HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » The 'War On Terror' - by ...

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 12:43 PM

The 'War On Terror' - by Design - Can Never End

Last edited Mon Jan 7, 2013, 11:37 PM - Edit history (1)

Doesn't sound like our corporate over lords are anticipating the end of the War on Terror any time soon. Don't cha just wonder why? Oh yea ...it's for our security. My msg to them: GO FUCK YOUR SELVES! I am still more concerned with the other driver and lightning than any possible act of terror. The US is resigned to a state of war and terror until the fucking world ends or completely gets owned. But go on thinking you can do anything about it. MUHAHAHAHAHAH

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article33532.htm

<>January 05, 2013 "The Guardian" -- Last month, outgoing pentagon general counsel Jeh Johnson gave a speech at the Oxford Union and said that the War on Terror must, at some point, come to an end:

"Now that efforts by the US military against al-Qaida are in their 12th year, we must also ask ourselves: How will this conflict end? . . . . 'War' must be regarded as a finite, extraordinary and unnatural state of affairs. We must not accept the current conflict, and all that it entails, as the 'new normal.' Peace must be regarded as the norm toward which the human race continually strives. . . .

<> On Thursday night, MSNBC's Rachel Maddow interviewed Johnson, and before doing so, she opined as follows:

"When does this thing we are in now end? And if it does not have an end and I'm not speaking as a lawyer here, I am just speaking as a citizen who feels morally accountable for my country's actions if it does not have an end, then morally speaking it does not seem like it is a war. And then, our country is killing people and locking them up outside the traditional judicial system in a way I think we maybe cannot be forgiven for."

<>The polices adopted by the Obama administration just over the last couple of years leave no doubt that they are accelerating, not winding down, the war apparatus that has been relentlessly strengthened over the last decade. In the name of the War on Terror, the current president has diluted decades-old Miranda warnings; codified a new scheme of indefinite detention on US soil; plotted to relocate Guantanamo to Illinois; increased secrecy, repression and release-restrictions at the camp; minted a new theory of presidential assassination powers even for US citizens; renewed the Bush/Cheney warrantless eavesdropping framework for another five years, as well as the Patriot Act, without a single reform; and just signed into law all new restrictions on the release of indefinitely held detainees.

1 replies, 288 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply The 'War On Terror' - by Design - Can Never End (Original post)
L0oniX Jan 2013 OP
L0oniX Jan 2013 #1

Response to L0oniX (Original post)

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 11:37 PM

1. kick

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread