HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » A different view. I bor...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Dec 17, 2012, 12:18 PM

A different view. I borrowed it with the authors OK

Think about this folks. Watch your kids play video games, the first person war games that they love to play so much. They are very vivid and and the modern graphics are very realistic. They enter a building and kill everything that gets in their way and when they enter a room they kill everyone in it.
Does this sound familiar???

Almost all of our children who play these games understand that it is just a game. The majority of our children do not use the game as a simulator for a mass killing. BUT a few who are emotionally and/or mentally challenged do use them as a trainer for real life attacks. I have never posted an anti game post before. My own son loves these games and he is the most gentle soul I know of. I'm sure we all know many like him but all the kids out there playing these games are not like them. There are a few who do not disconnect and take these new skills into the real world.

This is exactly what I believe happened in this last tragedy. The road the liberals are on is not going to work. They are not going to get gun confiscation legislation through the House and they are not going to control the people who commit these crimes. Nor will they begin to see that these video games in the hands of those who have a very loose grip on reality and normal relationships are just in training for the next big real world shoot.

When the next tragic event happens, and it will happen, the gun owners in this country will be treated like criminals as the anti 2nd crowd is screaming to take away our guns. And the population that these killers come from will be patted on the back and treated as if they are no threat at all. Then mom and dad will take them to wally and by them a new game because it keeps them occupied and happy.

2 replies, 317 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply A different view. I borrowed it with the authors OK (Original post)
qkvhj Dec 2012 OP
Cooley Hurd Dec 2012 #1
Earth_First Dec 2012 #2

Response to qkvhj (Original post)

Mon Dec 17, 2012, 12:23 PM

1. So many strawmen, so little time...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to qkvhj (Original post)

Mon Dec 17, 2012, 12:25 PM

2. Nope. We are a household that does not permit first-person, violent, gun play games in our home...

It really IS that easy.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread