HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » new reports name Michael ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Jan 4, 2013, 07:57 PM

new reports name Michael Nodianos as one of Jane Doe's rapists - the guy giggling about the rape,

His comments seem to imply that he was part of the rape. Nice how the coach sent the rape party on their way with raped girl in tow

-------------------

At this location Jane Doe was raped multiple times by Richmond and Mays and at least two other assailants from the “Rape Crew”. At that point the “party” went on the move. They first stopped at another Assistant Coach’s home, Coach Belerdine. Belardine didn’t like what he saw, and asked them to leave. Once again, they hit the road with an unconscious Jane Doe in tow. While en route to Mark Cole’s house, Jane was again raped and sodomized in the back seat of a vehicle – and this was video recorded by Charlie Keenan who was in the front seat. Her attackers in the car were again Mays and Richmond. Once they arrived at Mark Cole’s house Jane Doe was carried to the basement where she was again raped multiple times by multiple attackers, one of which was Michael Nodianos. Finally, having sated themselves and exhausted any further entertainment that Jane Doe could provide for these animals, she was unceremoniously dumped (still unconscious) onto the front lawn of the Cole residence – where at least one member of the “Rape Crew” proceeded to urinate on her.

http://localleaks.blogs.ru/2013/01/01/steubenvillefiles/at

Steubenville High school leaked video now leads to demands for Michael Nodianos’ expulsion.

Should Michael Nodianos be expelled because of the viewpoints he expressed?

Michael Nodianos, the individual in the center of leaked anonymous tapes courtesy of ‘hackivist’ group Anonymous is now facing the real possibility of being expelled (see below) from Ohio State University where he is said to have started as a freshman this past September.

In fact not only is the young man facing calls for his expulsion, he is also facing calls for the repudiation of a scholarship offered to him as well.

-------------------------------------

Reflected a variety of readers on the web:

While it is sad that justice is not being delivered by the legal system or the society supporting the perpetrators, there is an ironic mix of justice and vengeance in knowing that these hacktivists have meted out a form of punishment to the perpetrators and their enablers that is similar to the rape of this poor girl: they’ve attacked and humilated the offenders without giving them the means of fighting back.

Furthermore, just as the victim will always haunted by this incident to some degree for the rest of her life, so now will the perpetrators everytime they apply for a job or college admissions, or whenever a potential love interest or their future children decide to look them up on the Internet.

http://scallywagandvagabond.com/2013/01/steubenville-high-school-leaked-video-now-leads-to-demands-for-michael-nodianos-expulsion/

45 replies, 7683 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 45 replies Author Time Post
Reply new reports name Michael Nodianos as one of Jane Doe's rapists - the guy giggling about the rape, (Original post)
Liberal_in_LA Jan 2013 OP
niyad Jan 2013 #1
historylovr Jan 2013 #3
Liberal_in_LA Jan 2013 #22
gollygee Jan 2013 #2
ArnoldLayne Jan 2013 #4
UtahLib Jan 2013 #5
Quantess Jan 2013 #6
elehhhhna Jan 2013 #10
Quantess Jan 2013 #12
elehhhhna Jan 2013 #13
Liberal_in_LA Jan 2013 #23
yardwork Jan 2013 #25
Jenoch Jan 2013 #32
alphafemale Jan 2013 #38
yardwork Jan 2013 #42
niyad Jan 2013 #7
Liberal_in_LA Jan 2013 #24
jsr Jan 2013 #8
elehhhhna Jan 2013 #14
MKITEM Jan 2013 #45
Starry Messenger Jan 2013 #9
Petrushka Jan 2013 #37
jmg257 Jan 2013 #11
Solly Mack Jan 2013 #15
rollin74 Jan 2013 #17
Solly Mack Jan 2013 #18
rollin74 Jan 2013 #19
Solly Mack Jan 2013 #20
yardwork Jan 2013 #26
Solly Mack Jan 2013 #29
slackmaster Jan 2013 #16
Warren DeMontague Jan 2013 #21
yardwork Jan 2013 #27
Warren DeMontague Jan 2013 #28
yardwork Jan 2013 #30
Jamastiene Jan 2013 #31
Warren DeMontague Jan 2013 #36
exboyfil Jan 2013 #41
tblue37 Jan 2013 #33
exboyfil Jan 2013 #39
Sheldon Cooper Jan 2013 #40
Kalidurga Jan 2013 #34
RedCappedBandit Jan 2013 #35
seabeyond Jan 2013 #43
MKITEM Jan 2013 #44

Response to Liberal_in_LA (Original post)

Fri Jan 4, 2013, 10:09 PM

1. "they have attacked and humiliated the offenders without giving them the means of fighting back"?

please tell me I did not read that correctly. the young woman was brutally, repeatedly, raped, and filmed by these bastards. NOTHING that happens to them will ever make me sorry for them. they cannot fight back? wahhhhhh. THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE RAPED THAT GIRL, then there would be nothing for them to fight back against. simple, isn't it?

that there should be the slightest bit of sympathy for these monsters having their heinous crimes brought into the light of day makes me sick.

am I to understand that one of the coaches saw what was going on, and "sent them on their way"? why isn't that man in jail?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to niyad (Reply #1)

Fri Jan 4, 2013, 10:22 PM

3. I took that to mean they approved of the attacking and humiliating

of the rapists and their support team. I know I sure am. May they never know another moment's peace. ETA: Maybe I'm misreading? I'm tired and more than angry at all this, and maybe my comprehension is off. If they're expressing sympathy for the rapists, well, they know where they can go.

Indeed, why isn't he? Why aren't any of them?

Reply to this post

Response to niyad (Reply #1)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 01:05 AM

22. I think that statement was in approval of internet justice for the rapists.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 4, 2013, 10:14 PM

2. This makes me more ill all the time

That last viewpoint makes me want to find whoever wrote it and hit them, and I'm not often angered to the point of violence. She is an innocent victim. They are perpetrators and enablers, admitted by that person even. It is 100% fitting that someone who does something so horrible have their lives affected by it. It damn well should haunt them for the rest of their lives. How dare that person try to turn them into the victims here.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 4, 2013, 10:27 PM

4. I have a feeling things are going to get ugly tomorrow

in Steubenville Ohio. I will be there again tomorrow at 12:00 PM EST.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 4, 2013, 10:31 PM

5. Sick little monsters. This should follow them for the rest of their lives. n/t

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 4, 2013, 10:41 PM

6. Expulsion, is that the best they can do?

For premeditated gang rape? He should be spending a little time behind bars, along with the other rapists.

Reply to this post

Response to Quantess (Reply #6)

Fri Jan 4, 2013, 11:18 PM

10. had the perps been nonwhite, they'd have been lynched by now

Reply to this post

Response to elehhhhna (Reply #10)

Fri Jan 4, 2013, 11:21 PM

12. Non-white AND non-athletic

One of the perps in this case looks black to me.

Reply to this post

Response to Quantess (Reply #12)

Fri Jan 4, 2013, 11:29 PM

13. oops. true.

sick and undeniably true

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 01:06 AM

23. The rapists are a diverse group, I think at least one of the ones who carried her body

to and from is black.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 01:17 AM

25. I have noticed that one of the only two people charged appears to be a person of color.

I don't think it is a coincidence. The video is full of white people, but one of the only people charged is the black guy.

Reply to this post

Response to yardwork (Reply #25)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 01:57 AM

32. From what I have read

race has nothing to do with whom charges have been filed. It seems there are some problems with witnesses coming forward and the prosecutor and local judges all have ties to the team, but so far I don't believe race is part of the case.

Also, it is my understanding that although they did not appear on the video visually, apparently one or more black team members habe been identified by voice as bwing in the room where the video was shot that features that despicable Michael Nodianos.

Reply to this post

Response to yardwork (Reply #25)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 05:42 AM

38. The first people charged were the black kid and white kid pictured dragging the girl

They were the ones dragging the unconscious girl around by the ankles and wrist.

A black guy and a white guy.

I imagine more charges will be coming...now that the spotlight is on.

I want to to see charges against the parents and coaches who hosted these "parties."

Reply to this post

Response to alphafemale (Reply #38)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 10:51 AM

42. At the link I saw, that photo is identified as another rape victim, not this one.

I don't know if that is correct or not. The perpetrators claim to have committed these kinds of gang rapes before. I wonder how they are obtaining the date rape drugs.

In any case, the charges seem to have been made against only two people because those are the two people identified by the other people the police interviewed. The people with connections - like the son of the prosecuting attorney - didn't get charged. The author of the video didn't get charged. Several of the people who were involved are now witnesses for the prosecution. They blamed two people and in return didn't get charged, even though the video implies that a whole lot of other people were involved, including the author of the video.

I agree that there should be charges against the parents and coaches who hosted parties and supplied alcohol (and reportedly drugs as well).

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 4, 2013, 11:05 PM

7. looking at the linked story and its comments, is this michael person at OSU on an athletic

scholarship? is that why some think he should be given a pass? I do hope I am not reading that correctly.

Reply to this post

Response to niyad (Reply #7)

Fri Jan 4, 2013, 11:10 PM

8. And it seems nothing will happen to his scholarship at Ohio State either

Reply to this post

Response to jsr (Reply #8)

Fri Jan 4, 2013, 11:31 PM

14. Hmmm. Wonder what the OSU student body and their parents think about THAT?

Or half the student body, anyway

Reply to this post

Response to elehhhhna (Reply #14)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 11:15 AM

45. Contact OSU

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 4, 2013, 11:13 PM

9. Warning, that video is extremely hard to watch.

I did 5 minutes last night, shut it off and didn't get to sleep until 4am this morning. Watching a brain-dead psycho who looks like he's short-circuited his humanity with cocaine or speed or whatever was more disturbing than Silence of the Lambs.

Reply to this post

Response to Starry Messenger (Reply #9)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 05:10 AM

37. Last night, I couldn't watch that video for more than 2 minutes . . .

. . . before wanting to weep for the victim. It wasn't until a little while ago that I finally watched all 12 or so minutes of it; and what shocked me more than that sociopath joking about the rape victim was to see a girl in the room while he did so. The girl is visible, briefly, around 2:51, 3:27, 3:31, 4:02, and 11:54.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 4, 2013, 11:20 PM

11. Nobody has kicked the shit out of this little prick yet?

WTF?

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 4, 2013, 11:35 PM

15. Ohio State says he is no longer a student.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2013/01/04/columbus-osu-reaction-to-steubenville-rape-case.html

"By noon, the teen's name in the student directory was gone and the university released a statement.

"What we can confirm is that the Ohio State student in question was in attendance only through December 12,” it read."

Reply to this post

Response to Solly Mack (Reply #15)

Fri Jan 4, 2013, 11:48 PM

17. it is my understanding that OSU's fall semester ended Dec. 12

the spring semester begins Jan. 7 (this monday)

so that statement could apply to any student on campus

the university has not said whether or not Nodianos is enrolled and expected to attend school for the next semester

the statement about December 12 is technically correct but could be misleading

I hope that it's true and they've kicked him out but it is not clear yet

Reply to this post

Response to rollin74 (Reply #17)

Fri Jan 4, 2013, 11:53 PM

18. OSU said "no longer an OSU student". Meaning, once was.

The article also goes on to state that the school didn't say if he was expelled or left voluntarily.

Yes, I figured his last attendance day was also the last session day.

Reply to this post

Response to Solly Mack (Reply #18)

Fri Jan 4, 2013, 11:56 PM

19. well, I hope that report is correct

and that no other school will have him

Reply to this post

Response to rollin74 (Reply #19)

Fri Jan 4, 2013, 11:59 PM

20. Here's one from the The Lantern that isn't as clear though.

http://www.thelantern.com/campus/ohio-state-issues-statement-regarding-alleged-rape-in-steubenville-1.2969759#.UOeyc2_AeSo

"Nodianos, who has not been accused or charged of any crimes, could not be found on “Find People,” OSU’s staff, faculty and student directory, Friday, though such information (his name, university email address and major) was accessible Thursday.

Nodianos did not respond to The Lantern's request for comment.

While the university cites that it is “not at liberty to comment” because of Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) regulations, the school confirmed through its statement that “the student in question” was in attendance at the university “only through Dec. 12.”"

Hopefully, he has left the school.

Reply to this post

Response to Solly Mack (Reply #20)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 01:20 AM

26. Nobody has been "in attendance" at OSU since December 12.

The question is whether or not he is currently enrolled. We'll know if he shows up for class on January 7.

Reply to this post

Response to yardwork (Reply #26)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 01:32 AM

29. EDIT: I misread

True. Even with the statement from the first article claiming he is no longer a student at OSU, we really won't know until classes resume. That is correct.

Yes, we know classes probably ended on December 12th. Which means no one was in class since December 12. I think that's why the school said through December 12th.

The first article states he is no longer a student and his info has been removed from school directories.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 4, 2013, 11:35 PM

16. I see a drunken idiot blathering in modern youth vernacular that I don't fully understand

He's definitely an idiot.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 12:39 AM

21. Excuse me while I don't give half a sympathetic shit for something some assclown voluntarily said

in front of a camera.

So dude is an irredeemable socioptathic shitwad, probably admitting to several felonies, and dude is also dumb enough to do it for 20 minutes in front of a camera.

and now people can watch it.

Because he sat in front of a camera doing it.

Tough shit. Asshole.

Reply to this post

Response to Warren DeMontague (Reply #21)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 01:22 AM

27. No, no. This is all OUR fault, according to a few posters here on DU and many commenters elsewhere.

We're the lynch mob, passing judgement based on rumor and innuendo. There are a couple of people on DU - one of them claims to live in or near Steubenville and I must say he sounds just like the rest of them - telling us that this is all made up. Pay no attention to those videos and tweets.

Reply to this post

Response to yardwork (Reply #27)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 01:32 AM

28. Right, it's because everyone is jealous of the Football Team's win record.

I think I read that somewhere, too.

Reply to this post

Response to Warren DeMontague (Reply #28)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 01:38 AM

30. I read that too!

We're just spoil sports.

Reply to this post

Response to Warren DeMontague (Reply #28)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 01:52 AM

31. The head coach of the team said that.

Here is the link where I copied that part of the article from the NYTimes:

“Everybody wanted to incriminate more of the football players, some because some of the other schools in the area are simply jealous of Big Red.”

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10022123176#post76

Reply to this post

Response to Jamastiene (Reply #31)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 04:03 AM

36. Yep. I know that's why I, personally, want these asshole kids prosecuted.

Because nothing interests me more than keeping some stupid fucking High School team I've never heard of from winning fucking football games.

Reply to this post

Response to Warren DeMontague (Reply #36)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 09:55 AM

41. This thing broke at the beginning of the football

season, and they got to play the entire season only losing the two charged for the last two games. In a few years we will hear how this would have been a much better season without the the "distractions" (sarcasm alert).

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 02:00 AM

33. His mother must be so proud. nt

Reply to this post

Response to tblue37 (Reply #33)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 07:56 AM

39. I have to question if my child did

something so evil if I would lift a finger to protect her? It sound like his family has obtained counsel for him and are paying for it. I frankly would tell him to get a Public Defender if he gets charged.

The whole situation is insane starting with the coaches sponsoring parties where liquor was present to coaches not intervening when an obviously passed out girl shows up, and these students behaving worse than the children in The Lord of the Flies or A Clockwork Orange. Makes me wonder about sending my daughter off to college (I know this happened at a High School which simply amazes me as to what the parents were doing/thinking).

Reply to this post

Response to exboyfil (Reply #39)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 09:28 AM

40. Totally agree.

"They first stopped at another Assistant Coach’s home, Coach Belerdine. Belardine didn’t like what he saw, and asked them to leave. "

WTF is wrong with this Coach Belerdine animal? He 'didn't like what he saw', so he sent them on their way? He could have prevented most of this poor young woman's torment, but instead he just let them leave with her. I hope he faces criminal and civil charges and is personally and financially ruined for the remainder of his miserable and useless life.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 02:08 AM

34. I hope the perps are scarred by this for the rest of their lives.

I have zero sympathy for the mess they may have made of their lives by committing several crimes on video, posting it, and tweeting about it. Then hiding behind their enablers. I hope more than a few enablers end up in prison. I hope several perps end up in prison as well. This is the kind of thing people should be in jail for for the rest of their life.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 02:23 AM

35. What in the actual fuck.

Where do these people come from. I mean seriously, WTF. I don't even.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 10:57 AM

43. yes, i have taken note of the ironic. they humiliate her on the net. seems the justice is the

humiliation on the net for the attack. the tit and tat. seeing how they are not, or were not getting it out of the legal system.

how fun is the net now, matt, sheriff, coaches, prosecutor.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 11:07 AM

44. Lot of Nodianos in Steubenville

Why not give them a call and let them know what the outside world thinks of their relative and their community.

Simply go into whitepages.com and type in Nodianos and Steubenville.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread