HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » A bit more on Crapo, the ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Dec 26, 2012, 09:15 AM

A bit more on Crapo, the Idaho Repub Senator arrested for DWI

From MugShots:

*Blood alcohol was .110 (.08 is the limit in Virginia)
*He's a member of the bi-partisan "Gang of Eight," a group of senators who are working together in an attempt to prevent the so-called "Fiscal Cliff"

Michael Crapo was arrested by the Alexandria Police Department in Virginia on December 23, 2012 for driving under the influence. According to the police, Crapo was pulled over for running a red light and failed a series of field sobriety tests. He was placed under arrested and taken to the Adult Detention Center and released after posting an unsecured $1,000 bond. According to news reports, his blood-alcohol content was .110; the legal limit to drive in Virgina is .08.

Crapo is a three-term Republican U.S. Senator from Idaho. He was first elected to the Senate in 1999 after serving six years in the U.S. House of Representatives. The senator is a Mormon who reportedly abstains from alcohol. He is a member of the so-called "Gang of Eight" which is a bipartisan group of senators who are working together in an attempt to prevent the impending Fiscal Cliff.

http://mugshots.com/Current-Events/Michael-Crapo.34265073.html

6 replies, 952 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply A bit more on Crapo, the Idaho Repub Senator arrested for DWI (Original post)
KansDem Dec 2012 OP
brewens Dec 2012 #1
Cleita Dec 2012 #2
Coyotl Dec 2012 #3
Cleita Dec 2012 #5
Cleita Dec 2012 #4
Lane1340 Dec 2012 #6

Response to KansDem (Original post)

Wed Dec 26, 2012, 09:27 AM

1. The mugshot isn't what I was hoping for. What he blew isn't really all that drunk

for anyone that drinks regularly. That might be a six pack for a lot of guys. Over the limit by a ways but not enough to have you drunk enough to blow through a red light and not know it. I'd bet he was on his cell phone or something like that too.

I was hoping for more of a drunk Nick Nolte mug!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to brewens (Reply #1)

Wed Dec 26, 2012, 09:44 AM

2. How drunk he was isn't the point. He claims to be a teetotaler in a state that

has a large Mormon population, hence the hypocrisy, but we know Republicans are.

Reply to this post

Response to Cleita (Reply #2)

Wed Dec 26, 2012, 09:58 AM

3. He is a Mormon. They oppose alcohol.

Reply to this post

Response to Coyotl (Reply #3)

Wed Dec 26, 2012, 10:02 AM

5. See my reply #4. It was meant for you. n/t

Reply to this post

Response to Cleita (Reply #2)

Wed Dec 26, 2012, 10:02 AM

4. I know he's a Mormon. I lived in Idaho and he used to be my senator.

The Mormons prop up the politicians they want in office in Idaho. Very few Democrats even have a chance.

Reply to this post

Response to KansDem (Original post)

Reply to this thread