HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » LBJ-Any jackass can kick ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Dec 22, 2012, 04:11 AM

LBJ-Any jackass can kick down a barn but it takes a good carpenter to build one.

Any jackass can kick down a barn but it takes a good carpenter to build one.
Lyndon B. Johnson

this quote above says it all.
And describes the great Abraham Lincoln=FDR=LBJ=Barack Obama=Jimmy Carter=Great Carpenters

while also describing the worst- Reagan, Ford, Bush, Bush=Common Jackass'

another great quote that equally could describe both LBJ and Jimmy Carter and Barack Obama
If one morning I walked on top of the water across the Potomac River, the headline that afternoon would read: "President Can't Swim."
Lyndon B. Johnson

It's time to reclaim how great LBJ and Jimmy Carter were. And how great Barack Obama is.
and up yours to the haters and the debbie downers, sad sams and cuttenRunners.

Same people that hated the Christmas tree Charlie Brown bought.

Those that don't look 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 steps ahead and see what will be, and who
just keep their eyes wide closed to every little minutia, that in the long range scheme of things matters little to the betterment of life on this planet.
Yet who's hatred and disent will be the cause of never attaining that goal, while they then whine and whine and drone on and on about this is bad or that is bad.

Damn tired of them not realizing how much worse life could be collectively if we did not have at this time President Obama doing everything and anything. We shall not see the likes of him or any of the above very soon. Cherish what he brings.
If we don't, we will lose it for decades forward.

6 replies, 1364 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply LBJ-Any jackass can kick down a barn but it takes a good carpenter to build one. (Original post)
graham4anything Dec 2012 OP
Sherman A1 Dec 2012 #1
graham4anything Dec 2012 #4
Sherman A1 Dec 2012 #6
Bad_Ronald Dec 2012 #2
graham4anything Dec 2012 #3
glowing Dec 2012 #5

Response to graham4anything (Original post)

Sat Dec 22, 2012, 04:41 AM

1. "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president

or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else."

Theodore Roosevelt
Kansas City Star (7 May 1918).

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Sherman A1 (Reply #1)

Sat Dec 22, 2012, 06:20 AM

4. Teddy Roosevelt also was pro-war- what do you think a big stick means?

so if you are going to cite Teddy Roosevelt, he was more war mongel than LBJ was.
LBJ got caught up, Teddy was part of it.

Teddy would have used his big stick had he be around in the 1960s, but he would NOT have
gotten anywhere near the advances in social issues that LBJ did.

And Teddy Roosevelt sorry to say does NOT make my Top 5 presidents of all time list

Reply to this post

Response to graham4anything (Reply #4)

Sat Dec 22, 2012, 04:00 PM

6. You know

TR was alot of things, just as are all of us.

And TR may not make your list of top 5 but he does mine, but I never knew this was some awards ceremony.

You have your opinion and I have mine and frankly I don't need a lecture.

Reply to this post

Response to Bad_Ronald (Reply #2)

Sat Dec 22, 2012, 06:17 AM

3. Actually he had 100 assets for the 1 liability(one that any president would have had)

Reply to this post

Sat Dec 22, 2012, 06:34 AM

5. Historical Context- he will be remembered fondly.

If there wasn't so much obstruction, he could be greater. At the end of the day he's a community leader. He's a politician: he ain't God and the power wasn't invested solely upon one branch of power.

And I don't believe that we won't or can't go forward with better reps. I can only hope the next generation - the one's who get it and worked so hard to make calls and get involved run their own selves and do what it takes to make congress work!

I know the Senate is normally the immovable body, but we can have some hope.

And for God's sake, if we are going to have 2 parties, we need a sane party to counter offer and actually negotiate. We can't have such a moderate Dem party... The Dems are supposed to be liberal and want to fund every social adventure. The conservatives are supposed to watch the budget and make valid points about how the networks are working. They aren't supposed to be guided thru life with a lobbyist telling them what to do or the super wealthy buying their way out of paying their fair share. The money structure is way too corrupting (even worse sometimes at the state level where money and name recognition are nil).

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread