HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Geez, why does CBSLocal.c...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Dec 24, 2012, 07:48 PM

Geez, why does CBSLocal.com attract the most bigoted comments ever?

I have pointed out here and here about bigotry and general wingnutiness on comments sections after news stories on CBSLocal.com websites (the sites of local CBS TV/radio stations). Well, I found this story from CBS St. Louis "Couple Accused Of Slapping Elderly Best Buy Employee" (OK, which intern wrote the title...the story actually reports that a man named Hickey Greenwood beat the Best Buy employee while his wife Latoya Greenwood screamed obscenities at the employee). A well-moderated comment section would be condemning the action and keeping the discussion on topic. However, you know all goes downhill from there when the most-upvoted comment is: "The name "Latoya" tells me all I need to know....big surprise (sarcasm)" This is not the Blaze, Daily Caller, Hot Air, etc. I'm talking about. CBS (a.k.a. the liberal media)!!! Then...

"And I knew the victim was white as soon as the lamestream media article did not state it."

"Yep, no mug shot, the headline, and the names is all I needed. I am surprised they didn't give the suspects white names to protect Obamas supporters."

"Well... we know they didn't buy a phone. Obama has that covered." (Sounds more like ReaganPhones to me...)

"When will crimes against white people be considered hate crimes since whites are a minority in the US? The illegal Obama voters are not included in the census. They are not white. After years of working in HR, I am very familiar with the Latoyas, T'Keyshawns and Margueritas of the world. They ALWAYS pull the race card, without fail. So predictable. Every. Single. Time." (Oh my, which shoddy company do you work for?)

And then more and more and more off-topic replies under this one Latoya comment about the end of white people, seizure of guns, and any crazy anti-Obama grievance you can think about.

The second-most-upvoted comment? "Monkeys acting like monkeys, go figure....." If you can't figure out what's wrong with this comment, DU isn't for you!

The third referred to "feral blacks".

I flagged them all. When did this country go so bad?

(Upon further googling I found out that Hickey Thompson was a running back at Michigan State in the early '90s and Latoya Greenwood works at the local school district.)

4 replies, 1024 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Geez, why does CBSLocal.com attract the most bigoted comments ever? (Original post)
alp227 Dec 2012 OP
LTR Dec 2012 #1
alp227 Dec 2012 #2
pstokely Dec 2012 #3
GoCubsGo Dec 2012 #4

Response to alp227 (Original post)

Mon Dec 24, 2012, 09:02 PM

1. Gotta love internet passive-aggressiveness

Giving cretins the courage to act like complete assholes without the blowback.

I hope they realize that the only thing they accomplish is making themselves look like idiots.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Dec 25, 2012, 03:22 PM

2. Update: the "monkeys" comment has been hidden with a tag "awaiting moderation". Yippee!

Reply to this post

Tue Dec 25, 2012, 06:40 PM

3. are they real bigots or just trolls pretending to be bigots?

The comments sections are filled with bigots or trolls

Reply to this post

Tue Dec 25, 2012, 06:51 PM

4. That's mild compared to the Yahell! comments.

I advise avoiding those altogether. Anonymity brings out the worst in these disgusting cowards.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread