HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Christmas flashback 2008:...

Sat Dec 22, 2012, 07:58 AM

Christmas flashback 2008: Lance saves Santa's Archway cookies

Here's a story that's hard for me to read without getting a little choked up, and will probably remain one of my favorite Christmas stories the rest of my life. It wasn't a huge story at the time, but it really stuck with me, and I think it might strike a chord with others here as well. There's video at the link as well, if you click the "video" button next to "read" under the headline.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/12/23/cookie.factory.reopens

I don't know anything about it other than what you see here, and perhaps I don't want to know, but this little snapshot restores a bit of my faith in humanity, and I hope it does for you too.

1 replies, 374 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Christmas flashback 2008: Lance saves Santa's Archway cookies (Original post)
Vox_Reason Dec 2012 OP
Jeff In Milwaukee Dec 2012 #1

Response to Vox_Reason (Original post)

Sat Dec 22, 2012, 08:11 AM

1. Wonder of wonders

A profitable company that treats its employees like human beings. It's worth noting that in 2008, when Lance made this gesture, their stock price was suffering right along with everybody else's. But they did it anyway. Good on them.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread