HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Tulsi Gabbard- Don't be f...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Dec 26, 2012, 01:41 PM

Tulsi Gabbard- Don't be fooled. She is a bigot and a DINO

She's a DINO. I've seen some support for her on this website. Don't be fooled. Tulsi, like her father, the famously homophobic Mike Gabbard who recently switched to the Democratic Party after being a lifetime Republican, realized that you can't do anything in Hawaii politics unless you have a D after your name. The family has been trying to break into national politics for some time now and they all have deep ties to a Hare Krisna splinter group headed by cult leader Chris Butler. PLEASE DO NO SUPPORT TULSI GABBARD! Read for your self, the whole thing:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/01/20/1056467/-Tulsi-Gabbard-The-Curiously-Conservative-and-Nepotistic-Network-of-a-Democratic-Candidate#

When HONOLULU asked Gabbard in an e-mail to clarify his former relationship with Butler's Krishna group, Gabbard's daughter, state Rep. Tulsi Gabbard Tamayo, sent us an angry e-mail in response. "I smell a skunk," Tamayo wrote. "It's clear to me that you're acting as a conduit for The Honolulu Weekly and other homosexual extremist supporters of Ed Case."

State Rep. Tulsi Gabbard Tamayo, D-42nd (Waipahu, Honouliuli, 'Ewa), Gabbard's daughter, said the figures released by her mother contradict a claim in the House resolution that gay and lesbian students are three times as likely as other students to face harassment.
Tamayo said a study that asks students questions about their sexuality would be a violation of student privacy. She also said many parents would see the study as an indirect attempt by government to encourage young people to question their sexual orientation.

Gabbard Tamayo said the harassment figures "show that our schools are not rampant with anti-gay harassment."

A bill that would give gay couples the opportunity to receive the same rights and privileges as married couples through civil unions appears to be dead at the Legislature this year, despite more than three hours of impassioned testimony last night from both sides of the debate.
Opponents , led by Rep. Tulsi Gabbard Tamayo, D-42nd (Waipahu, Honouliuli, 'Ewa), also held signs in protest outside the third-floor committee room.

Lot's more dirt at link. Tulsi is not who you think she is.

6 replies, 1521 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Tulsi Gabbard- Don't be fooled. She is a bigot and a DINO (Original post)
Kooljas Dec 2012 OP
dkf Dec 2012 #1
Kooljas Dec 2012 #2
dkf Dec 2012 #3
Kooljas Dec 2012 #4
dkf Dec 2012 #5
soleft Dec 2012 #6

Response to Kooljas (Original post)

Wed Dec 26, 2012, 01:56 PM

1. She said her military experience in Afghanistan turned her around 180 degrees...

Whe she realized how religious intolerance affected women.

Then she realized LGBT issues were in that same spectrum.

I am also not sure we can take her at her word, but I can see how a person would be changed by that.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to dkf (Reply #1)

Wed Dec 26, 2012, 02:07 PM

2. She served from 2004-2010

Here is something from her city council campaign in 2010. Plus it's established in the article, that her political campaign staffs itself with her father's people. She brings up her military service at the drop of a hat. It is political posturing because she knows that nobody will attack her for her military service, she's using it as a shield. These people are dirty, D-I-R-T-Y

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/20100905_Rivals_protest_endorsement_of_Tamayo_by_her_nonprofit.html?id=102247539

A tax-exempt charitable organization co-founded by Tulsi Gabbard Tamayo has been promoting her campaign for City Council on its website, prompting other candidates in the race to cry foul.
The nonprofit Stand Up for America was founded by Tamayo and her father, state Sen. Mike Gabbard, after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks to promote patriotism and America's unity as "one nation under God." It is exempt from paying income taxes and may receive tax-deductible contributions as a charitable organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service code.
Such nonprofits may not endorse political candidates. Since mid-July, Stand Up For America's website has featured a news release from the Tamayo campaign announcing her candidacy, highlighting her "record of proven leadership," and including quotations from Tamayo and a link to VoteTulsi.com, her campaign website.

Tamayo is vice president of the nonprofit and her father is its president. Contacted Friday, Tamayo said she didn't realize the news release and campaign link were on the nonprofit's website.

Reply to this post

Response to Kooljas (Reply #2)

Wed Dec 26, 2012, 02:12 PM

3. She is oddly savvy about this stuff.

And I must admit her family is really odd.

I'm still watching her.

Reply to this post

Response to dkf (Reply #3)

Wed Dec 26, 2012, 02:20 PM

4. That's all I ask.

If there is some beat reporter(is there still such a thing?) out there digging into her finances and her past, I think she has a real potential to implode on Capitol Hill a la Jim Traficant. I'm going to be watching her voting record on the Hill like a hawk.

Reply to this post

Response to Kooljas (Original post)

Wed Dec 26, 2012, 02:22 PM

5. Geez how does she do it? Kal Penn backs his 'homie' Tulsi Gabbard

Actor Kal Penn has a suggestion for who should take late Sen. Daniel Inouye’s seat.

“Imagine having a young Senator who gets it?” he tweeted on Wednesday. “My homie @TulsiGabbard, combat vet, 32, could be nominated!”

The “Harold and Kumar” star – who worked in the Obama White House and on the president’s reelection campaign – included a link to a petition in favor of Gabbard.

Hawaii Rep.-elect Gabbard announced her intention to seek the vancat seat earlier this week.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/click/2012/12/kal-penn-backs-his-homie-tulsi-gabbard-152809.html

Reply to this post

Response to dkf (Reply #5)

Wed Dec 26, 2012, 02:30 PM

6. Maddow seemed impressed with her recently

But it may have just been a heads up that she's a rising star

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread