HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Happy Holidays!

Fri Dec 21, 2012, 11:51 PM

Happy Holidays!

Nobody has declared "war" on anything, except the AFA fuckwits and their asshole NRA friends who are more angry about people and commerces celebrating Hannukah, the Epiphany, New Years, and the fact that some of just really like snow and lights alongside Christmas than they are about children being mowed down by lunatics with ludicrously easy access to killing machines. There is no commie librul pagan Jew Christ-killer Muslin (sic) atheist PC elite conspiracy to stop people from celebrating Christmas. Nobody's ever tried to stop me or my loved ones.

The greetings Happy Holidays and Seasons Greetings have been used in free variation with Merry Christmas since before my grandparents were born, and since I'm knocking on 30 that's a helluva long time ago. The Irving Berlin/Bing Crosby masterwork "White Christmas" appears in the musical film Holiday Inn dating back to 1942, where it shares the spotlight with the equally sublime "Happy Holidays", once of the most positive, fun, and upbeat songs of the festive season (though I heard said that the greeting dates back to the 19th century). The real elites are the small-minded assholes who are overpaid for doing nothing but pressing hot "cultural" buttons as a way of getting ordinary folk to give them money that in reality they do not truly have to give. The only people stealing the meaning of Christmas from and from to rest of us who would celebrate it in the loving bliss of family and friends are those culturally and historically literate pissants who are too stupid to grasp these simple facts or the even simpler fact that many of their coreligionists do not celebrate Christmas at all or are mortified by the fact that Christmas gets all this glory and attention while the multitude of other Christian feast days in December and January are pushed aside and ignored. I have to work tomorrow morning, so Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

1 replies, 235 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Happy Holidays! (Original post)
leftlibdem420 Dec 2012 OP
Canuckistanian Dec 2012 #1

Response to leftlibdem420 (Original post)

Sat Dec 22, 2012, 12:00 AM

1. I am so SICK of this "Merry Christmas or else you're persecuting ME" mentality

The only people with their knickers in a twist are the fundies who are pissed that MAYBE Christmas is ALSO a CULTURAL holiday as much as a RELIGIOUS holiday.

And hey, it WAS a pagan holiday long before Christians took over western Europe (sometimes at the point of a sword)

Nobody and I mean NOBODY is "offended" by hearing "Merry Christmas" and that INCLUDES even recent immigrants from other religious areas.

This bullshit has got to stop.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread