HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » My Cory Booker / Joe Bide...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Jan 4, 2013, 01:47 PM

My Cory Booker / Joe Biden fanfic is coming along

I'm writing a fanfic series about Cory Booker and Joe Biden as a crime-fighting duo who secretly travel the country stomping punks and saving lives, when they aren't working their high-pressure day jobs.

I see this as an homage to every episode of Miami Vice and The A-Team I ever watched, so obviously there will be a melon gun. Also, Joe Biden sweet-talking receptionists to give him access to executive computers in high-security offices, and maybe Cory Booker using the martial arts skills he learned as a Shaolin apprentice after he left Newark and spent years in the wilderness transforming himself into a weapon. And when it's turned into a movie I expect we'll have a soundtrack of 80's tunes covered by the Killers.

We open on an ice cold night, at the wharf in Racine. A hard-bitten cynical Wisconsin Congressman chuckles to himself as he waits for his shipment of illegal weapons from Russia. This will settle things, he thinks. This is a complicated chess game he's playing with his enemies, and the last move is, of course, triumph in the debt ceiling negotiations. Maybe a few billion in federal gold has to go missing. But the end justifies the means, doesn't it?

What he's not counting on - what evildoers never count on - is a visit from... "Booker and Dash."

(drum solo)

0 replies, 345 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Reply to this thread