HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » WSJ Reporter Compares Sta...

Tue Jan 24, 2012, 06:58 PM

WSJ Reporter Compares State Of The Union Seating To ‘Date Rape’

By Andrew Jones
Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Stephen Moore, a reporter for The Wall Street Journal, made a peculiar analogy Monday evening during a televised discussion of the bipartisan seating arrangement at tonight’s State of the Union address.

While Fox Business Network’s Andrew Napolitano seemed frustrated by the seating, Moore decided to go in a wholly different direction, calling it “another campaign speech” for President Barack Obama.

“This idea of all the members, Republicans and Democrats sitting next to each other, that’s like date rape,” he said. “I don’t understand the logic behind that.”s

MORE...

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/01/24/wsj-reporter-compares-state-of-the-union-seating-to-date-rape/

3 replies, 1309 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply WSJ Reporter Compares State Of The Union Seating To ‘Date Rape’ (Original post)
Purveyor Jan 2012 OP
Enrique Jan 2012 #1
Brickbat Jan 2012 #2
Curmudgeoness Jan 2012 #3

Response to Purveyor (Original post)

Tue Jan 24, 2012, 07:01 PM

1. "I don't understand the logic behind that"

is he arguing with himself?

I'm with his second personality, I don't understand the logic either.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Jan 24, 2012, 07:03 PM

2. I'd say it missed the turn at "peculiar" and went straight on to "ignorant, offensive and cruel."

Because no, highly paid adults sitting next to each other, even though they kind of disagree with each other, and pretending to listen to a 40-minute speech and jumping up and applauding or pointedly not applauding at certain times is nothing like date rape. Nothing at all.

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 24, 2012, 07:27 PM

3. This idiot should experience a date rape

and he will see how utterly ridiculous that analogy is.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread