HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » "Importing Russia’s ...

Thu Dec 27, 2012, 06:52 PM

"Importing Russia’s Top Gun" -NY Times a-kalashnikov-factory-in-russia-survives-on-sales-to-us-

Izhmash benefits from American gun laws that are looser than in its home market. In Russia, consumers can buy a long-barreled firearm only with a police permit, which requires a clean criminal sheet, a diploma from a gun safety course and a medical certificate of sanity. In the United States, laws vary by state, but buyers often need to clear only an F.B.I. criminal background check

which means anyone who isn't a convicted felon gets a gun, i believe? lawyers? buehler?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/15/business/a-kalashnikov-factory-in-russia-survives-on-sales-to-us-gun-owners.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

2 replies, 601 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply "Importing Russia’s Top Gun" -NY Times a-kalashnikov-factory-in-russia-survives-on-sales-to-us- (Original post)
farminator3000 Dec 2012 OP
Turbineguy Dec 2012 #1
Resonance_Chamber Dec 2012 #2

Response to farminator3000 (Original post)

Thu Dec 27, 2012, 07:02 PM

1. And my theory

that the modern American conservative movement is a product of the boffins of Dzerzhinsky Square comes full circle.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to farminator3000 (Original post)

Thu Dec 27, 2012, 07:21 PM

2. An AK is a great weapon to have when the doodie hits the fan

Think Hunger Games/Zombie Apocalypse kinda thing.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread