HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » PLACE YER BETS, PLACE YER...

Wed Dec 19, 2012, 02:00 PM

PLACE YER BETS, PLACE YER BETS! Norquist blesses "Plan 'B'"

Grover Bends The Pledge For Boehner

Grover Norquist’s anti-tax advocacy group Americans for Tax Reform is giving House Republicans a pass for voting for House Speaker John Boehner’s so-called “Plan B,” which would lock in the Bush tax cuts for all incomes up to $1 million.

“The House this week will vote on a tax bill,” reads an ATR statement. “This legislation — popularly known as “Plan B” — permanently prevents a tax increase on families making less than $1 million per year. Republicans supporting this bill are this week affirming to their constituents in writing that this bill—the sole purpose of which is to prevent tax increases — is consistent with the pledge they made to them. In ATR’s analysis, it is extremely difficult — if not impossible — to fault these Republicans’ assertion.”

ATR becomes the first major anti-tax group to endorse Boehner’s plan, which has come under heavy fire from other influential groups, including Heritage Action, and Americans for Prosperity. But ATR’s so-called taxpayer protection pledge has been the lodestar for wayward anti-tax Republicans for years. A strict reading of the pledge holds that Republicans will not vote for any legislation that results in an effective tax increase on anybody.

<snip>

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/12/grover-bends-the-pledge-for-boehner.php?ref=fpa

So the bet is, how long before the Democrats go down on bended knee to accept making the Bush tax cuts PERMANENT for all income up to $1 million per year? This obviously would put the Republicans into the superior negotiating position after the new Congress takes over on January 3.

I say the final capitulation comes in a White House signing ceremony on December 28.

1 replies, 245 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply PLACE YER BETS, PLACE YER BETS! Norquist blesses "Plan 'B'" (Original post)
RomneyLies Dec 2012 OP
sharp_stick Dec 2012 #1

Response to RomneyLies (Original post)

Wed Dec 19, 2012, 02:20 PM

1. This bended knee shit

being spouted is among the most pathetic display of wanton idiocy I've seen spewed here in a long time.

I'll take that bet... $100 that Obama does not sign the Boehner Plan B tax plan.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread