HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Obama said this in nation...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Dec 20, 2012, 01:36 PM

Obama said this in national debate: On Soc Sec, Mr. Romney and I are in agreement"

For everything else we had on the plate, this was swallowed, and ignored. It was an issue that could hurt everyone. And he did not answer the question on Soc. Sec., only said they were in agreement.

So, he's doing it. Please review, discuss, and notice the shitstorm all around.

Obama's Social Security Answer Leaves Democrats Utterly Baffled
Posted: 10/04/2012 5:26 pm Updated: 10/05/2012 12:57 am

WASHINGTON -- Of all the moments that left Democrats scratching their collective head following President Barack Obama's debate performance Wednesday night, his comment on Social Security appeared to sting the most.

It was not that the president said anything particularly alarming about how he intends to address the program: His broader points were consistent with past statements. It was that, when presented with the opportunity to contrast his vision with that of his opponent, Obama took a pass, going so far as to say he didn't think it was an issue of disagreement.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDcQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.huffingtonpost.com%2F2012%2F10%2F04%2Fobama-social-security_n_1940755.html&ei=cljTUIeVEYW89QTHxoDADw&usg=AFQjCNFqORIKuQh-SsUN3gwLp4_0ggi2kw&sig2=OGE3CrBgO4OE-R0ac1V0rg&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.eWU

Just hard to believe he would do this for Christmas

3 replies, 376 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Obama said this in national debate: On Soc Sec, Mr. Romney and I are in agreement" (Original post)
SugarShack Dec 2012 OP
SugarShack Dec 2012 #1
SugarShack Dec 2012 #2
limpyhobbler Dec 2012 #3

Response to SugarShack (Original post)

Thu Dec 20, 2012, 01:54 PM

1. Where was Wasserman Shultz and the rest after the debate? Calling me now?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Dec 20, 2012, 01:57 PM

2. And why is this a betrayal? He SAID it!

The democrats should have gone after him then. But you can't beat up on a guy while he's running in a race you support. "O" had US by the balls!

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 20, 2012, 01:59 PM

3. Yeah it really isn't that shocking. He was always so vague and sneaky and evasive

about his plans for Social Security.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread