HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » PLACE YER BETS, PLACE YER...

Wed Dec 19, 2012, 02:00 PM

PLACE YER BETS, PLACE YER BETS! Norquist blesses "Plan 'B'"

Grover Bends The Pledge For Boehner

Grover Norquist’s anti-tax advocacy group Americans for Tax Reform is giving House Republicans a pass for voting for House Speaker John Boehner’s so-called “Plan B,” which would lock in the Bush tax cuts for all incomes up to $1 million.

“The House this week will vote on a tax bill,” reads an ATR statement. “This legislation — popularly known as “Plan B” — permanently prevents a tax increase on families making less than $1 million per year. Republicans supporting this bill are this week affirming to their constituents in writing that this bill—the sole purpose of which is to prevent tax increases — is consistent with the pledge they made to them. In ATR’s analysis, it is extremely difficult — if not impossible — to fault these Republicans’ assertion.”

ATR becomes the first major anti-tax group to endorse Boehner’s plan, which has come under heavy fire from other influential groups, including Heritage Action, and Americans for Prosperity. But ATR’s so-called taxpayer protection pledge has been the lodestar for wayward anti-tax Republicans for years. A strict reading of the pledge holds that Republicans will not vote for any legislation that results in an effective tax increase on anybody.

So the bet is, how long before the Democrats go down on bended knee to accept making the Bush tax cuts PERMANENT for all income up to $1 million per year? This obviously would put the Republicans into the superior negotiating position after the new Congress takes over on January 3.

I say the final capitulation comes in a White House signing ceremony on December 28.

1 replies, 277 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply PLACE YER BETS, PLACE YER BETS! Norquist blesses "Plan 'B'" (Original post)
RomneyLies Dec 2012 OP
sharp_stick Dec 2012 #1

Response to RomneyLies (Original post)

Wed Dec 19, 2012, 02:20 PM

1. This bended knee shit

being spouted is among the most pathetic display of wanton idiocy I've seen spewed here in a long time.

I'll take that bet... $100 that Obama does not sign the Boehner Plan B tax plan.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread