HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Barney Frank says he’s in...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 12:03 AM

Barney Frank says he’s interested in being interim senator to replace John Kerry

Former Massachusetts Democratic congressman Barney Frank said Friday that he would like Gov. Deval L. Patrick (D) to appoint him to the U.S. Senate on an interim basis if Sen. John F. Kerry (D) is confirmed as secretary of state.

“I’ve told the governor that I would now like, frankly, to do that,” Frank said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.”

The recently retired congressman said legislators’ “fiscal cliff” deal makes the next few months a crucial economic period in which he wants to be involved.

Patrick will appoint a replacement for Kerry if he is confirmed, and a special election will decide who will serve the rest of his term. Frank said he’s not interested in running in the special election.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/barney-frank-says-hes-interested-in-being-interim-senator-to-replace-john-kerry/2013/01/04/361a5d20-56bb-11e2-8b9e-dd8773594efc_print.html

2 replies, 447 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Barney Frank says he’s interested in being interim senator to replace John Kerry (Original post)
spanone Jan 2013 OP
putitinD Jan 2013 #1
Tx4obama Jan 2013 #2

Response to spanone (Original post)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 12:10 AM

1. awsome

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to spanone (Original post)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 01:38 AM

2. Barney would make a great interim seat holder, I hope he is appointed :) n/t

Reply to this post