HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » How about the US GOV Nati...

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 11:42 PM

How about the US GOV National Institutes of Health

You've seen this. You choose to ignore it and slime those looking for answers.

NIH.GOV: Antidepressants and Violence-Problems at the Interface of Medicine & Law
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1564177/

Both clinical trial and pharmacovigilance data point to possible links between these drugs and violent behaviours. The legal cases outlined returned a variety of verdicts that may in part have stemmed from different judicial processes. Many jurisdictions appear not to have considered the possibility that a prescription drug may induce violence.

...In these trials, hostile events are found to excess in both adults and children on paroxetine compared with placebo, and are found across indications, and both on therapy and during withdrawal. The rates were highest in children with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), where the odds ratio of a hostile event was 17 times greater (95% confidence interval

Emotional blunting

Another mechanism that may contribute to hostile events is treatment-induced emotional blunting. Several reports published since 1990 have linked SSRI intake with the production of emotional blunting, detachment, or an amotivational syndrome, described in one report as the equivalent to a

“chemical lobotomy”

The new issues highlighted by these cases need urgent examination jointly by jurists and psychiatrists in all countries where antidepressants are widely used. The problem is international, and it would make sense to organise an international effort now.

Ignore your governments request for further examination if you will.

Others won't. In fact, the constant and frankly unbelievable attacks against those who are trying to figure out what is making these kids pick up a gun and kill their classmates have motivated me (at least) to spend every free minute of my time in the next few months getting out the truth about these drugs as outlined by the US FEDERAL GOVERNMENT National Institutes of Health.

So, in a way, thanks to you and the rest. You will NEVER SILENCE people like me. And now you've helped to turn over a hornets nest. Mark my words, if you wanted this under the rug, you've had the opposite effect. Happy Holidays.

From the above:

...In 1998, a new family doctor, unaware of this adverse reaction to fluoxetine, prescribed paroxetine 20 mg to DS, for what was diagnosed as an anxiety disorder. Two days later having had, it is believed, two doses of medication, DS using a gun put three bullets each through the heads of his wife, his daughter who was visiting, and his nine-month-old granddaughter before killing himself.

If he didn't have a gun you think he would have baked a cake or done some laundry?

http://ssristories.com/index.php

1 replies, views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Reply to this thread