HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » The Onion nailed it back ...

Sat Dec 22, 2012, 12:16 PM

The Onion nailed it back in May about the NRA

This Onion article is from May of this year;

FAIRFAX, VAŚNational Rifle Association Executive Vice President and CEO Wayne LaPierre said Monday that somewhere around 1,000 kids would have to die in a school shooting in order for the organization to reconsider their longstanding opposition to gun control.

"Yeah, that's probably the only way we'd reassess much of anything at this point: 1,000 dead kids, shot up pretty good, lying face down in the school auditorium or something like that," LaPierre said, noting that anything less than 1,000 dead kids would not be enough for the NRA to stop urging Congress to pass pro-gun legislation. "I mean, that's just a ballpark number, but I imagine seeing 1,000 or so body bags being wheeled out of a school and a whole town of crying parents would probably make us reflect on our values for at least a little bit."

"So yeah, more or less 1,000 dead kids," LaPierre added. "Something around there. And teachers don't count."

In his 21st year leading the right-wing lobbying group, LaPierre reiterated that "350 or 470 dead kids or some low number like that" would have no impact on the NRA's belief that there should be more firearms on college campuses or that concealed carry laws should be more lax.

Link: http://www.theonion.com/articles/nra-sets-1000-killed-in-school-shooting-as-amount,28352/

Hypervocal picked up on this after the NRA conference about Sandy Hook. (http://hypervocal.com/politics/2012/the-onion-nra) As is so often the case The Onion is quite prescient.

1 replies, 750 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply The Onion nailed it back in May about the NRA (Original post)
47of74 Dec 2012 OP
Demo_Chris Dec 2012 #1

Response to 47of74 (Original post)

Sat Dec 22, 2012, 06:10 PM

1. Brilliant satire! (nt)

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread