Wed Dec 19, 2012, 08:08 AM
OneGrassRoot (20,328 posts)
*** HELP Fellow DUers: Put Your Values into Action!!! ***
(I was previously given permission by Skinner to post periodically about http://www.wishadoo.org, especially when it involves DUers, with this required disclaimer: "The administrators of Democratic Underground have given permission for one discussion thread on this topic. The administrators of Democratic Underground make no claims regarding the legitimacy or illegitimacy of this fundraising effort. Permission was granted by Skinner on 8/6/2010, and the moderators have been notified.")
If you're not familiar with Wishadoo, please see my journal for previous posts.
Please show some love to three current Wishlist Posts created by DUers (though there are others; peruse the whole list!). One is VERY DOABLE in time for Christmas!!! You can show support by kicking & recommending this thread and doing what you can, even if it isn't financial! We can ALWAYS help by simply acknowledging someone. It takes a lot of courage to "put yourself out there" and ask for help. The last thread didn't get much attention. Hopefully this one will, as we're offered ways to take positive action to improve the world, even in the face of all the horrors, pain and suffering.
BTW, if you're on FB and/or twitter and connected to other DUers, please share these threads! Other communities can also make use of the Wishlist and other tools to help their community members, as Skinner has allowed us to do here at DU.
1. WE ARE STILL FOCUSING ON DEEK'S WISHLIST. Only $72.50 has been raised thus far. You may remember deek's thread from April 2012, where she asked for votes to win a new wheelchair van for her daughter. DUers voted, but she didn't win. The engine on her van died and she needs a new one now, so she turned to Wishadoo! for help.
Here is the link to the Wishlist post (remember, Wishadoo!'s Wishlist tool is like "a craigslist of compassion").
2. Next is DUer, Akoto, a very selfless young man -- currently disabled with another Wishlist post that we'll focus on after Deek's -- who created a Wishlist Post asking for Grey's Anatomy DVDs for his hardworking mom!!!
3. Let's not forget silvershadow, who created a Wishlist Post to raise funds necessary to start a non-profit organization for those who have Multiple Sclerosis and other similar neurological diseases.
"I have MS, and struggle daily through my life. I envision starting small and growing the organization to where it needs to be."
(You can contact all three members here at DU or via Wishadoo. Offering emotional support and suggestions can be priceless gifts.
There are other Wishlist posts, some of which were posted by other DUers (see my journal for previous Wishadoo-related OP's here at DU).
Again, it is GREATLY appreciated it if you would kindly:
* Recommend this thread and keep it kicked
* Share the Wishlist post with your social networks (or share from here, of course)
* Offer whatever support you can (financial support, information, advice, well wishes, etc.)
* Share Wishadoo! with others (online and in person); after all, the more who gather...
OTHER HELPFUL LINKS @ WISHADOO:
Marketplace (like ebay for good!)
To see an infographic which summarizes the existing tools and goals of Wishadoo!, please CLICK HERE (then click again to enlarge).
ABOUT WISHADOO!: Anyone is welcome to use the tools at Wishadoo, so long as the Terms of Service are adhered to (basically "play nice" and don't lie). This includes creating posts in the Wishlist, a "craigslist of compassion." Most of us are struggling with one thing or another, and as you'll see, there are many categories in the Wishlist to cover a variety of issues/needs.
Wishadoo! is a comprehensive portal providing tools, resources and inspiration to connect, help/be helped, and cultivate compassion, cooperation and authentic community in myriad ways, online and in our own "backyards." Wishadoo!'s tools have been designed to integrate and be of service to all sectors of community: individuals, neighborhoods, schools, organizations and businesses.
The Wishlist is where we can ask, offer, give, receive and pay it forward. If you create a Wishlist post, let me know your DU name, and I can start to do weekly or biweekly threads such as this to highlight DUers' needs and offerings.
Any contributions to Wishadoo! goes toward the cost of maintaining the site, NOT toward any Wishlist posts. That takes place one on one, between Wishadoo! members. If you are able to help with costs to keep the site going, we all appreciate your generosity tremendously.
MANY, MANY thanks to those who have already
helped support Wishadoo! in various ways!
22 replies, 1347 views
Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
*** HELP Fellow DUers: Put Your Values into Action!!! *** (Original post)
|Hell Hath No Fury||Dec 2012||#8|
|smokey nj||Dec 2012||#13|
Response to OneGrassRoot (Original post)
Wed Dec 19, 2012, 03:43 PM
silvershadow (3,522 posts)
11. Bump. And, here is my Wishadoo post: I thank you for looking, and if you have any ideas or can
help, please inbox me. I am busy of course with the holidays, but I will check in frequently. Thank you all.