HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Many Seniors Now Need ALL...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Dec 21, 2012, 10:23 AM

Many Seniors Now Need ALL Their Social Security Because Their 401's And Pensions

were stolen. They have nothing left to give up. What kind of country are we that we will not protect our elderly and our children? We are no better then places like North Korea, Iran or Syria if that is the case and it appears to be.

2 replies, 474 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Many Seniors Now Need ALL Their Social Security Because Their 401's And Pensions (Original post)
TheMastersNemesis Dec 2012 OP
Rocky888 Dec 2012 #1
RebelOne Dec 2012 #2

Response to TheMastersNemesis (Original post)

Fri Dec 21, 2012, 10:34 AM

1. Still trying to comprehend

How social security became part of this deal. Offered up by our democratic president. Cuts to seniors, and more welfare for the rich has become the narrative for both parties, except for a few.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to TheMastersNemesis (Original post)

Fri Dec 21, 2012, 10:39 AM

2. Yes, I am collecting Social Security

and I lost a lot of my 401K while I was still working. I was laid off in 2010. Then I cashed in my 401K and stuck it into my savings account while there was still something in it. There was not a whole lot and I just go into it for emergencies. So I need my Social Security as it is my only income.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread