HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Can someone on TV show Am...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Dec 31, 2012, 12:58 PM

Can someone on TV show America a chart of Federal Spending? Is that too much to ask?

We need to see where the money is going, kinda a basic fact needed when discussing the budget.

Glenn Beck and Limbaugh have been telling our easily fooled friends and relatives that welfare queens gaming the system is the reason for our debt.

Welfare, which costs 80 Billion per year, is discussed endlessly as the victims of the economy are blamed for our corrupt politician's actions.

80 Billion war supplemental...flies through the House and Senate without discussion....no problem.

60 Billion for Sandy Cleanup- no problem (as long as Republicans can stick some pork on there and make sure their contractors take all the cleanup money)

This is absurd that they are allowed to continue these lies on our public airwaves, it has grown beyond cruel and sadistic to downright insane and it has to stop.

Code Pink just got on TV holding up some sign about gun control....we need someone to get on good morning America or something and hold up the pie chart which shows 60% of spending going to the untouchable military and even more for Homeland Security and the TSA.

We have to stop allowing the media to deceive our friends and family on our public airwaves.

7 replies, 565 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply Can someone on TV show America a chart of Federal Spending? Is that too much to ask? (Original post)
No Compromise Dec 2012 OP
patrice Dec 2012 #1
kentuck Dec 2012 #2
No Compromise Dec 2012 #7
Flashmann Dec 2012 #3
L0oniX Dec 2012 #4
No Compromise Dec 2012 #5
juajen Dec 2012 #6

Response to No Compromise (Original post)

Mon Dec 31, 2012, 01:01 PM

1. I've never seen one.

Except briefly and TOO SMALL in the middle somewhere of hours and hours of stuff on CSPAN.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Dec 31, 2012, 01:02 PM

2. I heard someone say a couple of days ago...

that SS taxes were 35% of all taxes collected. Payout to SS was about 22% of the budget but Medicare was another 21% and that is where the "shortfall" in SS comes from?

It would help if we could get that information more easily from the media, I would agree.

Reply to this post

Response to kentuck (Reply #2)

Mon Dec 31, 2012, 02:37 PM

7. I use to think that was the media's job

Reply to this post

Mon Dec 31, 2012, 01:04 PM

3. Can someone on TV show America a chart of Federal Spending?

And actually provide some real data,that even uhmerkins can comprehend??.......

Are you fucking CRAZY!?!?!?!

Reply to this post

Mon Dec 31, 2012, 01:05 PM

4. As you may have noticed here on DU lately ...facts fail in competition with emotional issues.

Likewise ...facts may also be too much for the average tv watching American idiot.

Reply to this post

Mon Dec 31, 2012, 01:40 PM

5. this one would be good

Reply to this post

Mon Dec 31, 2012, 02:07 PM

6. There was one on here not too long ago.

It showed how much money is owed by our government, so this was really indicative of where our money was spent. I do remember that the most money owed by our government was to US citizens, not to China, as most people believe. Of course, this includes the 2.4 trillion owed to SS. The most money spent, I believe, was Defense, which needs to be cut and was one reason I wanted us to go off the cliff. Note that nobody is mentioning defense spending. This is the great drain on our economy.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread