HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Kennedy Center Honors...

Wed Dec 26, 2012, 10:57 PM

Kennedy Center Honors...

Ann and Nancy Wilson just stole the show - as usual. Performed Stairway to Heaven.

2 replies, 570 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Kennedy Center Honors... (Original post)
smccarter Dec 2012 OP
tkmorris Dec 2012 #1
smccarter Dec 2012 #2

Response to smccarter (Original post)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 09:41 AM

1. Good to know they are still at it

Although I have to admit that Ann just hasn't seemed to have the lungs she used to in the last decade. No surprise there of course but it has caused her to change her vocal style quite a bit.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to smccarter (Original post)

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 10:05 PM

2. She's one of the greatest

I saw Heart in concert in the early '80's. John Mellencamp opened for them... his American Fool tour. Not sure why they paired them together, but it was a good show.

Saw Ann Wilson, Todd Rudgren, Alan Parson, John Entwhistle, and several others in the '90's doing a Beatles tribute tour. They all opened doing Beatles songs, then came out and did some of their own stuff. Ann Wilson absolutely stole that show. She's a national treasure if you ask me. What a tremendous voice. Stairway to Heaven was absolutely awesome. Jimmy Page was really digging it. Robert Plant seemed very moved by it. They mentioned it on the Letterman show the next night.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread