've met a couple of them and they are as arrogant, egotistical, and self centered as their straight gop counterparts. They parrot the same gop talking points, they can't think for themselves, and the ones I've met simply think Rush Limpdong et al are just misunderstood.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread