HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Right Wing Extremist LaPi...

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 11:57 AM

Right Wing Extremist LaPierre's Lunatic Plan for Police in Schools Debunked

Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter on Wednesday slammed the National Rifle Association's proposal to put an armed guard {police officers} in every school in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., school shooting, calling it a "completely dumbass idea."

"I guess, you know, out of last week's bizarre press statement -- it wasn't a press conference -- I guess Mr. LaPierre would then say firefighters need to have armed guards go with them," Nutter said on MSNBC's "Andrea Mitchell Reports." I think it just shows that was a completely dumbass idea from the start with the announcement last week," he said.

Nutter was referring to the briefing held Friday by LaPierre, the NRA's vice president, in which he called for armed guards at every school in the wake of the Newtown tragedy. "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun," LaPierre said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/26/michael-nutter-nra_n_2366214.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003

NRA Press Conference: Wayne LaPierre Calls For Armed Police Officers At Every School: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/21/nra-press-conference_n_2346382.html

I have seen the light; I now agree with Nutter and most of the people on DU. It's a "completely dumbass idea" to have police in schools to stop a mass shooting. That just brings more guns and violence into the situation.

To be consistent, however, we must admit that calling police into a situation with an active school shooter is not much better. After all, it's the same thing, just a little later. Why would it be OK to have more guns and violence on the scene 5 to 10 minutes later? If dialing 911 causes the same negative effect with just a few minutes delay, obviously that's wrong too.

I don't want to speak ill of the dead, but charging the shooter was violent. So the admin and teachers at the school took two bad, violent actions--they called in more violence and guns to the area and they personally attacked the shooter.

It's understandable to make mistakes under extreme pressure, but with training and indoctrination everyone should do better.

If there is an active shooter in a school, teachers and administrators should try to help students escape, but under no circumstances should they resort to violence of any kind. And calling police after the shooting starts is little better than having one on site. Police simply add more guns and violence to an already bad situation. The principal should have an emergency button in her office to shut down all the phones and jam cell phones to prevent this natural mistake that teachers and students alike are prone to make.

Actually, come to think of it, why should anyone dial 911 regarding gunshots? If you're in a mall and there's an active shooter, doesn't calling the police simply add more guns and violence to the situation? Isn't that the lunatic, right wing position of the fool at the head of the NRA?!

The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

We have to get beyond such right wing, cowboy thinking. No one should ever call the police to an active shooting or gun crime.

I feel so much better, now that I've seen the light.

83 replies, 3877 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 83 replies Author Time Post
Reply Right Wing Extremist LaPierre's Lunatic Plan for Police in Schools Debunked (Original post)
TPaine7 Dec 2012 OP
PeaceNikki Dec 2012 #1
TPaine7 Dec 2012 #9
tledford Dec 2012 #79
bongbong Dec 2012 #2
TPaine7 Dec 2012 #3
samsingh Dec 2012 #4
TPaine7 Dec 2012 #6
samsingh Dec 2012 #7
TPaine7 Dec 2012 #27
samsingh Dec 2012 #33
nadinbrzezinski Dec 2012 #34
samsingh Dec 2012 #35
TPaine7 Dec 2012 #5
PeaceNikki Dec 2012 #8
TPaine7 Dec 2012 #10
PeaceNikki Dec 2012 #11
EOTE Dec 2012 #15
TPaine7 Dec 2012 #17
bobclark86 Dec 2012 #59
EOTE Dec 2012 #12
TPaine7 Dec 2012 #13
EOTE Dec 2012 #14
TPaine7 Dec 2012 #16
EOTE Dec 2012 #19
TPaine7 Dec 2012 #24
EOTE Dec 2012 #29
TPaine7 Dec 2012 #36
EOTE Dec 2012 #39
TPaine7 Dec 2012 #43
EOTE Dec 2012 #44
TPaine7 Dec 2012 #51
EOTE Dec 2012 #54
TPaine7 Dec 2012 #63
EOTE Dec 2012 #67
bongbong Dec 2012 #18
EOTE Dec 2012 #21
TPaine7 Dec 2012 #22
bongbong Dec 2012 #28
TPaine7 Dec 2012 #30
bongbong Dec 2012 #37
farminator3000 Dec 2012 #20
TPaine7 Dec 2012 #23
EOTE Dec 2012 #38
TPaine7 Dec 2012 #41
EOTE Dec 2012 #42
TPaine7 Dec 2012 #55
EOTE Dec 2012 #57
TPaine7 Dec 2012 #61
EOTE Dec 2012 #65
TPaine7 Dec 2012 #69
EOTE Dec 2012 #73
TPaine7 Dec 2012 #76
EOTE Dec 2012 #77
EOTE Dec 2012 #78
TPaine7 Dec 2012 #71
Proud Liberal Dem Dec 2012 #25
TPaine7 Dec 2012 #26
EOTE Dec 2012 #31
unblock Dec 2012 #32
TPaine7 Dec 2012 #40
unblock Dec 2012 #45
EOTE Dec 2012 #46
TPaine7 Dec 2012 #58
EOTE Dec 2012 #47
farminator3000 Dec 2012 #48
EOTE Dec 2012 #49
TPaine7 Dec 2012 #50
EOTE Dec 2012 #53
TPaine7 Dec 2012 #64
EOTE Dec 2012 #66
TPaine7 Dec 2012 #70
EOTE Dec 2012 #75
patrice Dec 2012 #52
Pholus Dec 2012 #81
Pholus Dec 2012 #56
bongbong Dec 2012 #60
TPaine7 Dec 2012 #62
EOTE Dec 2012 #68
TPaine7 Dec 2012 #72
EOTE Dec 2012 #74
Pholus Dec 2012 #83
EOTE Dec 2012 #80
spanone Dec 2012 #82

Response to TPaine7 (Original post)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 12:00 PM

1. I can tell you're being sarcastic, but I am not sure what your point REALLY is here.

Oh, on edit, your profile make it clear.

What you're really saying is the NRA is right.. 'MORE GUNZ!!!1!!'

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to PeaceNikki (Reply #1)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 12:22 PM

9. No, no, no! I've repented and seen the light. You should welcome me into the fold,

not condemn me for my old errors!

Reply to this post

Response to PeaceNikki (Reply #1)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 07:23 PM

79. There IS no point. eom

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 12:02 PM

2. LOL

> I feel so much better, now that I've seen the light.

I'm reading that as "I feel so much better, now that I'm posting the latest Talking Points from my bosses at th NRA"

This latest NRA Talking Point only makes "sense" if you assume that teachers & cops are equally trained in the usage of guns to bring down the "bad guys".

Could the NRA hire smarter people to churn out their Talking Points? The current crew are laughable idiots. Probably Delicate Flowers themselves, which would explain it.

Reply to this post

Response to bongbong (Reply #2)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 12:07 PM

3. The recommendation was for POLICE OFFICERS at schools, according to HUFFINGTONPOST,

or didn't you read the OP?

I assume that COPS are equally trained in the usage of guns to bring down the "bad guys" to COPS. I would be interested in hearing your logic if you disagree.

Reply to this post

Response to TPaine7 (Reply #3)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 12:12 PM

4. crazy wayne's idea is like a donut company telling people to start throwing up their

food to avoid packing on weight.

Reply to this post

Response to samsingh (Reply #4)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 12:15 PM

6. You're right, of course. Now if we could only stop those 911 calls. nt

Reply to this post

Response to TPaine7 (Reply #6)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 12:18 PM

7. and people should just stop eating anything

to lose weight.
afterall, why tell people to portion control, when they should just stop eating altogether.

Reply to this post

Response to samsingh (Reply #7)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 01:26 PM

27. Hey, I agree with Nutter, don't you???! Are you one of those gun nuts or a good Democrat? nt

Reply to this post

Response to TPaine7 (Reply #27)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 01:47 PM

33. i'm a good Democrat.

Reply to this post

Response to samsingh (Reply #33)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 01:48 PM

34. I highly recommend you stop the feeding

Serious.

Reply to this post

Response to nadinbrzezinski (Reply #34)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 01:49 PM

35. done after this post

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 12:14 PM

5. Why is it that some people can't read and understand anything that has to do with guns?

I even highlighted the relevant part; the call was for armed police officers.

And you still couldn't read and comprehend it.

Why is that?

Reply to this post

Response to TPaine7 (Reply #5)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 12:20 PM

8. Your attempt at whimsical hilarious snark and sarcasm failed.

Reply to this post

Response to PeaceNikki (Reply #8)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 12:25 PM

10. What snark?! What sarcasm?!

This is the pure, politically approved, anti-gun gospel. No sarcasm or snark involved.

I now agree with Nutter and with you.

Reply to this post

Response to TPaine7 (Reply #10)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 12:28 PM

11. Exactly. FAIL.

I'm done kicking your stupid fucking thread. Have fun, dude.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 12:41 PM

15. I'm guessing that anyone with greater than a 60 IQ wants nothing to do with the NRA.

After all, guns are great compensators for the lack of things like courage, intelligence, endowment etc.

The NRA, keeping stupid, racist people packing heat since 1871.

Reply to this post

Response to EOTE (Reply #15)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 12:46 PM

17. Exactly. nt

Reply to this post

Response to EOTE (Reply #15)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 05:24 PM

59. More like the 1980s when they got political...

but yeah. You've got the basic idea.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 12:31 PM

12. It's ok. Some people just don't get logic.

But go back home and give your arsenal a big hug tonight, let them know how important they are to you. Because, after all, you never know when they might be taken from you. Sicko.

Reply to this post

Response to EOTE (Reply #12)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 12:33 PM

13. Confession is good for the soul, they say. There are logic classes you could take. nt

Reply to this post

Response to TPaine7 (Reply #13)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 12:36 PM

14. You are sick, seriously.

You honestly need to get help. You are so blind as to not see that the U.S. has by far the most gun violence and deaths in the developed world and... imaging this, the most fucking guns. Honestly, you are well past mentally deficient if you think that the answer to reducing gun violence in this country is more gun. Also, you go well past sucking in terms of satire, satire is supposed to make you think and generally satire comes about FROM thinking. So in the future, I suggest you THINK before attempting satire again. You come off sounding like a 5 year old crying to mommy that the neighbor kids want to take his toys. Only, you know, a little less bright.

Reply to this post

Response to EOTE (Reply #14)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 12:45 PM

16. We need to keep guns out of our schools... I agree.

You honestly need to get help. You are so blind as to not see that the U.S. has by far the most gun violence and deaths in the developed world and... imaging this, the most fucking guns. Honestly, you are well past mentally deficient if you think that the answer to reducing gun violence in this country is more gun.

Exactly. I agree.

Also, you go well past sucking in terms of satire, satire is supposed to make you think and generally satire comes about FROM thinking. So in the future, I suggest you THINK before attempting satire again. You come off sounding like a 5 year old crying to mommy that the neighbor kids want to take his toys. Only, you know, a little less bright.

This part doesn't make sense. Why are you attacking me; we're on the same side?! And you're arguing like a right winger. You sound like one of those stupid gun nuts who won't actually address the point but rely on insults and diversion. We should never stoop to their level.

For example, they think Nutter, you and I are wrong, but not one of those dimwits has even attempted to poke a hole in the logic of calling armed police in the schools a dumbassed idea. Not one!

Let's respect each other and direct our arguments against those stupid gun nuts who can't even make arguments. OK?.

Peace.

Reply to this post

Response to TPaine7 (Reply #16)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 12:50 PM

19. Once again, satire takes intelligence. If I were you, I'd consider giving it up.

Good satire is subtle. I've seen the attempts that Freepers make at satire and honestly, yours is even below theirs. You ARE a gun nut, and don't think for one second you're fooling anyone. Satire only works if you're reasonably good at it, watching you attempt satire is like watching an acorn working on a college thesis, it's just not happening. So you can continue with the idiocy, are you can attempt to make a cogent, intelligent argument. Based upon your writing above, I'm quite sure that anything intelligent is out of the question.

Reply to this post

Response to EOTE (Reply #19)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 01:12 PM

24. Wow. You on the other hand, are quite impressive. Your logic is awesome. I love the way you

actually address the points Nutter made and how they logically fit together. And how, without insulting your opponent, you show the truth with such clarity. You must be a genius.

I stand in awe.

Reply to this post

Response to TPaine7 (Reply #24)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 01:36 PM

29. Reasonable people shouldn't need to wonder why this is idiotic, and you said you agreed with him.

Now you're trying to say you don't? That sounds like something an idiot would do, you're not an idiot, are you?

It's INSANE to expose our children to a fascist climate like that, day after day, removing them of a normal childhood. Because immature children like yourself can't control yourselves. It's insane rather than addressing the root cause of a problem, we turn schools into police state zones where they might even be more exposed to violence as guns can be stolen. Your argument is well beyond idiotic, it is immature and evil. Logic enough for you, ass?

Reply to this post

Response to EOTE (Reply #29)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 01:51 PM

36. Of course I agree with him. And since you disagree with me, you disagree with him. Therefore, I

expected to see you refute him.

What's wrong with you? I would expect someone of your towering intellect to get that with ease.

Are you simultaneously playing chess with a thousand masters while composing a symphony and inventing new energy technology. Again?!

It's INSANE to expose our children to a fascist climate like that, day after day, removing them of a normal childhood. Because immature children like yourself can't control yourselves. It's insane rather than addressing the root cause of a problem, we turn schools into police state zones where they might even be more exposed to violence as guns can be stolen. Your argument is well beyond idiotic, it is immature and evil. Logic enough for you, ass?

You're mean. I just saw the truth and I'm trying to learn and grow. Of course guns get stolen off police officers by schoolchildren all the time. And I don't want fascism. Nutter was speaking at too high a level for a new convert to follow, but you've cleared it up. But your insults, like calling me an ass, could be counterproductive. If I weren't such a strong new convert, I might be chased back into the arms of the gun nuts.

Thanks for the brilliant analysis, but your people skills could use some work. I realize that on this site it's perfectly OK for a smart, noble person like yourself who has always opposed gun lunacy to call a new convert like me an ass. It certainly won't be condemned by a DU jury, but it might be counterproductive.

*Said with head hung low and all due respect*

Reply to this post

Response to TPaine7 (Reply #36)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 01:59 PM

39. OK, then you're suggesting that calling 911 is a bad thing?

That makes you utterly devoid of intellect. In other words, you have the IQ of toast. You're really so stupid as to not understand the benefit of 911? 911 and similar emergency lines save thousands, perhaps millions of people every year. And you're so incredibly dense that you think we should do away with it? Dear god, I thought the freepers were stupid, but you somehow manage to take stupidity to some whole other awesome level. Congratulations, I guess. This is why children shouldn't attempt satire.

Reply to this post

Response to EOTE (Reply #39)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 02:10 PM

43. If the emergency line saves lives, keep the line. It's cops in the school that's the problem, not

emergency lines.

I guess it's ok to have the lines as long as the cops stay out of the schools.

Reply to this post

Response to TPaine7 (Reply #43)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 02:12 PM

44. So I guess your idiotic attempt at satire fell pretty flat, huh Corky?

So your suggestion that if having armed guards in school is bad means that 911 is also bad was a pretty fucking stupid argument, huh? Once again, satire takes intelligence. If you suck this badly at intelligence and satire, I can only imagine how piss poor you are with a gun. More than anything, I fear for your loved ones.

On edit: Now that you realize how stupid your "911 is bad" argument is, the entirety of your post is now "Wayne LaPierre is an idiot." You see, once you give up your attempt at satire, you can make a pretty decent argument.

Reply to this post

Response to EOTE (Reply #44)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 04:54 PM

51. Does your argument make sense to you? Really? Wow you're smart!!!

Reply to this post

Response to TPaine7 (Reply #51)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 04:58 PM

54. So you've kind of given up on even appearing to act intelligently, huh?

Given up on attempting to use satire and now have lowered yourself to just stupid snark? Well, I do have to say that stupid snark is far more fitting of your intellectual level.

Reply to this post

Response to EOTE (Reply #54)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 05:58 PM

63. Beside your brilliance, what chance did I have? nt

Reply to this post

Response to TPaine7 (Reply #63)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 06:23 PM

67. Considering your inability to consider more than one thought in a day, none.

Once again, NRA thinking isn't thinking so much as parroting that douchebag LaPierre's platitudes. Thank you for illustrating beyond a reasonable doubt the mental deficiencies of the NRA crowd.

Reply to this post

Response to EOTE (Reply #14)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 12:46 PM

18. Great post

Reply to this post

Response to bongbong (Reply #18)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 12:55 PM

21. Thanks. NT

Reply to this post

Response to bongbong (Reply #18)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 01:02 PM

22. I admire your reading skills. First you couldn't tell the difference between "teacher" and "police"

and now you can't see that we're on the same side.

I agree with you, bongbong!

New converts sure get a poor reception around here.

Reply to this post

Response to TPaine7 (Reply #22)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 01:33 PM

28. LOL

> First you couldn't tell the difference between "teacher" and "police"

But I know the difference between "lame attempt at ultra-lame satire by somebody so lame that they're too scared to walk to the corner without a gun" and "normal thoughts by normal people".

Reply to this post

Response to bongbong (Reply #28)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 01:37 PM

30. Do you mean "Abby Normal" (obscure movie reference)?

But you're not merely normal, you're exceptional.

I've known that since I read your first post.

Reply to this post

Response to TPaine7 (Reply #30)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 01:55 PM

37. More laughs

I see you're moving from lame satire to lame insults.

I'd call your move predictable, but that adjective is applied so constantly to Delicate Flowers that it risks becoming a cliche.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 12:54 PM

20. go debunk yourself it'll take less than a minute

you-
To be consistent, however, we must admit that calling police into a situation with an active school shooter is not much better.

i say-
everything you typed after that is MEANINGLESS. nobody has to admit to some crap you typed that doesn't make sense logically or chronologically. you deserve a pay cut at least. if you even came up with that.

you know its bad when a MAYOR uses 'dumbass' officially!

Reply to this post

Response to farminator3000 (Reply #20)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 01:07 PM

23. You rock! If having a police officer there when the shooting starts is bad,

there is no reason whatsoever to think that calling one there after the shooting has started isn't wonderful.

You're right.

Police there before shooting = dumbass idea
Police there a few minutes later = not a dumbass idea

I've got it now. I just recently converted to the truth. You guys sure are harsh to new converts.

I was wrong to see any logical connection between those two ideas. Forgive me.

Reply to this post

Response to TPaine7 (Reply #23)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 01:56 PM

38. Not the brightest bulb, are you?

In fact, it's pretty damned likely your bulb has burned out, hasn't it? Having guns in every school will absolutely ensure that more gun violence takes place in schools. For every school shooting averted, there will be hundreds of accidents that will cause numerous fatalities. There is absolutely no doubt that having more guns around means that there is more gun violence. Even people purchasing guns strictly for protection are far more likely to kill or injure themselves or loved ones with it. However, there is definitive proof that 911 saves lives. It does a damned good job of saving lives. Do you understand any of this? Sorry, I forgot who I was talking to, of course you don't understand.

Reply to this post

Response to EOTE (Reply #38)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 02:04 PM

41. "There is absolutely no doubt that having more guns around means that there is more gun violence."

Agreed.

However, there is definitive proof that 911 saves lives. It does a damned good job of saving lives. Do you understand any of this?

Hey, wait. 911 get the police to come to the school. That means there are more guns around. More violence too.

I agree with Nutter, not the NRA.

Reply to this post

Response to TPaine7 (Reply #41)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 02:08 PM

42. Responding to a situation where violence is eminent with a police force reduces incidences of

violence. Do you understand that?

Also, having more guns around 100% of the time (pay attention to that figure, Corky) makes gun violence much more likely.

Those are two statements which are entirely compatible with each other. Being an adult means being able to reconcile more than one thought at a time in one's head. If you struggle really hard, you might just be able to keep more than one thought in your head. Good luck, Corky.

Reply to this post

Response to EOTE (Reply #42)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 05:03 PM

55. So that would imply that the mere presence of a police officer "makes more gun violence much more

likely."

No wonder Nutter and others don't want police around children all day.

The strange thing is--and I don't intend to question your brilliance or the intellectual rigor of your analysis one bit, please forgive me raising this at all-- is that mayors in that group, like Nutter and Bloomberg, have police details 100% of the time:

According to investigators, 45-year-old Nicholas Campolongo, a Philadelphia Police officer who is a member of Mayor Nutter’s security detail, was driving a city-owned SUV northbound on MLK Drive. As the officer was attempting to turn onto Montgomery Drive, a civilian vehicle traveling southbound slammed into the city vehicle, spinning it around.

I'm new at this anti-gun belief and you're so brilliant, but I don't know how I would explain that to one of those obnoxious gun nuts.

Reply to this post

Response to TPaine7 (Reply #55)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 05:08 PM

57. Once again, you think that employing something .00001% of the time and 100% are equivalent.

That's is really fucking stupid, I would have thought you'd understand that by now.

And now you're stating that the security detail for government figures and school children should be the same. Does it hurt making such stupid comparisons? If not, it should. It should be incredibly painful being that stupid, yet unfortunately, ignorance is bliss.

Now let's go back to your anti 911 stance.

On edit: Let me see if I can explain this like a child might understand. In spite of the media coverage, school shootings are actually fairly rare (yet still occur far too often). Because of that rarity, putting additional guns in schools would make it far more likely that kids and others would be hurt or killed by those very same guns than by any external guns. Extremely public figures like Presidents, Mayors and so forth have far, far more bad guys with guns who'd like to kill them. Due to that fact, in spite of the fact that having more people with guns around them is very dangerous, it's less dangerous than having those many gun nuts have unfettered access to people they want to kill. Understand, Jimmy?

Reply to this post

Response to EOTE (Reply #57)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 05:55 PM

61. Wow, that's brilliant!

Once again, you think that employing something .00001% of the time and 100% are equivalent.

No, that's not what I think at all.

On edit: Let me see if I can explain this like a child might understand. In spite of the media coverage, school shootings are actually fairly rare (yet still occur far too often).

No they are not rare. They happen all the time. I would expect a comment about them being rare to come from the NRA.

Because of that rarity, putting additional guns in schools would make it far more likely that kids and others would be hurt or killed by those very same guns than by any external guns.

I'm sure that you have something to back that up besides your natural brilliance. Like for instance, the fact that more kids are hurt or killed on average in school shootings by armed security in the 1/3 of schools that already have it--and many of those guards are not even cops--than are killed on average in the other 2/3 of schools in schools that have no armed security.

Oh, and I'm sure lots of kids are killed or hurt by the teachers who already carry legally?

If I only data showing the high likelihood of death by cops and CCW teachers--and I am oh so sure it exists--I could answer any questions. I know, I'll just source "EOTE's intuition and imagination." That should convince anyone

Extremely public figures like Presidents, Mayors and so forth have far, far more bad guys with guns who'd like to kill them. Due to that fact, in spite of the fact that having more people with guns around them is very dangerous, it's less dangerous than having those many gun nuts have unfettered access to people they want to kill. Understand, Jimmy?

I've spent considerable time around cops I know. And they carry, even off duty. I didn't think it was "very dangerous" to be around them, and they didn't seem to think it was "very dangerous" but none of us are as smart as you, I guess.

Now that I'm enlightened, I guess I'll have to make sure not to go on trips or hang out with off duty police officers. Thanks for your great wisdom.

You're so smart!!!

Reply to this post

Response to TPaine7 (Reply #61)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 06:20 PM

65. Once again, you need to be able to process more than one thought a day.

1) You do think they're equivalent. That's why you think that if guns are capable of stopping a bad person, they should be put in all schools, 100% of the time when they'd be utilized .0001% of the time.

2) School shootings ARE very rare. So rare in fact that less than .01% of schools have ever experienced a shooting. Every year there are maybe a couple of school shootings when there are over a hundred thousand schools in this country. I know math isn't your forte, but you can do the math. That doesn't mean that it's not a very bad problem and needs to be addressed. Once again, two thoughts which are very compatible. I know keeping one thought in your head at one time is hard, but in order to engage in complex though (lol), you'll need to keep at least two of them in your head.

3) As of right now, there is ZERO information to suggest that armed guards in schools deters violence. Right now there's very little information either way, but you're suggesting that rather than going to the ROOT of the problem, we need to be terrorizing our children and denying them a normal childhood? That's disgusting, and gun nuts like you need to realize that.

4) Need I even bother? Your arguments are so idiotic, a parrot could debunk them. Why don't you go back to telling us how dangerous 911 is? You do know that for satire to work, at some point you need to say that you're using reductio ad absurdum (again, lol), so that you can actually go about making an argument. As it is, you're just flinging your crap around like a crazed ape. Again, maybe thinking isn't for you. You seem more of the shooting type.

Reply to this post

Response to EOTE (Reply #65)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 06:48 PM

69. No.

1) You do think they're equivalent. That's why you think that if guns are capable of stopping a bad person, they should be put in all schools, 100% of the time when they'd be utilized .0001% of the time.

No, I'm against the NRA position.

School shootings ARE very rare. So rare in fact that less than .01% of schools have ever experienced a shooting. Every year there are maybe a couple of school shootings when there are over a hundred thousand schools in this country. I know math isn't your forte, but you can do the math. That doesn't mean that it's not a very bad problem and needs to be addressed.

No they're not rare. And you're the guy who thinks being around cops all day is "very dangerous"?!!! Rare school shootings, indeed. That sounds like an NRA talking point.

3) As of right now, there is ZERO information to suggest that armed guards in schools deters violence. Right now there's very little information either way, but you're suggesting that rather than going to the ROOT of the problem, we need to be terrorizing our children and denying them a normal childhood? That's disgusting, and gun nuts like you need to realize that.

Wow! You've totally retreated from your "having more people {cops} with guns around them is very dangerous" stance and are retreating to "normal childhood" and "terrorizing"? I never said that armed guards in schools deters violence, the subject was armed POLICE OFFICERS, and even so I never said that they deterred violence.

Your quick retreat from your "very dangerous" position along with your diversionary tactics make me fear encounters with gun nuts. If even you, as great as you are, can't back up what you say, I am worried about facing NRA types.

4) Need I even bother? Your arguments are so idiotic, a parrot could debunk them. Why don't you go back to telling us how dangerous 911 is? You do know that for satire to work, at some point you need to say that you're using reductio ad absurdum (again, lol), so that you can actually go about making an argument. As it is, you're just flinging your crap around like a crazed ape. Again, maybe thinking isn't for you. You seem more of the shooting type.

Yes, you're brilliant, but even you can't back up what you said. You run from your own points. I need to find a better mentor in this anti-gun belief system.

Reply to this post

Response to TPaine7 (Reply #69)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 07:07 PM

73. Ok, so you admit that the NRA and its followers are idiotic, bloodthirsty assholes.

Sorry, I should have believed you when you said you were sincere. Now that you know the NRA and those defending them are disgusting, moronic cretins who would rather jerk off to their guns and compensate for their other shortcomings than try to save children, all we need to do is to get you to understand how incredibly stupid and dangerous your anti 911 stance is.

On edit: And in spite of your anti-NRA stance, you still lack the ability to think. Out of 100,000 schools in the country, a couple of them experience shootings. That's the very definition of rare. But in spite of that, it's a terrible problem which needs to be addressed. There should be NO school shootings.

Reply to this post

Response to EOTE (Reply #73)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 07:15 PM

76. Ok, I'm bored now and you're too stupid to see that your BS fell apart and you had to resort to

evasion, retreat and talk about jerking off, cretins and compensation.

I feel sorry for you, especially when I remember that you think you're smart.

You're dismissed, you poor fool.

Note to the jury that will certainly be called: Read the comments by this poster towards me and take this post in context. Do what you think is right, but at least get the context.

Reply to this post

Response to TPaine7 (Reply #76)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 07:19 PM

77. MY BS? You're the idiot who suggests NOT calling 911 when in mortal danger?

There are no words to describe that idiocy. Do you know how many millions of additional people would be dead if they followed your advice? There is no defense for that kind of idiocy. You're trying to get people killed and that's disgusting. Your absolutely moronic stance is going to get people killed? Have you no sense of decency? Your position is even more disgusting and moronic than the NRA who you lambaste so sternly. Your position is homicidal and insane. 911 saves lives you sicko!

Reply to this post

Response to TPaine7 (Reply #76)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 07:20 PM

78. And what BS are you referring to? You hate the NRA as much as I do.

You think they and their supporters are blood-thirsty morons. I'm just agreeing with you, why are you being so hostile? And for the record, I have no intention of alerting or voting to hide your post. I think your idiocy should be on display for all to see.

Reply to this post

Response to EOTE (Reply #65)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 01:15 PM

25. Why stop at having an armed police officer in schools

why not just train and arm the teachers like they're doing in Utah right now?

Reply to this post

Response to Proud Liberal Dem (Reply #25)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 01:23 PM

26. Obviously police officers don't belong in schools, never mind armed teachers. We agree. nt

Reply to this post

Response to Proud Liberal Dem (Reply #25)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 01:40 PM

31. Clearly kids must be trained in gun use too.

After all, the only way to stop an evil kid with a gun is a good kid with a gun. I think children must be properly trained with assault weapons before graduating to the first grade. But fuck... what do we do about the kindergartners? Clearly the only resolution for this is in utero weapons training.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 01:44 PM

32. this is a truly facile argument.

the difference between having trained, armed personnel on site 100% of the time vs. having trained, armed personnel arrive at the scene a few minutes later is NOT merely the time difference.

by far the bigger difference is the TIME and probability that weapons are on site. 100% of the time with 100% certainty vs. only for a few minutes in the 0.0001% chance they'll actually be needed.

it's that huge presence when they're NOT needed that presents all manner of problems and risk. whatever the advantage is of having a few minutes jump on the situation in terms of having an armed defence on site (unclear, given that mass shooters will simply plan for this, but sure, there's likely some small benefit) is completely dwarfed by the extra risk from having the weapons there the rest of the time.

if, say, two armed personnel (be they cops, teachers, security guards, whatever) were at each school in the country, we would see a huge surge in smaller incidents -- accidental shootings, armed personnel getting bored and falling asleep or getting bopped on the head and school kids taking their gun and bad things happen from there, etc. not the sensational mass killings, but probably more school kids and teachers would die across the country. nevermind problems with guards or teachers getting frustrated while armed, and anyone who has worked in a school will tell you that few jobs can be more frustrating....

Reply to this post

Response to unblock (Reply #32)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 02:01 PM

40. Per MSNBC, 1/3 of US Schools have armed security now.

if, say, two armed personnel (be they cops, teachers, security guards, whatever) were at each school in the country, we would see a huge surge in smaller incidents -- accidental shootings, armed personnel getting bored and falling asleep or getting bopped on the head and school kids taking their gun and bad things happen from there, etc.

Obviously and self-evidently true. But with 1/3 of schools having armed security now, it seems like there should be some evidence. I myself need nothing but faith, but what if I have to confront one of those crazy gun nuts? He might want to see evidence. What's a new believer to do?

Should I just tell him his argument is truly facile and leave it at that?

Reply to this post

Response to TPaine7 (Reply #40)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 02:33 PM

45. interestingly, your argument is nothing but sarcasm and mockery; yet you insist on evidence from me.

still, i'll provide a couple:

http://www.schoolsecurity.org/trends/school_violence04-05.html

November 12, 2004: New Orleans, LA

A school security guard shot a 16-year-old male student in the foot after reportedly observing him smoking marijuana under a tree outside the high school during class time. She reportedly approached him, he became aggressive, and then reached under his jacket for what she believed was a weapon, at which time she drew her gun and fired at him, striking him in the foot.

January 20, 2005: Hartford, CT

An 18-year-old male shooting victim staggered into an elementary school and then left when confronted by a school security guard. The male was reportedly shot while walking into the school, according to reports. The school was put into a lockdown for 30 minutes past their regular dismissal time.

Reply to this post

Response to unblock (Reply #45)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 03:28 PM

46. Which once again proves one should be required to be licensed to employ sarcasm.

It's really pathetic to see sarcasm used in the manner above. One should at least have an inkling of what sarcasm is before using it.

Reply to this post

Response to unblock (Reply #45)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 05:14 PM

58. Hmmmm... "reportedly shot while walking into the school, according to reports"

Those two anecdotes are overwhelming.

And your source doesn't tell us why the 18yo was "reportedly" shot. Perhaps he had a weapon and the guard stopped a school shooting? Your source doesn't say, so we can't be sure which column that one goes into.

I wonder how many schools there used to be with armed security--how many changed their minds because of the overwhelming slaughter?

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 04:47 PM

47. This thread went exactly how you expected it to, didn't it?

One thing about satire, it generally doesn't work when your audience is much, much smarter than you.

Reply to this post

Response to EOTE (Reply #47)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 04:51 PM

48. ha!

we should form a team. you wanna be batman or robin?

Reply to this post

Response to farminator3000 (Reply #48)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 04:52 PM

49. I'm Nightwing. I work on my own :p. NT

Reply to this post

Response to EOTE (Reply #47)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 04:53 PM

50. Oh yes, that is true. Anyone reading what you wrote can tell that you are very smart indeed. nt

Reply to this post

Response to TPaine7 (Reply #50)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 04:56 PM

53. Nah, I'm not that bright. Just much, much smarter than you.

If I can destroy your argument, just think of what someone with actual smarts could do if he actually put some time and thought into it? You believe that if someone can die from drinking too much water, we must ban water. It's pretty fucking easy to destroy that kind of "logic".

Reply to this post

Response to EOTE (Reply #53)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 06:06 PM

64. You're not that bright?!! What?

You believe that if someone can die from drinking too much water, we must ban water.

Hey, wait, a minute. That's not my point. I agree with you and Nutter:

If someone can die from a police officer being in a school, we shouldn't station police officers in schools.

That's what Nutter and I believe (though 1/3 of schools have armed guards already--the right wing media must be suppressing the news of the slaughter caused by this "very dangerous" situation).

Reply to this post

Response to TPaine7 (Reply #64)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 06:21 PM

66. Hey Corkie, in order to utilize satire, at one point you have to admit it's satire.

If you're not employing satire, then you are well, well beyond stupid for suggesting we should not utilize 911. I mean, brain dead stupid. Are you really that fucking stupid? Christ you're one brain dead moron.

Reply to this post

Response to EOTE (Reply #66)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 06:51 PM

70. I'm not Christ. No worship, please. nt

Reply to this post

Response to TPaine7 (Reply #70)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 07:09 PM

75. Nope just so braindead that you believe that calling 911 when in danger should be avoided. NT

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 04:56 PM

52. If we shouldn't know who has guns in their homes, because that puts those people under threat from

gun nuts, wouldn't basically advertising that teachers are packing make them as much or more vulnerable to gun nuts invading schools?

Reply to this post

Response to patrice (Reply #52)

Sat Dec 29, 2012, 03:52 PM

81. Good observation! nt

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 05:06 PM

56. You're not yourself today. Here. Let me help you.

Doesn't that make you feel better now?

Reply to this post

Response to Pholus (Reply #56)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 05:32 PM

60. Uh oh

He's going to reply to your post typing with one hand.

Reply to this post

Response to Pholus (Reply #56)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 05:57 PM

62. No, I hate that thing! Gun porn is so disgusting. nt

Reply to this post

Response to TPaine7 (Reply #62)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 06:32 PM

68. Only an idiot would suggest not calling 911 when lives are in danger.

When you espouse such incredible idiocy, how can we take anything you say seriously? When someone utters ridiculously asinine bullshit like that, one can pretty much disregard anything else they say. Lemme guess, next you're going to suggest that diabetics need to stay away from insulin. It's idiotic thinking like yours that gets people killed. Your words are not only idiotic, they're incredibly dangerous.

Reply to this post

Response to EOTE (Reply #68)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 07:00 PM

72. Of course, whereas a genius like you thinks that being around cops all day is "very dangerous" nt

Reply to this post

Response to TPaine7 (Reply #72)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 07:08 PM

74. Not just dangerous, but a lot of cops are assholes.

And I prefer not to spend any more time around them than is necessary.

Reply to this post

Response to TPaine7 (Reply #62)

Sat Dec 29, 2012, 04:24 PM

83. First time I've heard it called "porn."

Those advertisers at Bushmaster SURE knew what was gonna sell!

Reply to this post

Sat Dec 29, 2012, 10:18 AM

80. Kick. LOL. NT

Reply to this post

Sat Dec 29, 2012, 03:56 PM

82. lapierre is ONE CRAZY FUCK. no sarcasm. fuck him and his gun lobby everyway possible.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread