HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Who was the second man ar...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 05:01 AM

Who was the second man arrested at the Sandy Hook school?

2:42 p.m. CST -- Speaking at the shooting site, Connecticut state police Lt. Paul Vance confirmed New Jersey police are working an angle of the case; that there is a "secondary" crime scene being investigated; and authorities expect to remain on site through the evening and possibly the weekend. He reiterated the death count at the school campus is 27 including the shooter, 20 children and six other adults.

2:37 p.m. CST -- A new top to the story from The Associated Press says the brother of shooter 24-year-old Ryan Lanza is being held for questioning as a possible second shooter...

2:25 p.m. CST -- A FoxNews report said witnesses said a handcuffed man, dressed in camouflage was led out of a nearby woods by officers who reported to the shooting. The individual is Lanza's younger brother, according to the Associated Press.

#t=24s

#t=101s

2:15 p.m. CST -- The Associated Press reports: A law enforcement official says the suspect in the Connecticut school shootings is 24-year-old Ryan Lanza and that his younger brother is being held for questioning as a possible second shooter. The law enforcement official said the boys' mother, Nancy Lanza, works at the school as a teacher. The official also said Ryan Lanza's girlfriend and another friend are missing in New Jersey.

Speaking on condition of anonymity, the official said the suspect is dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound...

2:05 p.m. CST -- FoxNews reports both parents of the gunmen were found dead in their homes.

1:59 p.m. CST -- A tweet from The Associated Press, quoting a source, says brother of the shooter is being held.

1:52 p.m. CST - FoxNews report cites a source saying the shooter's father was found dead in his home.

1:46 p.m. CST - FoxNews, attributing the information to a source, says the shooter's mother is "presumed dead." Reporters stress there is no clarity on where the woman is believed to have died.

1:40 p.m. CST - CBS News, as other agencies have through the morning, looks for details on a possible second gunman. CBS' John Miller reports authorities have an individual in custody who investigators said may be a possible second shooter. Miller also reports that authorities have gone into a home connected with the individual in custody after seeing what appeared to be a body inside.

1:22 p.m. CST - CBS News reports Senior Correspondent John Miller was told the gunman had an argument with the principal before the shooting started.

http://blog.al.com/wire/2012/12/connecticut_elementary_school.html

62 replies, 6399 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 62 replies Author Time Post
Reply Who was the second man arrested at the Sandy Hook school? (Original post)
HiPointDem Dec 2012 OP
graham4anything Dec 2012 #1
HiPointDem Dec 2012 #2
graham4anything Dec 2012 #7
HiPointDem Dec 2012 #8
graham4anything Dec 2012 #9
HiPointDem Dec 2012 #10
Lizzie Poppet Dec 2012 #35
Jim Warren Dec 2012 #46
Lizzie Poppet Dec 2012 #48
Ghost in the Machine Dec 2012 #12
TheMadMonk Dec 2012 #20
HiPointDem Dec 2012 #25
Ghost in the Machine Dec 2012 #43
cali Dec 2012 #3
HiPointDem Dec 2012 #4
cali Dec 2012 #5
HiPointDem Dec 2012 #6
graham4anything Dec 2012 #11
HiPointDem Dec 2012 #14
graham4anything Dec 2012 #16
Oilwellian Dec 2012 #62
Atman Dec 2012 #13
HiPointDem Dec 2012 #15
graham4anything Dec 2012 #17
MH1 Dec 2012 #41
Shankapotomus Dec 2012 #27
HooptieWagon Dec 2012 #53
HiPointDem Dec 2012 #55
HooptieWagon Dec 2012 #56
HiPointDem Dec 2012 #57
HooptieWagon Dec 2012 #59
help.help. me rhoda Dec 2012 #47
Skidmore Dec 2012 #18
HiPointDem Dec 2012 #19
sendero Dec 2012 #21
HiPointDem Dec 2012 #23
Atman Dec 2012 #37
magical thyme Dec 2012 #39
Festivito Dec 2012 #22
HiPointDem Dec 2012 #24
proud2BlibKansan Dec 2012 #38
HiPointDem Dec 2012 #44
proud2BlibKansan Dec 2012 #49
HiPointDem Dec 2012 #50
bettyellen Dec 2012 #58
magical thyme Dec 2012 #40
exboyfil Dec 2012 #26
Smarmie Doofus Dec 2012 #32
HiPointDem Dec 2012 #51
SugarShack Dec 2012 #28
HiPointDem Dec 2012 #52
HooptieWagon Dec 2012 #54
H2O Man Dec 2012 #29
TorchTheWitch Dec 2012 #30
etherealtruth Dec 2012 #31
proud2BlibKansan Dec 2012 #33
LaydeeBug Dec 2012 #34
HiPointDem Dec 2012 #45
Comrade_McKenzie Dec 2012 #36
Tsiyu Dec 2012 #42
JDPriestly Dec 2012 #60
HiPointDem Dec 2012 #61

Response to HiPointDem (Original post)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 05:11 AM

1. Here come the conspiracy theorists wanting to deflect the NRA and guns from blame

I see dead people myself
20 dead kids

I see 40 pairs of shoes this Christmas time laid out with their owners now all buried.

Conspiracy theories

I see dead people.

Every day in America
someone dies from a gun and a bullet.

I see dead people.
They do exist.

Who next shall die from the hand of a gun and a bullet?

btw-1/2 the info above was proven wrong.
And the killer used his brothers name.

(to paraphrase the great Christmas story)
Yes Virginia, there is a conspiracy and its NO theory
It is the NRA trying to insist that guns do not kill
As the NRA is made up of 4.3 million people, they form a conspiracy against mankind to keep their toys and not take the blame for deaths daily in the United States.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to graham4anything (Reply #1)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 05:13 AM

2. You're saying a second man wasn't arrested? That on-the-scene witness is lying or imagined it?

as well as the crowd of people around him who don't contradict him? and the police car the suspect is sitting in that the witness nods at 'over there' is imaginary too?

Reply to this post

Response to HiPointDem (Reply #2)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 05:25 AM

7. I am saying the NRA makes millions off the death of 20 little kids who won't celebrate Christmas

they are holding firesales to get their backers even more guns

$$$$ they are making off the death of these beautiful 20 kids

20 pairs of shoes with no feet around a Christmas tree, around the packages that were waiting for those smiling beautiful kids to unwrap Christmas morning

now instead of laughter, all we have is tears.

I do see dead people, and that's no conspiracy theory.
All the dead people killed by guns, and all so transparent as to why people want to stockpile guns.

They don't want to stop at 20 kids.
They don't want to stop at 40 shoes or sneakers.

Because there will be more. And it could be stopped.
But they won't allow it.
Therefore they are complicit in it. 100% accessories to cold blooded murder.

and no that is not over the top. That is what is happening here in America every day of the year.

and the NRA spews its ugly lies and phony reasons.

Reply to this post

Response to graham4anything (Reply #7)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 05:27 AM

8. what does that have to do with my question? you're saying this man in handcuffs is an NRA lie?

Reply to this post

Response to HiPointDem (Reply #8)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 05:37 AM

9. Without a gun in the street, 20 kids would be alive today. FACT NOT CONSPIRACY THEORY.

Reply to this post

Response to graham4anything (Reply #9)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 05:37 AM

10. What does that have to do with the question I asked? Nothing.

Reply to this post

Response to graham4anything (Reply #9)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 09:54 AM

35. You're flailing.

You posted an implied ad hominem (that someone posting documented fact and wondering what was up is some sort of NRA shill), got called on it, and are now wandering miles afield in an attempt to deflect.

Hey, your prerogative, but don't think it's not as obvious as a hippo in a tutu.

Reply to this post

Response to Lizzie Poppet (Reply #35)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 03:43 PM

46. Yes

Frankly, the kind of behavior exhibited in this string and the righteousness that often accompanies it is the one main reason why I don't visit this site more often.

Reply to this post

Response to Jim Warren (Reply #46)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 03:47 PM

48. I hear ya.

On my way out, myself...but I had a request in to one of the mods. Haven't heard a word in a week.

Reply to this post

Response to graham4anything (Reply #7)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 05:57 AM

12. Answer the damned question already, would you?

All you've done is dance around and spout bullshit that has NOTHING to do with the question you were asked. What are you afraid of??

Reply to this post

Response to Ghost in the Machine (Reply #12)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 06:38 AM

20. I think, since there has been no, zero, nada mention...

...of this supposed second individual in over a week, (except to ask where he is) one can safely assume that he doesn't exist.

Reply to this post

Response to TheMadMonk (Reply #20)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 07:42 AM

25. then the witness in the news, at the scene, who nodded towards the police car the handcuffed

person was then sitting in, just made it up?

then why did the reporter choose to put it on tv, when he could have verified there was no handcuffed person in the nearby police car?

Reply to this post

Response to TheMadMonk (Reply #20)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 03:25 PM

43. Well I can show you a news article from Dec. 26th 2001 that said bin Laden was dead....

It has never been refuted, retracted or corrected, and is still on the 'net today. The biggest surprise?? It was Fox Nooze that reported it... then it got buried, never mentioned again...

Report: Bin Laden Already Dead
Published December 26, 2001
FoxNews.com

Usama bin Laden has died a peaceful death due to an untreated lung complication, the Pakistan Observer reported, citing a Taliban leader who allegedly attended the funeral of the Al Qaeda leader.

"The Coalition troops are engaged in a mad search operation but they would never be able to fulfill their cherished goal of getting Usama alive or dead," the source said.

Bin Laden, according to the source, was suffering from a serious lung complication and succumbed to the disease in mid-December, in the vicinity of the Tora Bora mountains. The source claimed that bin Laden was laid to rest honorably in his last abode and his grave was made as per his Wahabi belief.

About 30 close associates of bin Laden in Al Qaeda, including his most trusted and personal bodyguards, his family members and some "Taliban friends," attended the funeral rites. A volley of bullets was also fired to pay final tribute to the "great leader."

The Taliban source who claims to have seen bin Laden's face before burial said "he looked pale ... but calm, relaxed and confident."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,41576,00.html#ixzz2FuNGICWZ

Sorry for the Faux Snooze link,,,, but there it is...

Ghost

Reply to this post

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 05:14 AM

3. It's called the fog of war- or lousy reporting if you prefer.

there was no second gunman. duh.

Let the dumb conspiracy theories march forth.

Reply to this post

Response to cali (Reply #3)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 05:18 AM

4. I didn't say there was a second gunman. I asked who the second *man* arrested was. A man

*was* arrested & it wasn't adam lanza, because he was dead.

The man who was arrested ran from police, up into the woods behind the school.

Just wondering who he was. Do you know?

Reply to this post

Response to HiPointDem (Reply #4)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 05:21 AM

5. How do we know that there really was a second man arrested?

Reply to this post

Response to cali (Reply #5)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 05:23 AM

6. Because he was sitting in the police car on the scene when the on-the-scene witness in the

video says police walked him out of the woods in handcuffs & he was sitting in the front seat of that police car (nods at car) at that very moment?

as well as other reports that a second man was arrested, some of which i posted in the OP?

Reply to this post

Response to HiPointDem (Reply #6)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 05:48 AM

11. Are you saying the NRA is in cahoots with attempting to do a coup'd'etat in America?

I am not quite sure what you are getting at.
Is it that people stockpiling guns are doing so to do a coup'd'etat?

Reply to this post

Response to graham4anything (Reply #11)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 06:01 AM

14. i think the question i asked is perfectly clear, and it has nothing to do with any of the sidetracks

you keep going down.

i won't be responding to your posts in the future.

Reply to this post

Response to HiPointDem (Reply #14)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 06:13 AM

16. poster Atman, post #13 in this thread gives a very good answer.

perhaps though the guy was exposing himself or taking a piss or something
perhaps he was littering
perhaps he was attempting to rob the purses of teachers who were just killed or steal the 20 pairs of shoes of the dead children to sell on ebay

perhaps there are 10000000000000000000 different answers

none of which I would assume is what Fox was angling at.

putting National Guards in every single school in America is the single greatest idea I have heard so far.
LBJ called on the national guard when George Racist Wallace was blocking schools after the historic bills were signed. I like this idea,more than any other.

IT is one that could be done in a minimal amount of time and it could alleviate some other problems in this country too. Say five in each school on rotating shifts of two with overlaps.

Reply to this post

Response to graham4anything (Reply #16)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 07:09 PM

62. The national guard have day jobs n/t

Reply to this post

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 05:58 AM

13. If you paid half as much attention to the real story...

...you'd have discovered the report in which the police chief had been concerned with increasing complaints from townspeople that local "sportsmen" were going outside of the town's established gun ranges and doing their target shooting in nearby wooded areas close to homes. He said they were stopping and questioning anybody in the vicinity at the time.

As long as we're just guessing, perhaps this man you speak was simply an idiot in the wrong place at the wrong time and was swept up in the dragnet. Do you really that after more than a week the police would be hiding facts about a second gunmen? Why?

You posted breaking-news speculation, virtually all of which was shown to be wrong shortly after the fact. One amusing note: look how grossly wrong Fox News was. Fox has no real "news" division, so they don't really know how to do this stuff. Perhaps a call to the father's place of work might have been in order before simply pulling stuff out of their ass?

Reply to this post

Response to Atman (Reply #13)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 06:12 AM

15. in other words, you don't know. but you felt the need to get your digs in at me for posting the

question anyway.

no idea why this is such a sensitive question.

Reply to this post

Response to HiPointDem (Reply #15)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 06:16 AM

17. I don't know if you post in the gun threads, where 100% my posts are anti-NRA, anti-Gun, but

but if you do, this tactic (the OP and followups by same) is the tactic that is used daily there by pro-gun, pro-NRA people.

It is fascinating to watch this tactic as I am aware of it and have been for a long, long time
as the prior board I was on had a gun section quite like the one here, and like here, every post I made there was anti-gun, anti-NRA.

History repeats itself, and I see it very clearly.

Along with seeing dead people...the faces of the 20 kids killed in the CT school who have presents under the trees they never will be opening and tears instead of smiles in the families a
gun and bullet took away from them.

Reply to this post

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 11:07 AM

41. None of which proves he was actually ARRESTED.

Under the circumstances, he would have been a suspect. As a suspect, he might have been handcuffed.

He was probably determined to be uninvolved and released without arrest.

I do not know that but it is a very likely scenario. Much likelier than some notion of a conspiracy of silence about a second shooter.

Reply to this post

Response to cali (Reply #5)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 07:55 AM

27. Not to promote a conspiracy but

there is also aerial video of someone being chased down in the woods behind the school by police. Of course, that doesn't mean they were chasing a suspect. It was more likely a frightened school worker police only presumed was a suspect because they were running.

Reply to this post

Response to HiPointDem (Reply #4)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 04:39 PM

53. The reporting was lousy. About the second man...

There was a man at the scene who police thought suspicious because he was dressed in camo pants and black jacket. He was handcuffed, brought to the station for questioning, and released. I think he was a parent of a student who happened to be at the school when the shooting broke out, or arrived just after it began.
These scenes are pretty confusing for cops. The ID and motive of shooter is unknown, and unknown if they have co-gunmen or accomplices who pose a threat or are trying to mingle in crowd and escape. So, anyone who looks even remotely suspicious is cuffed and questioned. There were a lot of "suspicious persons" taken away by police during Columbine.

Reply to this post

Response to HooptieWagon (Reply #53)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 04:54 PM

55. link? there was a male parent who was coming to make gingerbread houses & was questioned after

trying to enter to find his child. not the same person as the man taken out of the woods.

Reply to this post

Response to HiPointDem (Reply #55)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 05:22 PM

56. Find your own link.

You're the one demanding information on a second individual detained by police. It should be on google. Google is your friend.

Reply to this post

Response to HooptieWagon (Reply #56)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 05:27 PM

57. i didn't find any resolution or explanation. you claim to have one, i asked for a link.

Reply to this post

Response to HiPointDem (Reply #57)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 06:10 PM

59. I told you I don't have one.

I read it in one of many news reports. There was no reason to bookmark it. I think there's YouTube videos of him being cuffed and put in squad car. I'm not the least concerned about it. If he had been arrested, there would be a public record. Since the police released him, I've no reason to believe he was involved. I've never seen a name for him...understandable since he wasn't arrested and if police released his name it would only be giving fuel to conspiracy theorists.

Reply to this post

Response to cali (Reply #3)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 03:46 PM

47. The fog of Kool-Aid prepared with fluoridated water...

"Dumb conspiracies" my arse.

MK Ultra'd "coroner" laughs and seems dazed at various simple questions:

Father of victim speaks out a day later, laughing as he goes up to the podium and says "You want me to read this card?"

Reply to this post

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 06:20 AM

18. Several days ago I heard a reporter on MSNBC

allude to a janitor swept up by mistake in the early chaos of securing the scene. He was released and I've heard no other mention of it since.

Reply to this post

Response to Skidmore (Reply #18)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 06:33 AM

19. you win the prize for being the only person who actually gave a possible answer without reading

anything into the question. thanks.

Reply to this post

Response to HiPointDem (Reply #19)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 06:53 AM

21. So much of that..

... initial dialog has been found to be just plain WRONG I can't put much stock in any of it.

But I will say that I find it a bit puzzling how quiet the whole thing is now, it is like the police are completely muzzled, there is NO new information coming out and I guarantee you they have some.

Reply to this post

Response to sendero (Reply #21)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 07:38 AM

23. some of the wrongness is explicable as 'fog of war,' as cali said. some of it i find weird though.

like the 'official' who said lanza's dad had been murdered. but he had to be anonymous because they weren't supposed to be making statements yet.

that's just weird, for more than one reason.

Reply to this post

Response to HiPointDem (Reply #19)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 10:03 AM

37. Except for that I posted this in #13

Virtually the same explanation; the police said they were sweeping the area and questioning everybody, and the was likely in the wrong place at the wrong time. Graham has an attitude, and once again twisted my response into something it wasn't, which he has also done to many others trying to be reasonable with him.

Reply to this post

Response to Skidmore (Reply #18)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 10:52 AM

39. thank you for the first sensible answer I've seen to this

and for not accusing questioners of being NRA nuts when an honest answer serves so much better to undermine any actual attempts at conspiracy-spinning.

Reply to this post

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 06:55 AM

22. The brother was handcuffed, questioned, released.

Reportedly had not seen his shooter-bro in about 2 years IIRC.

The second site was the mother, shot in her bed.

I had not heard of the father being shot.

Reply to this post

Response to Festivito (Reply #22)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 07:39 AM

24. he wasn't handcuffed at the scene of the shooting, which is the case here. and the father

*wasn't* shot.

Reply to this post

Response to HiPointDem (Reply #24)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 10:16 AM

38. It was a hunter

It was all over the TV coverage last weekend.

Reply to this post

Response to proud2BlibKansan (Reply #38)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 03:36 PM

44. link? seems a little weird that hunting is allowing right behind a school.

Reply to this post

Response to HiPointDem (Reply #44)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 04:01 PM

49. Here's all I could find:

A witness tells WFSB-TV that a second man was taken out of the woods in handcuffs wearing a black jacket and camouflage pants and telling parents on the scene, I did not do it.

http://connecticut.cbslocal.com/2012/12/14/school-shooting-leaves-multiple-injured/

I saw this guy interviewed on CNN. This was after the cops let him go. He claimed he was just a hunter. But your point about hunting behind a school is very valid.

Reply to this post

Response to proud2BlibKansan (Reply #49)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 04:10 PM

50. that's the same incident. but i don't see anything in the article about him being a hunter. i

notice that the article also repeats some misinformation, eg lanza's mom was a teacher at the school.

Reply to this post

Response to HiPointDem (Reply #44)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 05:52 PM

58. a few reports said you could often hear gunfire by the school, most notably the interview with the

man who found a bunch of students sitting in his driveway right after the shooting, who took them in and called the parents.
He said the sound of gunfire by the school did not alarm him, he'd heard it often before.

Reply to this post

Response to Festivito (Reply #22)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 10:58 AM

40. The brother was at work in Manhattan at the time of his detention

Ryan had stolen his brother's ID.

All of this goes to show not a conspiracy by the NRA, but the total irresponsibility and incompetence of a media determined to be "first" to report at all costs, no matter who they injure or how much damage they cause.

Reply to this post

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 07:49 AM

26. I want to know how the local paper

the Bee got a quote from the principal about the shooting when the principal was killed. It was on their website, and I saw it in a cache a few days ago. That kind of stuff needs explanation from the media - if the initial story was wrong the clarification needs to be printed (I talked to such and such and misidentified them in the earlier story for example - any less is malfeasance by reporters in my mind).

Here is The Bee's explanation. I had to do a Google search to get it:

http://newtownbee.com/News/News/2012-12-17__13-24-07/Retraction+And+Apology

Who was the person who misidentified themselves? That is story in of itself. Either the reporter is sloppy or the person quoted is a liar.

Reply to this post

Response to exboyfil (Reply #26)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 08:54 AM

32. Not much to it I suspect.

A call to the principal's office would have been fielded by an AP, the school secretary or even a school aide. Literally by anyone who was near the phone when it rang.... given the chaotic circumstances.

Must have been bedlam, really.

Reply to this post

Response to Smarmie Doofus (Reply #32)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 04:11 PM

51. i have seen it reported that the principal's secretary was absent that day.

Reply to this post

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 08:09 AM

28. They intereviewed the man in camouflage, he was there to pick up daughter and waited off in trees

Reply to this post

Response to SugarShack (Reply #28)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 04:12 PM

52. link?

Reply to this post

Response to HiPointDem (Reply #52)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 04:48 PM

54. No link, but I've read similar.

Police thought he was suspicious during confusion of event, so he was taken away for questioning and later released. I haven't read he was actually arrested.You can probably google it.

Reply to this post

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 08:14 AM

29. Schools are often

busy places. In this case, the second person was coming to the school for a reason totally unrelated to the shootings. When the person heard the gun-fire, they headed behind the building, into the wooded area.

Police have a duty to search the surrounding area. In this case, it would include for other possible suspects, other victims, and even small children on the run. They did handcuff and question this second person -- which technically could be termed an "arrest" -- but were satisfied that they had nothing to do with the crime. That person's identity remains secret, for the obvious reason that ghoulish conspiracy nuts would attempt to associate them with the crime.

The actual secondary crime scene was, all too obviously, the killer's home. Police were there for a long time, again all too obvious.

The news media had reports that were confused and inaccurate. This is not uncommon for "on-the-scene" reporting, more so with 24/7 cable news. One specific issue yet to be resolved publicly is if the person that the principal had a confrontation/argument with on the day before the shooting was the same person who committed the murders. The police do know the answer now, but it is among the things they are not officially commenting on at this time. When their full report is issued -- probably in late January or early February -- it will contain the answer to that question.

Reply to this post

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 08:32 AM

30. who cares?

It was just some dude in the woods that just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and that police needed to question. Obviously he was cleared and sent on his way. What do you care about some dude that had nothing to do with it?

Reply to this post

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 08:50 AM

31. I have no doubt eye witnesses saw people detained at the scene

an horrific crime occurred ..... there was confusion (terror and horror, as well).

I am sure people were detained and questioned. We see this after horrific crimes.

i am not sure what you are looking for ... two people armed with weapons? Three?

Are you supposing more than one deranged person armed with weapons descended on that school? .... that law enforcement allowed the other sociopaths to go free?

Reply to this post

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 09:39 AM

33. This is silly. The guy they detained was a hunter.

He was interviewed. I saw that interview a couple times. He was dressed in camo because he was hunting.

Reply to this post

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 09:41 AM

34. IT WAS HIS BROTHER, AND IT TURNED OUT HE WAS NOT AT ALL INVOLVED WITH WHAT HIS BROTHER DID. nt

Reply to this post

Response to LaydeeBug (Reply #34)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 03:39 PM

45. his brother wasn't put in hancuffs at the school in the immediate aftermath of the crime. his

brother was posting on facebook from new jersey.

Reply to this post

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 10:00 AM

36. A lot of shit happens in the midst of chaos...

I only care about the official corroborated narrative.

Reply to this post

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 12:13 PM

42. It awful the way this whole thing is being handled

By people who "think" they are sharp. Every little detail that came out as this situation unfolded was not vetted, but seized on and embellished so that even now, over a week after the fact, clear UNTRUTHS are being offered up as solid fact.

First off, others have explained the second shooter theory and the secondary crime scene.

And perhaps law enforcement are not releasing details so that the families can get through this tragedy and bury their babies. LEOs at the scene said they had found evidence to determine a motive at the school. I trust them to investigate thoroughly - not as the media has done - and release their findings when ALL the facts are discovered and they can be accurate in describing what the evidence shows.

As for all of the conspiracy nuts ( not saying you are one, OP ) how awful that people with very gone chidren are having to hear the speculation that their babies really weren't killed and, in the case of one father, that he didn't grieve properly enough.

I will not mention his name, but all those saying a certain father had to "compose himself" into sadness are absolutely the most idiotic people I have ever had the displeasure to hear pontificate.

Are they all too frickin' out of it to remember we have all sorts of prescription drugs flowing in the good ole US? Can they not, in their little, bitty heads, imagine that maybe this dad's doc prescribed a scrip to help him deal? That maybe this explains his behavior? Or that some people laugh when they are terrified, angry, nervous? That most of us would not look perpetually good in the face of a crowd of cameras?

It's disgusting, and I hope that father knows that I merely grieve with him; I cannot in any way judge him after he has just lost a precious child, and I am sickened by those who rip him apart for sport.

The media get a fail, and the CTs get a big and

Reply to this post

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 06:11 PM

60. Uninformed, inaccurate reporting most likely.

That is what happens when people try to get their reports in on events before anyone has a chance to figure out what really happened. That is why the fuss about the inaccuracies in reporting the Benghazi killings was out of place. In many crises, it takes time to put all the information together and figure out what really happened. It doesn't work like a TV show. You don't have an all-knowing author who plants clues. You have to be patient to work the puzzle.

Reply to this post

Response to JDPriestly (Reply #60)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 06:22 PM

61. i would take that more into credit if there weren't a video of an eyewitness who nodded toward

the police car where the man in handcuffs was sitting; also a video of police chasing someone in the woods behind the school.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread