HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Brighthouse Cable (Michig...

Thu Jan 3, 2013, 09:51 AM

Brighthouse Cable (Michigan) immediately drops Current TV

Without any notice what so ever, Brighthouse Cable drops Current TV. This morning, the Bill Press Show was on (6am to 9am) but immediately after that, it was gone. When I called the company, I was told it was removed because of the sale. On Twitter, after complaining, I received this tweet from them:

Bright House Care ‏@BrightHouseCare

Current TV was purchased. As a result, our agreement has been terminated and we will no longer be carrying the channel. -Nick

This is very sudden and feels very disturbing.

Bright House Networks serve customers across the U.S., in these markets: Tampa Bay and Orlando, Florida; Bakersfield, California; Indianapolis, Indiana; Detroit, Michigan; and Birmingham, Alabama; along with several other smaller regions in Alabama and the Florida Panhandle.

4 replies, 1255 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Brighthouse Cable (Michigan) immediately drops Current TV (Original post)
GigiMommy Jan 2013 OP
think Jan 2013 #1
kydo Jan 2013 #2
onenote Jan 2013 #3
kydo Jan 2013 #4

Response to GigiMommy (Original post)

Thu Jan 3, 2013, 10:42 AM

1. Sorry to hear that. On it's face it appears Aljazeera is being blackballed

but it doesn't surprise me.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to GigiMommy (Original post)

Thu Jan 3, 2013, 11:38 AM

2. same here in Central FL

poof its gone

I want it back. Ok so I'm bundled got wireless, internet access and cable from bright house. There isn't too many other options, I wonder, are those dish and satellite companies carrying Current TV? I hate dish but as a matter of principle I'd switch. But internet and wireless what are my options there?

Reply to this post

Response to kydo (Reply #2)

Thu Jan 3, 2013, 11:48 AM

3. apparently no one is going to be carrying "current tv" because current is going to be morphed

into a diffeerent service by Al Jazeera. Its far from clear how much, if any, of Current's programming line up will be part of the new network.

From what I've read, it appears that Al Jazeera was more interested in getting the channel slots that Current occupies than in "saving" Current (which has been losing money hand over fist for some time apparently).

Reply to this post

Response to onenote (Reply #3)

Thu Jan 3, 2013, 11:55 AM

4. yeah and so like what slots

would al jazeera be getting if no company carries it.

I'm pissed. I just email them and have been on hold for about 15 mins by their customcare line. I'm going to be the very angry customer.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread