HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Cop strongly implies Occu...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 03:15 PM

Cop strongly implies Occupy presence means increased terrorism threat; Federal agents at parade

Last edited Mon Jan 7, 2013, 01:00 PM - Edit history (1)

Cross-posted from Occupy Underground to shed light on Federal-level involvement regarding Occupy.

Edited thread title; was "There will be an increased law enforcement presence, including federal agents"

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-occupy-rose-parade-20130101,0,7679289.story

A 15-foot-high float, with "Mr. Monopoly" riding a red wagon, will wheel its way down the 5.5-mile route at the conclusion of the parade, organizers said. The board game character, intended to represent bankers, will have strings attached to participants who are on the verge of losing their homes or have lost their homes to foreclosure.

snip

There will be an increased law enforcement presence, including federal agents, at the 2013 parade because of the Occupy demonstration, Sanchez said.

"The big thing we'd like to get out there is that if someone sees something, they should say something," Sanchez said. "It's the best way we can prevent something from occurring."

(Compress these sentences and you get: "There will be increased LE presence..because of..Occupy..It's the best way we can prevent something from occurring.")

(Thank you to Sanchez for your hideous, ultramyopic honesty, which in effect directly connects Occupy with potential acts of terrorism, that if Occupy are there, they expect acts of terrorism. Last year, Wells Fargo sponsored the Rose Parade. This is telling in and of itself. Connect the damn dots..)

And a related bonus from WillyT:

“Independent” Reviews Were Controlled by Banks, Suppressed Findings of Harm to Foreclosed Homeowners

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10022137367

---

Do you know where a regular cop gets that crap? Straight from the DHS. In LA, there is a special order 11 making LAPD a tentacle of DHS. I've seen the Lt. who is responsible for it at one LAPD attack upon a peaceful Occupy action, where they brought a less-lethal shotgun to our chili-eating party. iWatch says "see something, say something (to police so they can funnel it up through fusion centers to DHS).

http://stoplapdspying.org/

http://lapdonline.org/iwatchla

http://www.lapdonline.org/newsroom/news_view/47770

Los Angeles: At a news conference this morning, Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Janet Napolitano, LAPD Chief Charlie Beck and others gathered at the Port of Los Angeles, the nation's largest port, where they announced increased new training and security measures and the official launch of the combined national and local community terrorism reporting program If You See Something, Say Something™ go to iWATCHLA.org.

9 replies, 1173 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 9 replies Author Time Post
Reply Cop strongly implies Occupy presence means increased terrorism threat; Federal agents at parade (Original post)
Fire Walk With Me Jan 2013 OP
Fire Walk With Me Jan 2013 #1
Ohio Joe Jan 2013 #2
randome Jan 2013 #3
Ohio Joe Jan 2013 #4
randome Jan 2013 #6
dickthegrouch Jan 2013 #5
Fire Walk With Me Jan 2013 #7
IDemo Jan 2013 #8
Fire Walk With Me Jan 2013 #9

Response to Fire Walk With Me (Original post)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 03:47 PM

1. Kick against the pricks

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 03:55 PM

2. It's just plain stupid

I really wish they would put even a small effort into going after the real criminals... We all know who they are, the ones these protests are against... instead they go for those simply wanting peace and equality.

Reply to this post

Response to Ohio Joe (Reply #2)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 04:03 PM

3. Local law enforcement's concerns end with the locality.

They may be overly concerned with anarchists joining up with Occupy but they have no jurisdiction over international finance.

I'm guessing they requested a federal agent presence, although I don't know that.

Reply to this post

Response to randome (Reply #3)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 04:10 PM

4. I was referring to the Feds

Sorry for not being clear.

Even local law enforcement should have more important things to be concerned about, I mean... 'The Anarchists'... Soooo scary... heh, too funny.

Reply to this post

Response to Ohio Joe (Reply #4)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 08:34 PM

6. Well, it is L.A. but, yeah, I don't see the point of getting all in a lather over it.

It's a frickin' parade.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 08:24 PM

5. The feds are probably going to arrest them for Copyright infringment

Use of the banker character and Monopoly name without whoever owns it these days' permission.

I hope it's just different enough to steer clear of any infringement.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 12:45 PM

7. Kick for those who just cannot get it.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 01:01 PM

8. Discontent is terroristic thinking

Or so it seems anymore.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 08:31 PM

9. Last kick. Saw an "iWatch / DHS" poster in an LA bus today.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread