HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » "Help! I'm being he...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 05:08 PM

"Help! I'm being held captive in a Chinese fortune cookie factory." - For Real

http://www.businessinsider.com/kmart-shopper-finds-letter-from-china-2012-12#ixzz2GMzdDIkl

A woman found a chilling letter describing Chinese factory conditions in a box of Halloween decorations from Kmart.

People who work here have to work 15 hours a day without Saturday, Sunday break and any holidays. Otherwise, they will suffer torturement, beat and rude remark. Nearly no payment (10 yuan/1 month).
People who work here, suffer punishment 1-3 years averagely, but without Court Sentence (unlaw punishment). Many of them are Falun Gong practitioners, who are totally innocent people only because they have different believe to CCPG. They often suffer more punishment than others."

Keith handed over the letter to the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, who are now investigating the letter and verifying its identity. Sears Holdings, which owns Kmart, is also investigating the factory.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/kmart-shopper-finds-letter-from-china-2012-12#ixzz2GO3TBzjt

2 replies, 997 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply "Help! I'm being held captive in a Chinese fortune cookie factory." - For Real (Original post)
lame54 Dec 2012 OP
msongs Dec 2012 #1
lame54 Dec 2012 #2

Response to lame54 (Original post)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 05:11 PM

1. excellent english composition from a factory worker nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to msongs (Reply #1)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 05:14 PM

2. if it is real...

I'm sure it was planned